You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ombromondo

Smoke

11 comments in this topic

[RM-I]
Members
350 posts
29,058 battles

it's no longer worth playing all the British. The change of smoke has greatly restricted these ships.

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,894 battles

You have to change your play style

when the big Cruiser nerf happened many of us were a tad upset but we had no choice iether channge your playstyle if the nerf effected you in a big way or stop playing the ship in question...

You have got to adapt!

this game strifes for balance , fairness not so much

Supertester
4,153 posts
4,643 battles

Well, you do have a buff coming up next patch that may help

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

I've not noticed that the new firing reveal mechanic is much of a detriment to cruisers. I routinely "share" smoke in my Cleveland and nobody's detected me yet. Now, I have noticed the difference in battleships. However, the whole idea of a half-dozen battleships sitting in smoke and firing away undetected at 7 km while a DD sat right outside the smoke spotting was more than a bit ridiculous.

• Cool 1

[KIA]
Members
3,551 posts
15,600 battles

Except Neptune, all RN CL are detected at 5.x km after firing in smoke, which is not huge really. If you're spotted at 5.X concealment it often mean that a DD is around, and I don't wanna be that DD..

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

British Cruisers still work, you shouldn't bee that Close to them to begin with. The closer you are to the enemy, the easier it becomes to blindfire you and given the fragility of RN Cruisers this can quickly result in a triple citadel + a red ribbon.

[HINON]
Members
2,640 posts
7,936 battles

i still find RNCL's very potent, you just got to be a little less aggressive and fire from 1 or 2km further back to avoid DD's.

[USCC2]
Members
6,170 posts

Give the new smoke changes a chance to play out in the game results (stats). The UK ships will also have their smoke generator work for double what it does now so will have more puffs to hide in and are less likely to shoot out of it if going fast.

Lets wait and see before saying all is lost. :Smile_honoring: