You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
VVoony

Has anyone bought Lone Star camo yet?

36 comments in this topic

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,890 battles

Texas gets a new skirt?  Gonna have to check it out.  Hard to beat my old floating budwesier can camo...

[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,412 posts
15,513 battles

it's kinda nice. Somehow it's more tasteful than 'Murica!, tho I'm not sure exactly why...

Screenshot (18).png

Edited by LancerUlysses
  • Cool 1

[TDD]
Members
1,181 posts
9,378 battles
21 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

it's kinda nice. Somehow it's more tasteful than 'Murica!, tho I'm not sure exactly why...

Screenshot (18).png

cause it's Texas :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

No, & I won't be buying it as I'm not a citizen of Texas or the US. Now, if they offered a Cdn camo scheme, I would have a different answer, lol.

[WYRN]
Beta Testers
185 posts
16,465 battles

I was going to but $14.95 is rediculous, it is just looks, it already has premium camo so no diff there.

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,890 battles
Just now, Bikk said:

I was going to but $14.95 is rediculous, it is just looks, it already has premium camo so no diff there.

ditto this.  I already have the Budweiser can camo.   15 bucks for a different version..  not me. 

[NDA]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,371 posts
12,783 battles

Bought it. Been waiting since the release of the ship for them to offer this camo. Glad they finally did it and money going to a great cause.

• Cool 3

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles

I bought the bundle since 100% of the proceeds benefit the USS Texas.  Otherwise, I wouldnt have bought it, and do not plan to use the camo anyways.  I prefer the historical.

• Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
5,362 posts
8,824 battles

Picked it up to support the real ship, and I'm really happy with WG for doing something like this. 

• Cool 7

Volunteer Moderator, Volunteer Moderator
428 posts
5,436 battles
2 hours ago, Bikk said:

2 hours ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

ditto this.  I already have the Budweiser can camo.   15 bucks for a different version..  not me. 

The whole point of this sale is not to just have a $15 camo  that looks nice(since it provides same bonus as the other). The point is to raise money for the Uss Texas since 100% of the money with these bundles goes to preserving the Texas. Its to show your support for the preservation of the ship.

• Cool 6

[PVE]
Members
1,085 posts
9,347 battles
8 hours ago, aethervox said:

No, & I won't be buying it as I'm not a citizen of Texas or the US. Now, if they offered a Cdn camo scheme, I would have a different answer, lol.

How dare you sir, how dare you speak of putting the maple leaf on a proud US warship. :Smile_teethhappy: Honestly the smart [edited]in me actually wants to see this because Texas is an obnoxious state. I might even buy it.

That said, I did buy the camo today to support saving the Texas. I also like it much better than the stars and stripes camo but I don't know why.

Edited by MasterDiggs
  • Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,669 posts
14 hours ago, aethervox said:

I am currently residing in an area once controlled by the Republic of Texas, though not per se in the state of Texas anymore. Why I wouldn't buy the camouflage though it is that I just don't like the red, white and blue color scheme, considering it too garish. Of course, most national flags are a bit garish, and reasonably so because they once were used as identifiers on the battlefield.

What I want is elvin grey camo. Try to hit me when I have that mounted. 

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Members
4,578 posts
12,604 battles

I may if its around for a while. Cant afford it at the moment but would be more then happy to buy it as the money goes to the Texas itself.

[YARRR]
Members
735 posts
5,955 battles

I already owned Texas, but purchased the full bundle to support the preservation of the only remaining dreadnought battleship in the world.

Since I already owned the ship, I was given her in game value in doubloons (5150), plus all the other things in the bundle.

Not that the stuff is important.

What is important is saving an historic treasure.

Texas is the last of her kind, there won't ever be anymore of them.  She deserves to carry on for another 100 years.

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,178 posts
4,376 battles

I would, but I am broke. I really would love to help preserve the only remaining Dreadnought in the world though. She's filled with History.

~Hunter

[TAFY3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
460 posts
11,206 battles

I bought it straight away.  It looks much better than the Stars & Stripes camo, and it is for a worthy cause.

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,819 battles
11 hours ago, mfumukoskoldpadda said:

The whole point of this sale is not to just have a $15 camo  that looks nice(since it provides same bonus as the other). The point is to raise money for the Uss Texas since 100% of the money with these bundles goes to preserving the Texas. Its to show your support for the preservation of the ship.

Pretty much my take. I was going to donate to the museum anyway but then saw this. I saw the ship a few years ago and I would like to see it preserved...

Also, TX is my adopted home. And since my nation's navy (lol) will never be in WoWS I'll settle for this. :) I just wish it said "Don't Mess With Texas" on the side. Haha.

• Cool 2

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles
28 minutes ago, TheHolySpork said:

Pretty much my take. I was going to donate to the museum anyway but then saw this. I saw the ship a few years ago and I would like to see it preserved...

Also, TX is my adopted home. And since my nation's navy (lol) will never be in WoWS I'll settle for this. :) I just wish it said "Don't Mess With Texas" on the side. Haha.

Or the "Come and Take It" flag, which, who knows, may actually encourage TX drivers to get somewhere near caps.

You can also just pretend it is the first Chilean ship in WoWS.