Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
hopitty

hit to many times by team torps

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
9 posts
1,726 battles

In the past week I've been sunk in a BB 3 times by my own team torps almost sunk another 4 times ,and hit quite a few other times causing much damage and shortening my game .Torpedo's should be limitted to an actual figure that the boat carried so they aren't fired indiscriminately in all directions as they are now .Maybe a reload button that works in a similar fashion to damage control that would limit the number of torps flung around the zone ,and a limit of maybe four reloads ,that would make the destroyer and cruiser opperators work a little harder to get a kill ,and if they are good enough they won't have to fire torps in all directions to get a score like those of us in BB's have to do with our guns ,and those who stiil fire indescriminately will run out of torps very fast .and their pink period for hitting team players should be doubled so they realize it's not acceptable .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,813
[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,182 battles

Sounds like you must be going into positions where you are getting in the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,476
[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,309 posts

Yes, I fully agree, those torps should be limited. And while we are at it, let's do away with those repair parties, since any significant damage would not be repaired in the course of a naval battle. Oh, and those battleship rudder shift times need to be adjusted to something akin to reality. And then of course there is acceleration and the fact that a WWII destroyer with a top speed of 30 knots took 30 minutes to accelerate from 12 knots to its top speed, a figure cut to 15 minutes in combat at the risk of permanent, and possibly irreparable damage to the ship's turbine blades. In light of this, no ship should be allowed to slow down, much less travel backwards since that would have meant extended periods of sitting virtually motionless, making a perfect target for bullets, bombs and torpedoes. WG will also need new maps, since, with the exception of Ocean, none of the maps used in the game represent an area any captain would take a naval vessel, let alone a fleet of such vessels into for fear of running aground, or ripping their bottoms out on reefs. As to TK penalties, frankly, turning the boat pink is a waste of time because nobody cares. WG should instead adopt the policy of the Amish navy and shun offenders. There could be a special F key announcement to "Shun the selected target".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9 posts
1,726 battles
14 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Sounds like you must be going into positions where you are getting in the way.

wel considering i was there on the spot dueling with another BB at the time with no others around me ,I was not in the wrong spot 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,813
[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,182 battles
Just now, hopitty said:

wel considering i was there on the spot dueling with another BB at the time with no others around me ,I was not in the wrong spot 

 

Why are you assuming being in the face of the enemy is the right spot? This isn't a first person shooter, it's a strategy game and you are a piece of a puzzle. You seem to be getting in the way of your allies doing their tasks, not only impairing their affect on the battle but being out of position while doing so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9 posts
1,726 battles
2 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Why are you assuming being in the face of the enemy is the right spot? This isn't a first person shooter, it's a strategy game and you are a piece of a puzzle. You seem to be getting in the way of your allies doing their tasks, not only impairing their affect on the battle but being out of position while doing so.

I'm saying they shouldn't be firing on team mates ,what part of that is so hard for you to understand 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,813
[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,182 battles
2 minutes ago, hopitty said:

I'm saying they shouldn't be firing on team mates ,what part of that is so hard for you to understand 

 

I'm telling you I don't get hit by allied torps because i'm not in their way, what part of that is so hard for you to understand. You are asking to limit the torpedo amount on other ships because you can't stop charging in and see the nuance of the battle, and where you actually fit in it. They aren't firing on you, they are firing on the enemy and then you blunder in, get in the way and throw a fit like it was their fault.

Edited by Pulicat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9 posts
1,726 battles
5 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

I'm telling you I don't get hit by allied torps because i'm not in their way, what part of that is so hard for you to understand. You are asking to limit the torpedo amount on other ships because you can't stop charging in and see the nuance of the battle, and where you actually fit in it. They aren't firing on you, they are firing on the enemy and then you blunder in, get in the way and throw a fit like it was their fault.

OK then if I can't battle one on one with aother BB and risk being hit by our own toprs ,then remove everthing from the game but Cv's DD's and cruisers and make it a game of torps with no skills needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,813
[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,182 battles
Just now, hopitty said:

OK then if I can't battle one on one with aother BB and risk being hit by our own toprs ,then remove everthing from the game but Cv's DD's and cruisers and make it a game of torps with no skills needed

The fact that you think you can one on one something when it's a game of 12v12 is hilarious. Battleships are probably the easiest and strongest ships in the game, but even those aren't -that- easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9 posts
1,726 battles
3 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

The fact that you think you can one on one something when it's a game of 12v12 is hilarious. Battleships are probably the easiest and strongest ships in the game, but even those aren't -that- easy.

we'll just remove the BB's then and call the game world of torpedo's 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,813
[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,182 battles
Just now, hopitty said:

we'll just remove the BB's then and call the game world of torpedo's 

 

I'd rather people recognize their own mistakes rather that advocate other classes be nerfed into the ground because they can't admit they're at fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9 posts
1,726 battles
1 minute ago, Pulicat said:

I'd rather people recognize their own mistakes rather that advocate other classes be nerfed into the ground because they can't admit they're at fault.

and you must obviously be a DD driver who fires torps from a great distance and curses anyone who gets in the way because they all should bre watching your moves in the heat of battle ,no you sir are an idiot ,everyone should watch where they are firing doesn't matter what they are using ,before I went to BB's I was in cruisers but I never fired when a teamm mate was in the way I got in close and made sure of my target 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,813
[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,182 battles
2 minutes ago, hopitty said:

and you must obviously be a DD driver who fires torps from a great distance and curses anyone who gets in the way because they all should bre watching your moves in the heat of battle ,no you sir are an idiot ,everyone should watch where they are firing doesn't matter what they are using ,before I went to BB's I was in cruisers but I never fired when a teamm mate was in the way I got in close and made sure of my target 

 

jcau44m.png?1

Torps are a long range weapon.

Spoiler alert, so are your battleship guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
119
[BBNS]
Beta Testers
394 posts
6,731 battles

To original poster you might want to look into the WASD hack it works great for us BB players my ship lasts far longer since I started using this hack the best part is it is a built in exploit right on your keyboard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[TIRED]
Members
40 posts
2,844 battles

I was in this position a few times back during the the "Revolution is My Name 1600 Base XP Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya" missions when people were dropping torps just to get hits and XP.  Sank a few times by my teammates after some stout games....anyways I think  the person that was torped should get the torpee's XP and money.  Why should I get punished for their dumba** mistake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9 posts
1,726 battles
3 hours ago, TB12_304 said:

I was in this position a few times back during the the "Revolution is My Name 1600 Base XP Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya" missions when people were dropping torps just to get hits and XP.  Sank a few times by my teammates after some stout games....anyways I think  the person that was torped should get the torpee's XP and money.  Why should I get punished for their dumba** mistake?

that is likely a good deterant to stop indescrimanant torp tossing ,take all their points 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9 posts
1,726 battles
4 hours ago, justdags said:

To original poster you might want to look into the WASD hack it works great for us BB players my ship lasts far longer since I started using this hack the best part is it is a built in exploit right on your keyboard

I'm a 60 yr old teenager who is just trying to enjoy some games ,I mostly only played first person shooters before here ,and I know very little of cheats ,though I've heard of them 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[EGO]
Beta Testers
350 posts
20,901 battles
9 hours ago, hopitty said:

In the past week I've been sunk in a BB 3 times by my own team torps almost sunk another 4 times ,and hit quite a few other times causing much damage and shortening my game .Torpedo's should be limitted to an actual figure that the boat carried so they aren't fired indiscriminately in all directions as they are now .Maybe a reload button that works in a similar fashion to damage control that would limit the number of torps flung around the zone ,and a limit of maybe four reloads ,that would make the destroyer and cruiser opperators work a little harder to get a kill ,and if they are good enough they won't have to fire torps in all directions to get a score like those of us in BB's have to do with our guns ,and those who stiil fire indescriminately will run out of torps very fast .and their pink period for hitting team players should be doubled so they realize it's not acceptable .

 

 

I noticed you played BB only 25 games in random but 634 games in PvE.

Are those torps launched by bots in coop because they are reckless and tk a lot? Unfortunately, bots get a special privilege from WG in the sense they can tk as many time as they want without turning pink because I've never seen a pink bot. I think dev should wear pink T-shirt every time a bot tk in coop.

 

More importantly, you only played BB in random battles 7, 3, 2, 13 times at T3, 4, 5 and 6 respectively. You haven't played enough to draw any conclusion to change your play-style or game'smechanics.

You might be just unlucky to be with a bunch of glue-eating and crayon-shewing toddlers on your team and ended up eating their peas, which happens a lot at lower tier games..

 

Still, you should consider some of the suggestions people made in your thread. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9 posts
1,726 battles
2 hours ago, SoftAndCute said:

 

I noticed you played BB only 25 games in random but 634 games in PvE.

Are those torps launched by bots in coop because they are reckless and tk a lot? Unfortunately, bots get a special privilege from WG in the sense they can tk as many time as they want without turning pink because I've never seen a pink bot. I think dev should wear pink T-shirt every time a bot tk in coop.

 

More importantly, you only played BB in random battles 7, 3, 2, 13 times at T3, 4, 5 and 6 respectively. You haven't played enough to draw any conclusion to change your play-style or game'smechanics.

You might be just unlucky to be with a bunch of glue-eating and crayon-shewing toddlers on your team and ended up eating their peas, which happens a lot at lower tier games..

 

Still, you should consider some of the suggestions people made in your thread. 

 

the torps I'm being hit with are from human players ,and yes they may be kids ,and kids are supposed to be the guru's at computer games ,and where I do play random or co-op it it is of no impotance ,the fact is I'm being hit by too many team players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[EGO]
Beta Testers
350 posts
20,901 battles
7 hours ago, hopitty said:

I'm a 60 yr old teenager who is just trying to enjoy some games ,I mostly only played first person shooters before here ,and I know very little of cheats ,though I've heard of them 

 

 

26 minutes ago, hopitty said:

the torps I'm being hit with are from human players ,and yes they may be kids ,and kids are supposed to be the guru's at computer games ,and where I do play random or co-op it it is of no impotance ,the fact is I'm being hit by too many team players

 

Playing a division with another player(s) or joining a clan may be helpful. Since you claimed to be a 60-yr old teenager, try to find "60-yr Old Virgin Clan".

 

Regardless, the more you play random  the better you will get eventually. DDs are supposed to go front but if you see a friendly DD lurking at the back, just brace for impact. and his torps are coming to you.

There is a saying "White torpedoes are harder to dodge than red ones".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles
13 hours ago, hopitty said:

and you must obviously be a DD driver who fires torps from a great distance and curses anyone who gets in the way because they all should bre watching your moves

You have no idea, OP, do you about Pulicat. If you did you would want him on your team & he doesn't torp teammates (as far as I know - do you Pulicat? lol).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,577 posts
11,838 battles

best I can assume is you ran into a bad streak...has it cleared up?.... ...yah they're not going to change the game for you, which is fine--I love torpedo soup. ...but I can't fathom how you got sunk 3 times in a few missions. ...I'm not saying you deserved it--u didn't--as a DD skipper I don't fire torps with a friendly in the way, and it's easy enough not to. ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,103
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,002 battles
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:08 AM, hopitty said:

I'm saying they shouldn't be firing on team mates ,what part of that is so hard for you to understand 

You've gotten some good advice, which you have promptly and vocally ignored, because you are, for lack of a better term, gluteus maximus hurt over being torped by team mates. OK, not getting torped by team mates is reasonable; are any OTHER BB's on your team getting team torped? If not, perhaps you should do what they are doing and quit doing what ever it is you are doing that puts you in the way of team mates torps.

OMG! YES, every player IS responsible for ALL the ordinance he or she shoots. PERIOD, end of discussion. However, if you are constantly in places where torps are going to be then you need to either be a very nimble ship like a DD or a CL, or you need to expect to eat torps. If you're in a place where Pidgeons crap all day, are you going to be the guy who complains about birds crapping on his head while he just stands there covered in poop?

MOVE!

If you have an issue, this is the place for help. (YES SERIOUSLY!) You can, and have, gotten good advice and insightful input; all of which you promptly ignored so you could continue with your highly charged emotional raging and salt spewing. OK.

If you just want to rant, this is also the place for it, just don't expect a helluva lot of sympathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
352
[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,234 battles

Ok two suggestions one don't outrun you team and turn off torpedoes friendly fire. Those 8km and 12km torpedoes are causing no end to my misery as I shoot at a target next 3 of 4 hit the last one sinks a friendly low point health friendly 6km away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×