SuperNikoPower

Save USS Texas with Project VALOR

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

74 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Prinzy said:

I don't care. Sorry to say. We're closing December and charity is asked anywhere. I am not a bank. Wargaming prices make no sense for Canadian players and there is a good portions of us on this game, NA server. It should be at least %30-40 cheaper since our dollar is %40 lower then USA. And let's spare AUD talk.

If I am to spend something, I'll spend for myself. Not a museum I might never end up visiting, I understand preservation and all is cool and good for the history, to be able to witness it. But giving money non stop to those who got bad luck does nothing for me. Who gave me anything when I got flooded last spring? Nobody. So donation should probably start to be fair price, for everyone.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for ottawa flooding 2017

Wow you sound so ignorant. 

Proud member of the Battleship Texas Foundation, and bought the camo to alternate with Stars and Bars on my Texas.

3 hours ago, Tigershark87 said:

Wow you sound so ignorant. 

Ehh give them a break.  Some people are unable to give, some people would rather give to a different thing, and some people don't want to give to anything.  It's human nature to have different wants and desires.  Those that care for things will do their best to preserve them, those that do not care will just go on with their lives.

They did bring up a decent point about the pricing structure though, and maybe Wargamming should investigate that.

I am curious how a $5 USD flag becomes $20 CAD.  The conversion rate I saw said $5 USD was $6.41 CAD.  Does WOWS show a different Premium Shop to other countries using the NA server?

100% of proceeds being net or gross? So if I buy the bundle, does Project VALOR get $39.99 or some fraction of that after "expenses"?

After watching the videos and reading up about the situation. Why don't they just use one of thoughs ships that build islands and fill in the lagoon where she is docked or fill it in with concrete.. just a thought. I'm going to see if I can pick this ships up to support her.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 0:15 PM, Sirus_Patton said:

Very happy to see that you guys are helping to raise the money to fix up such a historic ship.  My only regret is that I can't pick her up to support this.

Well, if it's because you can't afford her, I run a tiny little youtube channel and I'm giving away a Lone Star bundle if I get 25 Subscribers by Nov 25th.

And if I get 50 subscribers by then, I'll bump it up to a "Save The Texas" Bundle.

If someone subscribes and already has the Texas, and wins the drawing, I'll pass on the doubloon equivalent of the "Lone Star" package to the winner.

Yes, I suffer from horrid frame rates and stumbling through learning editing etc, but theres a chance to get her if you don't have the cash, or have the ship already,

and want to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOdWAXd7JXo&t=104s

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, SuperNikoPower said:

14” Guns. Two World Wars. The last of the Dreadnoughts is in danger!

USS Texas is flooding after damage from recent hurricanes -- keep her afloat through Wargaming’s Project VALOR (Veterans And Loved Ones Responsibility) Campaign!  

USS Texas was one of the most powerful battleships in the world when she launched in 1914, and was credited with testing advances in gunnery, naval aviation, and radar. She was still fighting hard in 1944, supporting the Normandy Landings with her 14” guns. Nine days later, Allied forces pushed far enough inland to be at the edge of Texas’ gun range, but still needed her guns for tough targets, so again the call for fire support came in. Captain Charlie Baker ordered the battleship’s starboard torpedo blisters flooded, to raise the guns a crucial two degrees. 

Texas answered to the tune of 24 massive shells, and by the end of the war, earned five battle stars. Today, she’s preserved by the Battleship Texas Foundation as a museum and national historic landmark -- a fitting fate for the final battleship from the dreadnought era, and the only remaining capital ship to serve and protect her country and its soldiers in both World Wars.  

Today, Texas is flooding again, this time under attack by the elements. The ship suffers constant leaks averaging over 300 tons of water per day, leading to significant erosion and deterioration that will eventually be irreparable. A team of historians, engineers and preservationists are attempting to move her to land before it’s too late.

It’s up to us to protect her.

I would be proud to say that I was a part of the effort to save her, no matter how small that part may be.  The lesson of the ants; strength in numbers.

Peace

Over 100K raised so far and Counting!  Keep it up Wargaming!  Great Job Everyone!

1 hour ago, Meade1151 said:

Over 100K raised so far and Counting!  Keep it up Wargaming!  Great Job Everyone!

This is very good news!  I raise my cup to toast all of you that have contributed to a worthy cause!:Smile_honoring:

4 hours ago, Pacific_Cruiser1942 said:

This is very good news!  I raise my cup to toast all of you that have contributed to a worthy cause!:Smile_honoring:

Just a thank you again, sir. 

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:41 PM, Drakenred said:

If you have Texas already(why would you not have it already is another topic) you get 5010 Doubloons and a slot

the Camo is different from the earlier Stars and Stripes Camo. (Same bonus however)

The Captain you get is apparently 0/0

The mission is Play 20 get 20 DCII and Repair II.

Get Eeeet!

Got eeeet.  And since I already had eeet, I did get the dubs.  And it kept my current captain from the Texas.  About halfway through the missions.  But you also get a port slot.  I guess you get an extra captain in reserve, but I haven't checked.

One thing I wish WG would do is provide a way to migrate the "Stars & Stripes" camo over to the NY.  Maybe donate some or all of the proceeds for that to saving the Texas as well.  Would be a good camo for events like 4th of July in the US. 

100 grand should warrent someone from Wargaming going to the Texas to present the fundraiser proceeds in person.  I'd find a way to be there.

On 11/3/2017 at 3:16 PM, Black_Jack_Honour said:

Well, if it's because you can't afford her, I run a tiny little youtube channel and I'm giving away a Lone Star bundle if I get 25 Subscribers by Nov 25th.

And if I get 50 subscribers by then, I'll bump it up to a "Save The Texas" Bundle.

If someone subscribes and already has the Texas, and wins the drawing, I'll pass on the doubloon equivalent of the "Lone Star" package to the winner.

Yes, I suffer from horrid frame rates and stumbling through learning editing etc, but theres a chance to get her if you don't have the cash, or have the ship already,

and want to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOdWAXd7JXo&t=104s

Nice  :cap_look:

My wife and I are going over to visit the old girl next weekend. Forth time.  To keep the ship in as good condition as it is, considering it's size is a phenomenal achievement.

9 hours ago, Black_Jack_Honour said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvAWxdI11Jk

We hit 50, so two bundles going out. Still time to get in, as the bundles will be handed out Nov 26th 2017...

I entered already unless you can enter more than once?      Hmm   no  according to what you said a person enters by subscribing to your youtube video  and I did that  :-)

On 11/11/2017 at 9:22 AM, ZARDOZ_II said:

Got eeeet.  And since I already had eeet, I did get the dubs.  And it kept my current captain from the Texas.  About halfway through the missions.  But you also get a port slot.  I guess you get an extra captain in reserve, but I haven't checked.

One thing I wish WG would do is provide a way to migrate the "Stars & Stripes" camo over to the NY.  Maybe donate some or all of the proceeds for that to saving the Texas as well.  Would be a good camo for events like 4th of July in the US. 

I believe they do have a purchase option for the camo  and seems to me I saw one of the premium bundles mentioning an extra camo in addition to the ship and the camo that came with it?

If you are ever in Houston, be sure and make time to go see the ole gal.  She is well worth seeing!  i recall when they took her down the  ship channel to Todd shipyard at Galveston.  Words cannot describe how grand a sight she made going through Galveston Bay.

The Lady Lex is at Corpus Christi and she is a wonder. 

On Pelican Island, which is part of Galveston, is a park called Seawolf park.  the Cavelle is there and there is a DDE also. Last i saw them they were in sad shape but that was 25 years ago so things may have changed.  

On 11/18/2017 at 10:01 PM, Caesar753 said:

If you buy the VALOR Texas, do you get the regular Type 9 camouflage in addition to the Lone Star cammo?

Yes.