You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

A look into the thoughts of ...

38 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,687 posts
19,831 battles

... people who go up the channel in two brothers at the start of the match:

ftYD03S.jpg

• Cool 6

[META_]
Members
2,255 posts
7,485 battles

hi lert.

1) have you ever spawned north on that map? I wonder if it would work if you were heading south in that channel?

2) it worked once. capped before they had a chance to return to sink me. the win rate is not high.

3) why are you bringing this up? did you try it again lately?

oh, no!

[WISCO]
Members
621 posts

a lot of players seem to like dying in the first 30 seconds of the match.  whatever floats their boat.  or sinks it I guess... they are all idiots regardless of the map.

Edited by OstwindFlakpanzer

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,619 posts
10,480 battles

You can get away with it sometimes if there are no carriers in the game.  But if the enemy has any awareness at all, any ships going through that channel is just free damage on your team for the enemy.

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
5,387 posts
17,880 battles

The problem Two Brothers is I bet we've either seen or heard of a team who "ALL" committed to that channel of lost ships and won the match by surprising the enemy. I for one well remember the day I was grinding my Cleveland when the Entire enemy team including their CV rushed the center channel. Not only did they surprise the barnacles off us, they split my team and still managed to win. And its foolish actions like that which will keep the 'Two Brothers Channel Rush' alive.  

Edited by RedSeaBear

[HELLS]
Members
2,727 posts
28,836 battles

Did it once. Only time I ever tried it. Ended the match by capping. In Texas, of all ships, and low tier to boot! How to hold position and draw the opponent out of their comfort zone, freeing the middle channel for old slow trot! They split and left no one home. I stayed at home close enough to assist on either side of the map, mid base, and once they had been ground down and focused on the closer threats and I knew where everyone was, straight up the middle! Needs 1st rate teamwork to do it in any ship, and we had it. Once in a hundred matches, maybe!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,102 posts
14,728 battles

The channel dash on Two Brothers is really only viable later in the match.

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,017 battles

As the shells start flying in and PT hits 5-6:

i-have-made-iz92xz.jpg

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
2,492 posts
13,384 battles

I've seen it maybe work twice.......once while in the match, the other via a replay.

In the match, we charged through the middle after waiting for the enemy team to split itself and get out of position.

Every other time...... it's a murderous crossfire and enough torpedos to make a kitakami jealous

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,619 posts
10,480 battles
28 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Did it once. Only time I ever tried it. Ended the match by capping. In Texas, of all ships, and low tier to boot! How to hold position and draw the opponent out of their comfort zone, freeing the middle channel for old slow trot! They split and left no one home. I stayed at home close enough to assist on either side of the map, mid base, and once they had been ground down and focused on the closer threats and I knew where everyone was, straight up the middle! Needs 1st rate teamwork to do it in any ship, and we had it. Once in a hundred matches, maybe!

This was later in the match, though.  You can get away with it then.  Its near the beginning of the match where a push through the middle is more than likely just a suicide rush.

Beta Testers
1,896 posts
9,565 battles

OK i have done it, yep with NO CVs in the game and at 1/4 bells after I waited about 4 minutes until I counted all he ships too far from the cap to protect it and yes I capped and it worked ...ONCE

but that was once and only once

[HINON]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
2,562 posts
4,805 battles

Brings this to mind personally when I see it and wonder if this is truly representative of the person doing it.

59f9ef41d8865_deadhorse.gif.a93c8c4edb840afa138b6f28c4323911.gif...

:Smile_honoring:

M

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles

I have seen it work in game and on YouTube. Notser was the last person I seen do it and in a DD as well. He didn't really come out of the channel until he and his team finished off the reds that were hanging out at their end. It wasn't too long ago he put that video up.

I wouldn't do it any today unless the red team was already out of the scene.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,644 battles

I'd just like to point out that having seem something dumb work out doesn't make the dumb thing suddenly smart. Statistically, if enough trials are run, all possible results will occur.

• Cool 1

Members
2,094 posts
32,389 battles

The channel rush works under the following conditions (some already mentioned in other posts):

• it is a STANDARD battle and not domination (what's the point in that though I have witnessed many knuckleheads do it)
  • there are no CVs and limited radar boats
  • the entire rush team commits to it, knows and plays their position
  • it has to operate like a draw play in football with a bit of a delay
  • ideally the majority of the red team goes one way with a limited number of torpedo-less defenders
  • generally bad red players that don't pay attention to the mini-map and can't shoot
  • luck, lots of it
  • Cool 2

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

I only ever run the channel later in the battle when there is a 'chance' to survive & surprise the enemy team plus to cap. Even then it is very risky.

So, I hardly ever do this but when I do it's with a ship with torps.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,644 battles
35 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

The channel rush works under the following conditions (some already mentioned in other posts):

• it is a STANDARD battle and not domination (what's the point in that though I have witnessed many knuckleheads do it)
  • there are no CVs and limited radar boats
  • the entire rush team commits to it, knows and plays their position
  • it has to operate like a draw play in football with a bit of a delay
  • ideally the majority of the red team goes one way with a limited number of torpedo-less defenders
  • generally bad red players that don't pay attention to the mini-map and can't shoot
  • luck, lots of it

Even in this case, all you do is trade a good chance for a good win with good rewards in order to gain a poor chance for a bad win with shlt for rewards. IMO, that still makes it bad bombin in my book (and yes, I did use a phrase from Jar Jar Binks. That's how bad I think it is).

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,615 posts
10,296 battles

Actually if we extracted their brain from their head this is what we would find. 

59f9fc614ee4d_download(4).jpg.737776a306f1455ece7ce30956181347.jpg