Inigo_M0ntoya

[ALL] US Blast Bag Mod

41 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
391 posts
4,149 battles

This is possibly the smallest detail in the game yet it has always annoyed me. The color of blast bags or "bloomers" on guns on ships of the US Navy.  Blast bags, for anyone who doesn't know, are the little pieces of fabric, usually rubber or canvas, fixed around where the gun meets the turret, they keep dirt and water out of the turret.  The color of the US bags has always sorta annoyed me.  Some aren't dark enough or even the wrong color completely, and yes I am aware of how picky this sounds.  I wanted to try my hand at modding as I have never even come close to creating my own so this is an experiment.  I'm even inexperienced in photo editing all together so this is just an experiment.

I have created this mod that changes and darkens the color of blast bags of most US ships including carriers, battleships, destroyers, and cruisers.  It was mostly for myself as a test of my very limited skill but I'll put it here if anyone else wants to use it.

The ships it changes are as follows: North Carolina, Alabama, and Massachusetts, Iowa, Missouri, and Montana.

All high tier US cruisers starting with New Orleans

Benson, Sims, Lo Yang, Fletcher, Black, Kidd, Gearing.  Any destroyer using the 5 inch 38 caliber mounts pretty much.  This includes some the high tier Pan-Asian destroyers like Hsien Yang, Chung Mu, and Yue Yang.

Since it changes the texture of the 5 inch secondary dual purpose mounts as well, this applies to most US ships mentioned above as well as any carrier using the 5 inch dual purpose mounts, this also includes Atlanta.

Installation is the usual.  Unzip the mod and drop the "content" folder right into the current version res_mods folder.

Like I said this is my first mod and just an experiment so I apologize if this post is clumsy and/or hard to understand.  Give me your criticisms and questions please.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/sgo7wf68l51tsrg/BlastBagsMod.rar/file

Pictures:

Spoiler

shot-17_11.01_14_08.26-0544.thumb.jpg.b1b6bdf75e717c6159f531f4cc6fb2ca.jpgshot-17_12.05_20_02.46-0743.thumb.jpg.23da434ee23bcfe94811316fbab9020f.jpgshot-17_11.01_14_05.56-0171.thumb.jpg.047554335db5797b5c4a0d3762066c3e.jpgshot-17_11.01_14_07.10-0506.thumb.jpg.ea1967d8f1e18bf362c7cc75617d9388.jpgshot-17_11.01_14_05.08-0188.thumb.jpg.d831a8cdaa0b9fa8d164fd014e49c164.jpg

Edited by Inigo_M0ntoya
Fixed Cleveland 6 in. turrets and added turrets for US light cruisers
  • Cool 9

[WOLF4]
Members
264 posts
9,378 battles

Looks neat. I like the contrast if not only just for aesthetic purposes.

391 posts
4,149 battles
3 minutes ago, ZaCLoNer said:

Looks neat. I like the contrast if not only just for aesthetic purposes.

Thank you very much!

391 posts
4,149 battles
11 hours ago, 2575dave said:

Looks good, Thanks for sharing. 

Thank you!

391 posts
4,149 battles

Updated 12/4/17

• Added Pan-Asian destroyer gun skins.  Includes Hsien Yang, Chung Mu, and Yue Yang
  • Fixed Lo Yang, I noticed it didn't actually work
  • Wargaming changed around 16 inch 50 cal Iowa turrets and Des Moines 8 inch turrets textures so I fixed and updated them
  • Added textures for some "destroyed" gun mounts

This is kinda fun, I might keep doing this to the best of my ability.  Thanks all!

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
451 posts
10,418 battles

Amazing how a colour change on the bag makes the ship looks, good job!

391 posts
4,149 battles
19 hours ago, puxflacet said:

i cant download this mod. click or "save as" doesnt work. can you reupload it please?

Should be fixed and I switched it to mediafire download, cheers.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n1jc1zt4dmi1ypp/BlastBagsMod.rar

• Cool 1

[B-W-M]
Beta Testers
40 posts
7,226 battles

I don't know if you've noticed yet but this patch WG Changed the Texture for the Cleveland's Main Gun File AGM009_6in47_CL55_a.

[CMFRT]
Modder
981 posts
2,391 battles
9 hours ago, WarshipRagnarok said:

I don't know if you've noticed yet but this patch WG Changed the Texture for the Cleveland's Main Gun File AGM009_6in47_CL55_a.

They did, and Cleveland now has black blast bags by default (as does any ship which uses the same turrets).

[STW-A]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,225 posts
18,201 battles

I was wondering what happened to Cleve... it turns out the entire DDS file's layout was changed, too.

391 posts
4,149 battles

Iv'e been away for quite some time suffering the hardships of college.  Thanks for the heads up.

391 posts
4,149 battles
11 hours ago, Aslain said:

Try this wowsunpack.exe

Yeah that's the same one I downloaded.  Both my unpacker gui and the executable are up to date.  I made a post about this in the modding section but its still pending approval or something.  Basically both files are up to date and in my game directory but when I start the gui it doesn't seem to acknowledge the exe. Message reads "The system cannot find the file specified C:\Games\World_of_Warships\wowsunpack.exe" which doesn't make sense because it is literally right next to it in the game folder.  I tired moving the files to the desktop, other folders, and I even tried running the file as an admin.  Any pointers?

391 posts
4,149 battles

Still can't get my unpacker to work so I just deleted the Cleveland texture for now as it looks fine vanilla.  Hopefully I can figure out what I did wrong by next patch.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8l9cih33r03zx93/BlastBagsMod-+cleve.rar