You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

What ship do you EXPECT to win in?

79 comments in this topic

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

I am only a 48%er player but I got 1 ship in which I expect to win in when I sail her.  That is the U.S. St Louis. She is a monster and it definitely helps that she is only a tier 3 cause I have had her a long time and in tier 3 she can rule!  The one ship I really know how to play.  Just blast away...heh. All my other ships I have a big question mark as to how things will turn out when I play them but I have confidence when I play St Louis.  Do I always win with her?  No, of course not. But I win more than I lose when I play her....even with marginal teams. She is my "go to" ship. Maybe if I played her all the time I would be a star!  Heh....doubt that. What ship do you have that you are most confident of victory when you play her? 

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,180 posts
10,504 battles

Usually my IJN DDs. They just seem to give me better luck when it comes to getting non window licker teams

[TF16]
Members
840 posts
9,439 battles

All of them.   It's just how I approach each game.

But to pick a specific ship, I would have to say: Enterprise or Tirpitz.

Members
614 posts
4,388 battles

Nurnberg is my best overall...if it is something with a lot of planes like some of the Operations, then the Cleveland.  I haven't really tried to pass tier 7 yet, so lots to look forward to at tiers 8, 9, and 10.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
2 minutes ago, HayabusaZ said:

Nurnberg is my best overall...if it is something with a lot of planes like some of the Operations, then the Cleveland.  I haven't really tried to pass tier 7 yet, so lots to look forward to at tiers 8, 9, and 10.

I have Cleveland but am not so good in her. Win some lose some.  I tend to get into trouble with her and get focus fired.  Why?  Cause I am not a great player and play stoooopid sometimes. St Louis is kinda stoooooopid-proof. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
3,679 posts
8,111 battles

Belfast.

Really, when I play this ship, I can expect to win easily as long as I don't actively seek a one-way ticket to port.

Together with Konig Albert. Again, to lose require me to actively seek destruction.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Bogatyr.

Am sure you got the long range gun upgrade on her.  I have yet to get that.  Can't wait cause I am pretty good with her. Damn good ship. I want that range upgrade so I can hit ships in her tier that can't hit me back. I am close to getting that upgrade. Takes me time cause I don't spend $ on these games. As you know I am a cheap old fart.

[--K--]
Members
5,386 posts
17,878 battles

I expect to win in every ship I take into battle, any thing less is shame and dishonor to the Sinksalot Fleet. 

I also expect to earn a High Caliber, Confederate, and Kraken at least once a day. 

Finally when I get defeated, which happens sailing with random potatoes I better be at the top of the Exp standing.

Because if I'm gonna lose I better be the first loser. 

:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[TXGUN]
Beta Testers
3,219 posts
26,847 battles

It all depends with the team and hopefully a little teamwork in order to get a win .......

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,687 posts
19,824 battles
4 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Am sure you got the long range gun upgrade on her.

19 pt captain with AFT, BFT and DE.

It's kinda cheating actually.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
2 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

Belfast.

Really, when I play this ship, I can expect to win easily as long as I don't actively seek a one-way ticket to port.

Together with Konig Albert. Again, to lose require me to actively seek destruction.

Speaking of actively seeking destruction I just freak when I catch a team that is great at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  Ya know what I mean.  Those teams that get up 4-5 ships but still manage to blow the win.  I plead guilty. Used to do that a lot but less nowadays since I got some experience.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

19 pt captain with AFT, BFT and DE.

It's kinda cheating actually.

When I first got her I was winning at a 60% rate for like 30 matches or so.  That has dropped off.  Think I am around 50% in her now....last time I looked. I want that upgrade. I don't cheat but I would love to cheat honestly. I want that range upgrade. Indeed I do.  Most players don't stick with Bogatyr long enough to get that range upgrade.  I am going to. You bet!

Members
614 posts
4,388 battles
3 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Speaking of actively seeking destruction I just freak when I catch a team that is great at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  Ya know what I mean.  Those teams that get up 4-5 ships but still manage to blow the win.  I plead guilty. Used to do that a lot but less nowadays since I got some experience.

Saw this happen a few days ago, we had a cruiser and 2 DDs, held 3 of the 4 cap points, against the red team's 2 cruisers and 3 BBs.  They wouldn't come into any of the caps, because?  Oh torpedoes, they were afraid of torpedoes.  Without air support to tell them where we were hiding, they couldn't be sure which cap was safe (fact: none were we were each in a different cap and all had torpedeos), all they had to do was cover each other and kill whatever half health ship they found, and they would have won quickly.  Oh, no radar on their team, so we did have that going for us.

Members
614 posts
4,388 battles
18 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I have Cleveland but am not so good in her. Win some lose some.  I tend to get into trouble with her and get focus fired.  Why?  Cause I am not a great player and play stoooopid sometimes. St Louis is kinda stoooooopid-proof. :Smile_teethhappy:

Yeah, the Cleveland is a tough little ship, but still has limits like any other cruiser, but after playing the German twins, you get the hang for playing fragile ships.

[5IN]
Members
2,106 posts
10,138 battles

I go into every match with the mindset similar to @RedSeaBear... I'm nowhere near as good as he is, but I try to remain positive and strive for a win.    

That said, to directly answer your question OP, if I were to pick one ship, then for me it would be the Nikolai.  

good luck out there!

b

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
1 minute ago, bassmasta76 said:

I go into every match with the mindset similar to @RedSeaBear... I'm nowhere near as good as he is, but I try to remain positive and strive for a win.    

That said, to directly answer your question OP, if I were to pick one ship, then for me it would be the Nikolai.  

good luck out there!

b

Tks.  Carry on. :Smile_honoring: