Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptGodzillaPig

Ohhh I missed my GK..

8 comments in this topic

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,919 battles

Been running around in the KM DD line for so long, I sort of forgot about the old gal.    Took her out for a spin tonight and the first game was, well, not impressive.  lol.  I sort of forgot I was a BB and charged a cap like I would in the 52.   I had a beer and a smoke, got my feet under me, and my last two games have been pretty decent.  I forgot what it was like to just roll around stomping cruisers and sending DD's that get a little too close scurrying off under a hail of secondary fire.  (Though for the record as unimpressive as that first game was, I did get my close Q on a DD for my flags for the day.  But that was about the only thing that was good.  lol)

Game 2:  189k damage.  1 Kill.  2 Cit.  8 Fires.  299 secondary hits.  (win)

Game 3:  152k damage.   3 kill.  3 cit.  5 fires. 115 secondary hits.  (win)

This is full up front engaging BB play.  No hiding here.

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig
  • Cool 2

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,919 battles
13 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

hope you keep the results going

Thanks Puli.  Last game was not quite as good.  I only scraped out about 50k damage and a kill before getting focused down, but we got the first cap and that kept us in the game.  Our team hammered it out in what was probably the best battle I have seen in awhile.  We won on points, just catching them at the last second for the win.  Damn those UK BB's..  lol.  Brutal.  These things happen when you get out in the line of fire though. 

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,919 battles

Beer consumption increases..stats decrease.  I see a correlation here.  Still a win, but..

116 damage.  1 kill.  1 cit.  2 fire..  103 seconds.  Personally I think it was a crap spawn,  but still rolling......  :) 

Did have 2 total potato roll losses in the middle..  Just crap games.  everyone die.. yay. 

• Cool 1

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,919 battles

if you don't have this ship.  Get her.  just a fun play.  Spec her for seconds and run. 

[ANKER]
Members
439 posts
14,254 battles

You can see by my stats that I'm not a very good player but I got my highest damage game in her a couple days ago.  Such a tank!   

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,919 battles
20 minutes ago, driedjello said:

You can see by my stats that I'm not a very good player but I got my highest damage game in her a couple days ago.  Such a tank!   

I can honestly say that if it wasn't for GK I wouldn't be playing today.  Just got done with the KM DD line and ok,  52 is a bossy little ship and I love playing that, but for a long time I was about to check out.  I really can't believe how much fun I am having rolling the old GK tonight.  Just killing it.   7 out of 10 wins.. 2 were throw away losses.  5 were boot stomps for us and me.  2 wins I stole after getting smoked early. 1 loss was just a loss.  close fight.    All in all though it has been a good night for me. 

• Cool 1

[RICO5]
Members
2,926 posts
5,919 battles

oh man ..  l lost one..  bad beat.  Kid in an Amagi in a T10 game and he had it...Mino was supposed to he his support.   Now this was obviously a kid in the Amagi and the Mino just let the red DD torp wall him.  Mino  should have had him.   We were all rooting for the young man,  I have a soft spot because my kid plays and this kid was rocking it.  Mino...oh I got salty, and I wasn't alone. 

Sign in to follow this