You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Save Texas

59 comments in this topic

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,166 battles

Not sure if this has been announced formally yet or not, but I just noticed new Save Texas bundles in the Premium Shop as of this morning.  Proceeds go to the Battleship Texas Foundation.

Camo looks pretty nice too.  Good to see Wargaming getting on board with players to support the efforts to save USS Texas.  Hope we as a community can drum up some good funds for this.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

• Cool 6

[-BSK-]
Members
521 posts
25,236 battles

already own the Texas. I can buy the camo for dubloon. my question is.....will my dubloon purchase go toward the save the Texas fund?

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,166 battles
11 minutes ago, Gary_P said:

already own the Texas. I can buy the camo for dubloon. my question is.....will my dubloon purchase go toward the save the Texas fund?

Are you sure it's not the Stars and Stripes camo you're not buying for doubloons?  Only the Lone Star camo supports the cause, and I don't think it's available for doubloons.

Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles

Awesome, glad to see WG partner up for this charity.  I mean it makes total sense, and undoubtedly will raise a lot of money (people like their shiny).  Two questions though, why is this not up on the loading screen or web portal yet?  and what is the "lone star mission" mentioned in the first bundle?

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,166 battles
24 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Awesome, glad to see WG partner up for this charity.  I mean it makes total sense, and undoubtedly will raise a lot of money (people like their shiny).  Two questions though, why is this not up on the loading screen or web portal yet?  and what is the "lone star mission" mentioned in the first bundle?

You're right.  You'd think there would be a post on the main page about this considering it's front and center in the Premium Shop.

I'm sure WG is working on it, but their timing with the premium shop release is definitely off.

[TAFY3]
[TAFY3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
460 posts
12,720 battles

The Lone Star camo looks MUCH better than the Stars, and Stripes camo.  I was hoping for something like this.  Good job.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,021 posts
4,739 battles
2 minutes ago, SluggerJackson said:

The Lone Star camo looks MUCH better than the Stars, and Stripes camo.  I was hoping for something like this.  Good job.

That camo just screams "Americaaa F YA" 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

That's awesome, I'll be sure to pick it up when I get the chance.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
931 posts
9,007 battles

Thanks for heads up, will definitely buy some camo in honor of my late grandfather who was in the Texas’ USMC contingent during Atlantic convoy duty.  He was assigned to a 5” gun crew and served as Adm King’s orderly for a period.  

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,812 posts
20,786 battles
44 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

That camo just screams "Americaaa F YA" 

More like ' Texas F ye-haw! '

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,166 battles
26 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

Anyone know what the Lone Star mission is?

Nobody knows yet.  There is nothing posted on the home page about it at this time.

[-DPF-]
Members
774 posts
11,104 battles

If you already have the Texas and you purchase one of these bundles, do you get the camo, port slot, mission, and some doubloons?

Thanks!

[CAPGO]
Members
775 posts
12,369 battles
1 minute ago, Nhi_Vanye said:

If you already have the Texas and you purchase one of these bundles, do you get the camo, port slot, mission, and some doubloons?

Thanks!

that has been the case so I am pretty sure that you will get them.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,166 battles
16 minutes ago, Nhi_Vanye said:

Thanks!

Yes.

But if you already have her and feel the need to support, why not just buy the Valor Flag and the Lone Star camo instead?

By the way, this info was just posted on the main page:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/dont-mess-with-uss/

Edited by Ace_04
  • Cool 1

[-DPF-]
Members
774 posts
11,104 battles
20 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Yes.

But if you already have her and feel the need to support, why not just buy the Valor Flag and the Lone Star camo instead?

By the way, this info was just posted on the main page:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/dont-mess-with-uss/

My thinking was that I can use the doubloons for something else later, and give a bigger donation.  I may just buy the camo though.  Thanks for the info!

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,523 battles

Glad to see this. Already have the TX and the Stars and Stripes Camo, but just picked up the flag. Realized the camo isn't the stars and stripes, so I may grab that as well. I think they should state that the Lone Star Camo is different from the Stars and Stripes one already in game.

Members
6,589 posts
8,581 battles

It's great to see WG offering the camo up for separate purchase. I'll likely buy it later, just to help with the fund raising to save such a historic ship. I've never visited the USS Texas, but if I had the chance I would definitely go see it. I also don't play my Texas in game much, but that camo looks really good; it looks much better than the stars and stripes camouflage(I also never got), so I'll definitely be getting it before it leaves the store.

[YARRR]
Members
735 posts
5,955 battles

Excellent job on Wargaming's part.

Will pick up the bundle even though I already have Texas.

USS Texas is the only remaining dreadnought in the world, and the only remaining US ship that fought in both world wars.  She deserves all the help we can give her.

I also hope that Wargaming will give us USS Olympia in game, and will also have a program like this one to save her.   USS Olympia is the oldest all steel warship on the planet, and is the ship that put the US Navy on the world stage.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
28 minutes ago, ElAurens said:

USS Texas is the only remaining dreadnought in the world, and the only remaining US ship that fought in both world wars.  She deserves all the help we can give her.

I also hope that Wargaming will give us USS Olympia in game, and will also have a program like this one to save her.   USS Olympia is the oldest all steel warship on the planet, and is the ship that put the US Navy on the world stage.

I would freaking LOVE a premium tier 2 USS Olympia in the game, to fight along side the Albany and Emden. Those little tier 2 cruisers are tons of fun to play when I want to destress. =P

Its even better because I visited her this past June. She was the first warship I ever visited so its left a lasting impression on me. Shes a beautiful ship!

[CCF]
Members
821 posts
10,378 battles
2 hours ago, ElAurens said:

lf you do this can you post what your doubloons in lieu of come out to please. Thinking about this move too...

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,691 posts
14,166 battles

Finally!! They made Lone Star flag camo for the USS Texas. Bought for $15, so worth