You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
XXRed_DawnXX

Sell permanent camo and flags

Selling unwanted items  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have unwanted permanent camo and/or flags in your inventory that you want to sell?

• Yes (why hasn't WG allow me to do so?)
    • No.

22 comments in this topic

[ERN]
[ERN]
Members
660 posts
10,786 battles

Do you think that WarGaming should allow you to have the option to sell unwanted permanent camo/flags in your inventory?

I do... don't you? 

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
264 posts
9,397 battles

No, why would you want this option? If you got it for something (free btw) why would you complain as if you never did have it. It better to have the option to have and not want/need than not at least have chance/option in my opinion.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,453 posts
27,411 battles

For crying out loud, just use the freaking signal flags!!!

• Funny 1

[PROJX]
Members
1,115 posts
28,569 battles

I interpreted RedDawn's request as more of a wish rather than a whine -

This request does make sense in that:

• You want/need additional silver for ship purchases more than you need/use a perma cammo.
  • His comment on flags, I believe refer to what the game categorizes as "flags" as opposed to "signals" which many players think of as flags or signal flags.  The Military Month flag one is the only one that gives any benefit (5% benefits in 3 areas), while the rest are mainly decorative and (with the exception of IJN ships in conjunction w/ the Yamamoto flag) you can only fly one at a time anyway. Again, if you need silver, if a means were provided, this is a nice to have in the game.

• Cool 1

[SCCC]
Members
1,137 posts
9,587 battles

I will never get the Hood or Dunkerque. I have the premium camos, and I'm short on credits (or doubloons hon hon). If I could sell these camos for doubloons I would in a heartbeat.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

Yes, imho, permanent camoes should be able to be sold for credits if one wants to. I have perma camoes which I will never use.

As to 'flags' - if OP means 'commemorative flags', then No. These commemorative flags require a second flag slot but this is another topic altogether.

If OP means any signal flag, then Yes (as I think almost all of these are saleable).

Supertester
455 posts
12,670 battles

I think it's always good to have the option. I have some permanent camos I'd like to sell and some I'd never sell. For example, one of my Harekaze permanent camos (since it comes with 2) I never use and it's completely pointless for me, so why not let me sell it? Sure, make it like everything else that we can sell: lower credits/doubloons for selling than the camo would actually cost if I wanted to buy it again (that is, if I could buy it again, because if I sold my Bismarck camo from the Hunt For The Bismarck event, I'd probably never have another chance of getting it back).

Obviously, the option is not an obligation, so an example of something I don't currently use, but don't want to sell either is the Hood and Dunkerque camos from their respective events. I don't own those ships, but I plan on getting them eventually, and then I'll definitely want to have the camos for both. It's just meant to be something I can do if I have a permanent camo for a ship I don't own anymore (like my Ranger permanent camo, and yes, I was dumb enough to buy it two years ago), or a permanent camo that isn't as good as another permanent camo for a ship (like the original camo for the Tirpitz, which is not as good as the one I earned during the Christmas campaign in December/January).

I don't see anything wrong in giving more options to the player. In fact, I think it gives players more incentive for buying permanent camos. If I knew I could sell a permanent camo for half the price that I paid for it, I might have thought about buying one for my Izumo and then selling it once I reached the Yamato to then get more doubloons to buy the camo for the Yamato. But as it currently is, I have no reason to buy a permanent camo for a ship I won't play again once I progress in the line.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Members
660 posts
10,786 battles
1 hour ago, hangglide42 said:

I interpreted RedDawn's request as more of a wish rather than a whine -

This request does make sense in that:

• You want/need additional silver for ship purchases more than you need/use a perma cammo.
  • His comment on flags, I believe refer to what the game categorizes as "flags" as opposed to "signals" which many players think of as flags or signal flags.  The Military Month flag one is the only one that gives any benefit (5% benefits in 3 areas), while the rest are mainly decorative and (with the exception of IJN ships in conjunction w/ the Yamamoto flag) you can only fly one at a time anyway. Again, if you need silver, if a means were provided, this is a nice to have in the game.

Thank you for understanding. It's annoying to receive free items that you have no use for and you can't sell, and WG has the nerve to feature them in the inventory sale menu with a notice that you can't sell them... Why feature them there if you can't sell them? I rather have credits/dubloons than have useless items in my inventory.

[LOU1]
Members
4,207 posts
12,337 battles
1 hour ago, XXRed_DawnXX said:

Thank you for understanding. It's annoying to receive free items that you have no use for and you can't sell, and WG has the nerve to feature them in the inventory sale menu with a notice that you can't sell them... Why feature them there if you can't sell them? I rather have credits/dubloons than have useless items in my inventory.

Probably because WG is a business.  Owning the camo for a ship can entice you to possibly buy or grind to the ship now, or at some time in the future.  Either action produces income for WG.  While WOWS is pretty generous, there has to be some justification for developing something like a special camo - it does burn up people-hours to produce.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,251 posts
23,616 battles

Every thing in the game should be sellable for credits and every commander should be dismissible. It is stupidly pointless not to allow this. Even if you end up selling vanity flags for 1 credit, there should be a way to get them out of your inventory screen.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles
12 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Every thing in the game should be sellable for credits and every commander should be dismissible. It is stupidly pointless not to allow this. Even if you end up selling vanity flags for 1 credit, there should be a way to get them out of your inventory screen.

Remember, Taylor3006, this is WG, which is not known for using 'logic' here. I agree 100% with you.

Any permanent camo that is 'purchased' in some manner( via paying WG real money) should be saleable for lower 'in game silver credits'. In this way, there is a cost to the player for selling something. As examples, I paid for a Pumpkin Crate & got some perma camoes that I will never use. I should be able to sell these for credits - I paid for them. Also, I bought a Warspite (by accident - I thought I would get an Admiral ranked Cpt on it). Since I did not get this Admiral I sold my Warspite. Now I have the perma camo for it in my inventory. Again, I should be able to sell that camo - I paid for it, after all. It's not like any of these present non-saleable items would even give one that many credits. This won't break anything.

All these other items one pays for & you can sell those but not perma camo? Garbage.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Members
660 posts
10,786 battles
On 11/2/2017 at 11:34 AM, aethervox said:

Remember, Taylor3006, this is WG, which is not known for using 'logic' here. I agree 100% with you.

Any permanent camo that is 'purchased' in some manner( via paying WG real money) should be saleable for lower 'in game silver credits'. In this way, there is a cost to the player for selling something. As examples, I paid for a Pumpkin Crate & got some perma camoes that I will never use. I should be able to sell these for credits - I paid for them. Also, I bought a Warspite (by accident - I thought I would get an Admiral ranked Cpt on it). Since I did not get this Admiral I sold my Warspite. Now I have the perma camo for it in my inventory. Again, I should be able to sell that camo - I paid for it, after all. It's not like any of these present non-saleable items would even give one that many credits. This won't break anything.

All these other items one pays for & you can sell those but not perma camo? Garbage.

I agree, it's pointless to have permanent camo for certain ships that you already sold/have no intention of getting in your inventory as well as having decorative flags that you have no intention of putting on your ships. If you have the ability to sell surplus signal flags/consumables, and unused ship modifications in the inventory, why can't you sell camo that is useless without the designated ship, or unnecessary flags?

Members
90 posts
31,278 battles

I would like to be able to get rid of ARP ships which I do not use,16 plus Captains I don't need or want,but stuck with.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,251 posts
23,616 battles
Just now, Impala7 said:

I would like to be able to get rid of ARP ships which I do not use,16 plus Captains I don't need or want,but stuck with.

I dislike the ARP content but am happy it is in the game for those who do like it. I am bugged by having identical extra ARP captains that can not be hidden or dismissed. Whomever decided this was a good thing made a terrible decision. 

[FDI]
Members
34 posts
14,315 battles
On 11/1/2017 at 4:34 PM, XXRed_DawnXX said:

Do you think that WarGaming should allow you to have the option to sell unwanted permanent camo/flags in your inventory?

I do... don't you? 

Players should be able to "sell" ANY resource they have earned, bought, or otherwise acquired - PERIOD.

Players shouldn't need a "reason" to do so.

• Cool 2

[ERN]
[ERN]
Members
660 posts
10,786 battles
On 11/14/2019 at 6:35 AM, F5Loar said:

Players should be able to "sell" ANY resource they have earned, bought, or otherwise acquired - PERIOD.

Players shouldn't need a "reason" to do so.

Exactly.

It's been 2 years WG, 2 YEARS and we still can't sell unwanted permanent camo and commemorative flags!

Wait... wow... I'm surprised that someone would reanimate a post that I've made that's been dead for 2 years... That's a first...

Members
510 posts
15,037 battles
22 minutes ago, XXRed_DawnXX said:

Wait... wow... I'm surprised that someone would reanimate a post that I've made that's been dead for 2 years... That's a first...

If it's been dead for 2 years, can we officially classify this as a "Zombie Thread?"    :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,425 posts
14,103 battles
On 11/1/2017 at 6:58 PM, XXRed_DawnXX said:

Why feature them there if you can't sell them?

Why complain about what is displayed in the inventory when you don't have a good grasp of what the term "inventory" means?

[LWA]
Beta Testers
84 posts
16,449 battles

I have permeant camo I have purchased for 5,000 in doubloons. Now they have come out with nicer permeant camos for 6000 and 8000 doubloons. I wish I had the option to trade my camo in and upgrade to the better camo such as trade in one for 5000 and add another 1000 to it to get the nicer camo. I will not spend another 6000 after having spent 5000 earlier but I would upgrade to space camo if I could trade in the old plain camo to get it.

• Cool 1

[T_O_P]
Members
430 posts
On 11/1/2017 at 5:10 PM, ZaCLoNe said:

No, why would you want this option? If you got it for something (free btw) why would you complain as if you never did have it. It better to have the option to have and not want/need than not at least have chance/option in my opinion.

well... if someone is in a situation where, for example, they have 2 permacamos for a ship (like I have for Roma: RM permacamo and the designer "beercan" one that i prefer) than...... mmmmaybe??... like if you could sell it now but still have the option to repurchase it later... possibly a good option.

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,459 posts
13,599 battles
On 11/1/2017 at 4:34 PM, XXRed_DawnXX said:

I do... don't you? 

No.

I have camos I’m unhappy about, like my Yue Yang permanent camo, but if I sold it it’s highly unlikely I would get the doubloon value of the camo, so it makes no sense for me to sell from my perspective.  I will say WG handling of YY lead me to not purchase any further permanent camo for cash.