You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

November monthly briefing

58 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles
1 minute ago, xX_Critical_ClopOut69_Xx said:

I was hoping for Haida until I saw the "Kidding part"

Hopes and dreams crushed once again.

Last news I heard about Haida was that Pigeon went to St. Pete about 2-3 months back for his visit and was trying to convince them to bring her in game or get the ball rolling like he did with Enterprise, but it didn’t go so well.

[TSG4B]
Members
222 posts
6,098 battles

Looking forward to the USS Kidd... if for nothing more than the historic value. Although after seeing NoZoupforYou's review on how it's been rebalanced, I'm definitely intrigued to see how it will play in game.

USS Kidd World of Warships Tier 8 Premium Destroyer Preview

Members
1,338 posts
2,871 battles
Just now, renegadestatuz said:

Last news I heard about Haida was that Pigeon went to St. Pete about 2-3 months back for his visit and was trying to convince them to bring her in game or get the ball rolling like he did with Enterprise, but it didn’t go so well.

I haven't heard that. Pigeon told me he was working on it about two months ago and there was a Naval Legends episode filmed.

Hopefully that isn't true. 

[NGA]
Members
2,008 posts
12,384 battles

The two ships celebrating their anniversaries currently has me confused, I'm not sure if they're referring to when they were laid down, launched, commissioned, or what have you.

"Preparing for the invasion" leaves me wondering too.

"The Armada returns and it's bigger than ever" is a reference to that enormous $400 package that included every non-exclusive premium released to that point.

And I have no clue what the reference to Meat Loaf is supposed to mean.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,725 posts
12,930 battles
38 minutes ago, Darksaint1071 said:

Looking forward to the USS Kidd... if for nothing more than the historic value. Although after seeing NoZoupforYou's review on how it's been rebalanced, I'm definitely intrigued to see how it will play in game.

USS Kidd World of Warships Tier 8 Premium Destroyer Preview

I'm debating getting it for competitive play, but I just don't see it standing up in Randoms. 

WG is clearly getting screwed over by the 6.3 bloom changes. They can get away with ignoring the existing USN ships, but with Kidd and Pan-Asian ships they are getting bitten by the problem they created. 

• Cool 2

[NGA]
Members
2,008 posts
12,384 battles
1 minute ago, HazardDrake said:

I'm debating getting it for competitive play, but I just don't see it standing up in Randoms. 

WG is clearly getting screwed over by the 6.3 bloom changes. They can get away with ignoring the existing USN ships, but with Kidd and Pan-Asian ships they are getting bitten by the problem they created. 

For shame Drake. You don't think Wargaming would seek to undo their mistakes when they can just make new ones.

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,009 posts
4,625 battles
46 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Any sauce on that?  Just curious.. Last I saw was Ichases video of the naval legends. 

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles
2 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Any sauce on that?  Just curious.. Last I saw was Ichases video of the naval legends. 

He replied to a tweet about it on Twitter a while back when asked about it and his trip to Saint Pete.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,725 posts
12,930 battles
4 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

For shame Drake. You don't think Wargaming would seek to undo their mistakes when they can just make new ones.

Haha. IKR. Someone needs to tell them that the Soviet Union isn't around anymore. They won't actually get sent to the Gulag if they admit that an idea didn't work out and revert the changes. 

The game would be be so much better if they did. 

[REVY]
Members
2,508 posts
13,470 battles
10 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

And I have no clue what the reference to Meat Loaf is supposed to mean.

I get the song 'out of the frying pan and into the fire'

Maybe he's going to be a Captain? If they can place an Actor in game as a captain, why not a Musician/Actor?

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles
2 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Maybe he's going to be a Captain? If they can place an Actor in game as a captain, why not a Musician/Actor?

Maybe the “pan” part is a hint at the Pan Asia line being released.

[NGA]
Members
2,008 posts
12,384 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Well, Steven Seagull has Russian citizenship and one of his movies involved the Missouri (at-least within the story) so that at least made some degree of sense. Not sure how Meat Loaf would get involved in WoWS.

[NGA]
Members
2,008 posts
12,384 battles
1 minute ago, renegadestatuz said:

That would actually be pretty clever. Rather out of character for wargaming.

[CRMSN]
6,009 posts
4,625 battles
26 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

He replied to a tweet about it on Twitter a while back when asked about it and his trip to Saint Pete.

tried finding it, no luck. If you do end up finding it please share. Would be interested. 

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

For the premium ship returns, if we're going by commission dates, Indianapolis was in commissioned in 1932 (85 years), while Blyskawica was commissioned in 1937 (80 years).

If WG is going by launch dates, then disregard anything I've mentioned here.

Capture.JPG

No clue what they are referring to with "Preparing for the Invasion".  Maybe a follow-up to the ongoing Halloween clues?

Edited by Ace_04
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
1,588 posts
19,350 battles

Indianapolis is still available in the premium shop though. 

Leningrad was laid down on 5 November 1932 - (85 years) so that's also a possibility. 

Edited by Jnobsir

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
13 minutes ago, Jnobsir said:

Indianapolis is still available in the premium shop though. 

Leningrad was laid down on 5 November 1932 - (85 years) so that's also a possibility. 

That's the confusing part.  Are they referring to ships being laid down or launched?  I'm assuming the latter, but could be completely wrong.

7,026 posts
27,518 battles
1 hour ago, renegadestatuz said:

N8Z0We4.jpg

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,753 posts
15,303 battles

Disappointing looking month, oh well I suppose there'll be slow ones and fast ones.

[CAPGO]
Members
745 posts
9,003 battles
14 minutes ago, mofton said:

Disappointing looking month, oh well I suppose there'll be slow ones and fast ones.

If this is going to be a slow one, what's the fast one?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,753 posts
15,303 battles
1 minute ago, 0806sung said:

If this is going to be a slow one, what's the fast one?

Hopefully the release of French battleships, some more interesting premiums such as Vampire, Aigle, T-61 and maybe a new scenario in the rotation would make for an interesting January or February.