Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoCoGaming3645

Maybe properly working Radar?

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

337
[CZS]
Members
842 posts
8,112 battles

You know, radar that doesn't see through islands?

 

Really not hard to do, folks, as the Line of Sight code already exists.   It's saying really bad things about WG as a company that 2 years after it's introduction, this still isn't fixed.

 

And please, don't give me the "working as designed" B-S.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,275
[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

Just saying, properly working Radar would not be a Consumable. It would be permanent until the Radar Module gets knocked out

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

Really, is radar all that bad? I mean, really?

 

As a guy who now plays destroyers almost exclusively, I can count the number of times I've been sunk as a result of the use of radar on one hand. On the other hand, the # of times I've spoofed radar bearing ships into wasting their consumable is easily greater. And I've definitely sunk more Belfasts in destroyers than I've been sunk by said ship. 

 

If you troll around without any situational awareness, then radar is going to hurt you. But if you adjust your play to account for radar carrying ships, it's just another game condition. Frankly, I find the secondary builds on German battleships to be far more annoying than radar. 

 

How often are cruiser players close enough to be affected by radar? I'm not even going to ask about battleships since most bb players keep as far away from the enemy as they possibly can.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,365
[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,644 battles
47 minutes ago, DingBat said:

Really, is radar all that bad? I mean, really?

 

As a guy who now plays destroyers almost exclusively, I can count the number of times I've been sunk as a result of the use of radar on one hand. On the other hand, the # of times I've spoofed radar bearing ships into wasting their consumable is easily greater. And I've definitely sunk more Belfasts in destroyers than I've been sunk by said ship. 

 

If you troll around without any situational awareness, then radar is going to hurt you. But if you adjust your play to account for radar carrying ships, it's just another game condition. Frankly, I find the secondary builds on German battleships to be far more annoying than radar. 

 

How often are cruiser players close enough to be affected by radar? I'm not even going to ask about battleships since most bb players keep as far away from the enemy as they possibly can.

 

QFT - The only times I can think of where radar has been the cause of my death in a DD in particular where times where I just didn't notice there was a radar ship in range of me (situational awareness fail) or where I knew there was a radar ship in range, but I decided to go for it anyway and trust to island cover, or hope his radar was on cooldown, or that the enemies across the map who would have shots at me were too busy fighting the guys in front of them.

In other words, when radar kills me it's almost always because I straight up don't notice what is going on, or I decide that it's a good time to have more balls than brains.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
9,565 battles

You need to learn to change your tactics, adjust,adapt and overcome....real sailors do it everyday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,103
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,027 battles
1 hour ago, DingBat said:

Really, is radar all that bad? I mean, really?

YES!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

Lol, check the team list scrub. If there are lots of radar cruisers, stop charging into places without an escape plan!

You are committing the same cardinal sin as oblivious battleships.

"Oh, I don't see any torpedoes so there aren't any torpedoes right?"

"Oh, I don't see any radar cruisers so there aren't any there right?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,984
[-VCW-]
Members
3,352 posts
16,649 battles
37 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

Lol, check the team list scrub. If there are lots of radar cruisers, stop charging into places without an escape plan!

You are committing the same cardinal sin as oblivious battleships.

"Oh, I don't see any torpedoes so there aren't any torpedoes right?"

"Oh, I don't see any radar cruisers so there aren't any there right?"

"Scrub"?   Since when are players not allowed to voice an opinion without being insulted? 
Insults and shaming are violations of the forum rules. If you can't add anything constructive then stay out of the forum. 

Let's get back to what he was saying. Many DD players have been complaining about it for a long time. Radar should not be able to see ships parked behind islands period!  I agree.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles
6 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

"Scrub"?   Since when are players not allowed to voice an opinion without being insulted? 
Insults and shaming are violations of the forum rules. If you can't add anything constructive then stay out of the forum. 

Let's get back to what he was saying. Many DD players have been complaining about it for a long time. Radar should not be able to see ships parked behind islands period!  I agree.  
 

scrub2
skrəb/
noun
noun: scrub; modifier noun: scrub
informal
an insignificant or contemptible person.
  • NORTH AMERICAN
    (in sports) a player not among the best or most skilled.

All I'm indicating is that this person can't cope with Radar, while many others can, which shows a lack of mastery over this game. Plus you are free to voice whatever opinion you may have, to insult or not to insult is purely upon my own preference on an individual basis.

Trust me, over 2711 forum posts I trust that I have learned the forum rules quite well. I'm surprised and sorry about you find my words offensive, but I can't see myself staying out of the forum anytime soon. Apart from the remark "scrub", I believe I've made a constructive point, suggesting that dd captains should check team list and be conscientious about their positioning at all times. 

 

Now back to what he was saying. You presented your opinion well that radar shouldn't be able to see ships behind islands, but you presented little reasons nor constructive argument.

 

...

 

Should I advise you to stay out of the forum?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,984
[-VCW-]
Members
3,352 posts
16,649 battles
Just now, The_first_harbinger said:
scrub2
skrəb/
noun
noun: scrub; modifier noun: scrub
informal
an insignificant or contemptible person.
  • NORTH AMERICAN
    (in sports) a player not among the best or most skilled.

All I'm indicating is that this person can't cope with Radar, while many others can, which shows a lack of mastery over this game. Plus you are free to voice whatever opinion you may have, to insult or not to insult is purely upon my own preference on an individual basis.

 


Let's cut the crap. I know what it means, you know what it means, most players know as well as the moderator. Posting the definition is your way of deflecting the fact that all you were doing is bullying the OP.
Let's deal with your definition: In MMO games a "scrub" refers to a bad or incompetent player. 

Urban dictionary:

"A scrub is a more derogatory form of the slang "noob", "nub" etc. and is primarily used in video games, particularly those which are multiplayer based.

Whilst a noob is generally considered one who is new to the game, and as a result not proficient, a scrub need not necessarily be new. It may imply that the person accused is forever a noob, regardless of how much they may practice." 

"Also refers to people who failed to make it onto whatever team/club/board/group, and also, in online gaming circles, refers to somebody who is not inexperienced but not very good at it"


You may not have been called out in over 2k forum posts in the past but I'm calling you out now. Instead of trying to justify your behavior you should have just apologized and owned it. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles
11 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

 

I find it pretty offensive for you to assume my knowledge of this “Urban Dictionary”, together with its indication of me with ill meaning and foul intentions, that’s very unsportsmanlike!

 

After reasearching a little upon this “Urban Dictionary”, particularly it’s definition of itself, I decided that it shouldn’t count as an constructive and correct source, I hope you would agree. 

 

By the way, shoudn’t we discuss a little bit more on the subject of radar mechanics? You made no comment upon my illiteration about your attempt to “get back to what he was saying”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Members-
1,542 posts
26 battles
On 01/11/2017 at 11:54 AM, EAnybody said:

You know, radar that doesn't see through islands?

 

Really not hard to do, folks, as the Line of Sight code already exists.   It's saying really bad things about WG as a company that 2 years after it's introduction, this still isn't fixed.

 

And please, don't give me the "working as designed" B-S.

 

Thank you for your feedback, @EAnybody, we will pass it along to our team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×