You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
457th_FighterGroup

UK DDs

36 comments in this topic

Members
234 posts
2,701 battles

Seeing that UK has enough DD classes to fill up 2 entire lines(and probably more), will these be added sometime in the near future? I'm not a DD player by all means but it would be fun to see them added to the game.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,713 posts
19,904 battles

Be patient. Nothing has been leaked or announced yet.

Members
483 posts
4,154 battles

If WG doesn't give them a super OP gimmick, I'm ok with them.  But Brits for some reason have extreme national flavor.

• Cool 2

[R-R-R]
Members
1,069 posts
10,869 battles
8 minutes ago, Capt_Binkley said:

They'll probably be very similar to the Gallant.  Expect well rounded DD's with single fire torps.

I hope so.

Just worried that they will make UK DDs with super heal + ridiculous fire chance again.

Members
650 posts
1,842 battles
14 minutes ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

Seeing that UK has enough DD classes to fill up 2 entire lines(and probably more), will these be added sometime in the near future? I'm not a DD player by all means but it would be fun to see them added to the game.

If you mean the large number of different DD classes they built during WW2, keep in mind that many of the different "War Emergency Programme" destroyer classes functionally have very little difference between them.

But between premiums and former UK ships in other trees we have about half of a UK DD line already...

[RLGN]
Members
14,939 posts
26,464 battles
48 minutes ago, Capt_Binkley said:

They'll probably be very similar to the Gallant.  Expect well rounded DD's with single fire torps.

Oddly enough; with all the trouble I've had with other destroyers; I seem to get along well with Campbeltown and Gallant.

[HELLS]
Members
2,731 posts
28,912 battles

Torpedoes were the RN recipe for DDs. I have Gallant. Torpedoes first-rate. Guns are underwhelming in 4.7-inch (120mm) single mounts. AA is non-existent. Speed is below average. Concealment is about as good as it gets on a non-IJN or RU DD. Agility is average. All this on a Premium DD. WG/WoWs can do better than this. The RN DDs will fit in, and start getting good at Tier 8, and really good at Tiers 9 (Group II Battles) and 10 (Daring). As for another Premium, maybe a Tribal, which would match Blyskawica with 4 tubes less but one gun barrel (no single turrets) more and the two quad pom-poms they were supposed to have, at T7, would be a good fit. They don't need more than that. But I like to dream, my pipe is full.....

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

[FLEET]
Members
136 posts
2,636 battles
1 hour ago, Slntreaper said:

If WG doesn't give them a super OP gimmick, I'm ok with them.  But Brits for some reason have extreme national flavor.

Just wait, they will have British cruiser AP or 4.8 km concealment at tier X or something.

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,410 posts
5,761 battles

DDs aren't allowed to be OP

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,410 posts
5,761 battles
5 minutes ago, Herodotus4 said:

Just wait, they will have British cruiser AP or 4.8 km concealment at tier X or something.

Who cares what the concealment is when a t8 cruiser radars you from 11km

[HELLS]
Members
2,731 posts
28,912 battles
1 minute ago, Herodotus4 said:

The three 4.5-inch powered dual turrets on a Daring will put the 4 on Akizuki to shame for output if they do it right! That turret stayed in service for almost 40 years, that is how good it was. With a rate of fire higher than Minotaur, or anything else for that matter, they won't need a gimmick for the shells.

[FLEET]
Members
136 posts
2,636 battles
14 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

Who cares what the concealment is when a t8 cruiser radars you from 11km

I know the perfect flavor: a 50% reduction in radar range against you

[TBW]
Members
10,585 posts
18,158 battles

Let me get all of them before adding a new line please. I am getting close and every time a new line comes out it eats up all of my credits for months.

[KIA-C]
Members
3,552 posts
15,629 battles

Laughs in Khabab

Spoiler

Khaba is not a DD but a fast CL

RN DD will get the single launcher torps trait....and only HE. It make sense look, RN CL only have AP, RN DD will only have HE :3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,753 posts
15,295 battles

I hope next year, the barriers to building destroyers don't seem that big (though Pan-Asia is taking forever to release for some reason...) WG have modeled them up pretty readily, building two just for the Dunkirk scenario earlier this year.

Given that two of the Pan-Asian destroyers are built British ships and one is a similar design, plus the presence of Gallant, Anthony and now Vampire I'd have to guess they were pretty 'low hanging fruit'.

2 hours ago, Middcore said:

If you mean the large number of different DD classes they built during WW2, keep in mind that many of the different "War Emergency Programme" destroyer classes functionally have very little difference between them.

Between the 'normals' the 5-gun interwar Destroyer Leaders, the 4in armed WAIR, O/P, L/M variants and Weapon Classes, and if you allow a couple of T9-T10 paperschiffe then a couple of lines or at least solid branches is well within reach.

1 hour ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

The three 4.5-inch powered dual turrets on a Daring will put the 4 on Akizuki to shame for output if they do it right! That turret stayed in service for almost 40 years, that is how good it was. With a rate of fire higher than Minotaur, or anything else for that matter, they won't need a gimmick for the shells.

So long as you take IFHE, sure, otherwise you're not penetrating higher tier destroyer hulls if I remember right. Only 19mm of pen, needing 20mm to beat 19mm hulls.

[USCC2]
Members
6,192 posts
3 hours ago, Slntreaper said:

Laughs in Khabab

:Smile_honoring: Khab OP? Against other DDs maybe, but isn't that the fault that other DDs at high tier perform poorly compared to it? Two pages of stats at Tier X:

• WR: First page of WR results Khab and Z52 (yay!) - whereas all the rest of the DDs are on the second page.
  • Damage: Yeah, look at the bottom of the list for all DDs (OP my *@$)!
  • XP: Khab halfway down the first page - the rest? You guessed it, bottom.
  • K/D: Yep, DDs bottom!
  • Avg Kills: All ships within 0.3 of each other; Khab has an avg with most other ships - the rest of the DDs are.....bottom!
  • Srv: Khab on he first page! (yay!) - the rest on the second page lol.
  • Torpedo Hit rate: 3% to a whopping 8% of torpedoes hit depending on the DD.

So, the Khab has a high WR and a High Survivability - think about it, look at the stats........It has a high WR because of where it operates, with the CAs. Are you going to fire at a DD on your doorstep? Of course! Are you going to fire at a DD back where there are slower moving targets and compared to those targets its damage is low?

So the Khab survives better than the other DDs - doesn't that indicate it is more likely to be the DD to survive the game.....on the winning side?

So the 2 areas the Khab does well are directly associated wit the fact that it is more likely to be the DD to survive, do a little more damage than the rest of the DDs and is more likely to survive (so be the winning side's DD).

Laughs that the Khab is the DD most people think is OP!

Cries that it is the only DD that many can think of, indicating the state of the others. :Smile_sad:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,436 posts
1,963 battles
4 hours ago, mofton said:

I hope next year, the barriers to building destroyers don't seem that big (though Pan-Asia is taking forever to release for some reason...) WG have modeled them up pretty readily, building two just for the Dunkirk scenario earlier this year.

Given that two of the Pan-Asian destroyers are built British ships and one is a similar design, plus the presence of Gallant, Anthony and now Vampire I'd have to guess they were pretty 'low hanging fruit'.

Between the 'normals' the 5-gun interwar Destroyer Leaders, the 4in armed WAIR, O/P, L/M variants and Weapon Classes, and if you allow a couple of T9-T10 paperschiffe then a couple of lines or at least solid branches is well within reach.

So long as you take IFHE, sure, otherwise you're not penetrating higher tier destroyer hulls if I remember right. Only 19mm of pen, needing 20mm to beat 19mm hulls.

Whats your opinion on 1942 Battle at tier VIII & 1943 Battle at tier IX? 

Beta Testers
10,958 posts

I suggest they should just release both the Anthony and the Cyclone from the Dunkirk event mission as buyable premiums.  Personally they should have been mission rewards.

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,410 posts
5,761 battles
5 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Hide contents

Khaba is not a DD but a fast CL

RN DD will get the single launcher torps trait....and only HE. It make sense look, RN CL only have AP, RN DD will only have HE :3

The khab isn't OP it's just better than the other DDs that are awful. Really tell me how surprised you are to see it ahead of the gearing, shimakaze , one had issues on arrival , the other has been nerfed into nothingness.

If it's just a fast CL then why don't we compare the mino avg DPG to the khab ? Pretty sure I know which one is higher up here.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
7 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Let me get all of them before adding a new line please. I am getting close and every time a new line comes out it eats up all of my credits for months.

I hear ya on this one.  I'm working up the RN BB and French cruiser lines right now, but doubt I'll have them finished before the Pan-Asian DD branch release.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,009 posts
4,625 battles
10 hours ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

This is the line that should of been introduced instead of the Pan Asian line. 

Now we will have Pan asia (which will have very low user adoption) 

Then I would expect 1 cruiser line and 2 BB lines (Gotta keep that BB population in check!) 

And another DD line (my guess would be french or RN) 

I would expect RN DD's spring / summer 2018, possibly fall 2018