SuperNikoPower

Save USS Texas with Project VALOR

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

74 posts in this topic

14” Guns. Two World Wars. The last of the Dreadnoughts is in danger!

USS Texas is flooding after damage from recent hurricanes -- keep her afloat through Wargaming’s Project VALOR (Veterans And Loved Ones Responsibility) Campaign!  

USS Texas was one of the most powerful battleships in the world when she launched in 1914, and was credited with testing advances in gunnery, naval aviation, and radar. She was still fighting hard in 1944, supporting the Normandy Landings with her 14” guns. Nine days later, Allied forces pushed far enough inland to be at the edge of Texas’ gun range, but still needed her guns for tough targets, so again the call for fire support came in. Captain Charlie Baker ordered the battleship’s starboard torpedo blisters flooded, to raise the guns a crucial two degrees. 

Texas answered to the tune of 24 massive shells, and by the end of the war, earned five battle stars. Today, she’s preserved by the Battleship Texas Foundation as a museum and national historic landmark -- a fitting fate for the final battleship from the dreadnought era, and the only remaining capital ship to serve and protect her country and its soldiers in both World Wars.  

Today, Texas is flooding again, this time under attack by the elements. The ship suffers constant leaks averaging over 300 tons of water per day, leading to significant erosion and deterioration that will eventually be irreparable. A team of historians, engineers and preservationists are attempting to move her to land before it’s too late.

It’s up to us to protect her.

How to Help

Purchase any Lone Star Texas Bundle, or the VALOR Flag.

399947f4-bb51-11e7-80ad-d89d6715223c_120

USS Texas, a Premium tier V battleship with bold “Lone Star” camo

Or go for an individual VALOR flag. Whichever item you choose, we’ll donate 100% of proceeds from their sales to the Battleship Texas Foundation

Starts November 1, 04:20 PT (07:20 ET) 
Ends December 1, 03:20 PT (06:20 ET) 

Bundles

The Lone Star
$29.99

2a95325e-be67-11e7-9ffb-d89d6715223c_330

Buy Now

• USS Texas + Port Slot
• Lone Star Camo, (USS Texas only)

Save Texas
$39.99

2ac93950-be67-11e7-a8f2-d89d6715223c_330

Buy Now

• USS Texas + Port Slot
•  Project VALOR "Giving Thanks" Flag 
2a966e08-be67-11e7-9bdb-d89d6715223c_100
• Special Mission Access: Lone Star Mission

Project VALOR "Giving Thanks" Flag
$4.99

2a966e08-be67-11e7-9bdb-d89d6715223c_330

Buy Now

•  Project VALOR "Giving Thanks" Flag 

Lone Star Texas Camo
$14.99

2a918ece-be67-11e7-8072-d89d6715223c_330

Buy Now

Already have the ship? Get the camo by itself and deck her out!

This Flag is cosmetic and provides no in-game bonuses. Collect all four "VALOR" flags throughout the year to gain access to an exclusive fifth and final flag.

Please be advised that even if you purchase more than one bundle, you'll only be able to get one set of "Lone Star" camo, one Commemorative flag and complete the Lone Star Mission once, as we can't award duplicates of the same items to your account.

Lone Star Mission (Once Per Account)

Ends December 31, 03:20 PT (06:20 ET)

After purchasing the "Save Texas" Bundle, play 20 random battles in USS Texas.
Battle Type: Random
Ship Tier and Class Restrictions: Tier V 233ed67a-c167-11e6-88a2-d89d6715223c.png USS Texas
Reward (Once Per Account)
• 20x Damage Control Party II
• 20x Repair Party II

You may also make a direct donation via the Battleship Texas fundraising page!

Thank you for your contributions!

That is a beautiful and tasteful camo.

Good luck on the campaign!

This is awesome, thank you for the post Niko and thank you WG for supporting VALOR in this fundraising!!!

Love that you guys are raising money for USS Texas. I bought the Camo & Flag for my Texas. Maybe you guys could look into helping the USS Olympia in Philadelphia. I believe they have been having financial problems maintaining her for many years now. She is a Protected Cruiser from the Spanish American War. Was Dewey's Flagship at Manila Bay. Think she would be a great Tier II premium cruiser.

The Texas is as much a veteran as any man or woman who has served under the flag of the United States. Happy to donate.

I will look at it tonight when I'm giving doubloons to my clan contest winners.

Camo purchased, lets put our money where our mouths are and save the Texas!  AND having a clan competition is a great idea with a Texas as a prize.

If you have Texas already(why would you not have it already is another topic) you get 5010 Doubloons and a slot

the Camo is different from the earlier Stars and Stripes Camo. (Same bonus however)

The Captain you get is apparently 0/0

The mission is Play 20 get 20 DCII and Repair II.

Get Eeeet!

You know the Dry Dock Port would be very cool if we could put a CV, BB, CA, DD of our choice on permanent display in it.

8 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

You know the Dry Dock Port would be very cool if we could put a CV, BB, CA, DD of our choice on permanent display in it.

Do you mean a ship from any time period?

Edited by TYRANT_454

8 minutes ago, TYRANT_454 said:

Do you mean a ship from any time period?

From your port of unlocked or premium ships.  So I could put my Fujin, Marblehead, MO, and Saipan on display, change it if we want later to mix it up. Cosmic of course. But that should be done in another topic.  Sorry for derailing this important thread.

Very happy to see that you guys are helping to raise the money to fix up such a historic ship.  My only regret is that I can't pick her up to support this.

dang it, wargaming! why do you always decide to do fund raisers when I'm completely broke! I really want to help out with this but I don't got no money.... at least not right now paycheck comes in two weeks hopefully I'll be able to put some cash aside in order to get one of those texas bundles.

I have played three randoms with the camo and the flag, and there is no indication of a mission. So I guess it is limited to those who did not already have the Texas and bought the bundle. 

59 minutes ago, Drakenred said:

If you have Texas already(why would you not have it already is another topic) you get 5010 Doubloons and a slot

Can someone confirm this?

edit: saw they just updated the posting on the webpage. You’ll get 5150 doubloons if you already purchased/own her.

Edited by SavageTactical

10 minutes ago, kingofthepanzers98 said:

dang it, wargaming! why do you always decide to do fund raisers when I'm completely broke! I really want to help out with this but I don't got no money.... at least not right now paycheck comes in two weeks hopefully I'll be able to put some cash aside in order to get one of those texas bundles.

Don't worry, you will have plenty of time. :) This ends the last day of November!

29 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Can someone confirm this?

edit: saw they just updated the posting on the webpage. You’ll get 5150 doubloons if you already purchased/own her.

yah they had to update that because Otherwise the official policy is ...

um

I cant find the revised policy ?

(Edit)

Apparently they revised it again?

100% of proceeds go to USS Texas. That's really something.

You get a virtual ship and every penny you spent goes to helping that ship IRL. Good on you, Wargaming!

Already have the Texas and two camos for it (the Stars and Stripes is one of them).  I really don't need another one.

However, I am a strong supporter of VALOR now.  I'll send a donation directly.

Way to go, Niko & WG!  This is a good cause!

2 minutes ago, Pacific_Cruiser1942 said:

Already have the Texas and two camos for it (the Stars and Stripes is one of them).  I really don't need another one.

However, I am a strong supporter of VALOR now.  I'll send a donation directly.

Way to go, Niko & WG!  This is a good cause!

Since you already own a Texas, if you buy another you from the VALOR page, you will receive her value in doubloons (5,150). The money you spent will still go to VALOR too.