You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Binkley

What happened to the economy of this game???

51 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Beta Testers
471 posts
8,886 battles

What the heck happened to the economy of this game?  It's not uncommon now to see credit losses in tier 6, 7, and 8 games.  Sure, I have my fair share of bad games; but this is not smart game design.  And I'm running a premium account!

Did I miss something?  Was there some change WG made recently?

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,180 posts
10,504 battles
2 minutes ago, Capt_Binkley said:

What the heck happened to the economy of this game?  It's not uncommon now to see credit losses in tier 6, 7, and 8 games.  Sure, I have my fair share of bad games; but this is not smart game design.  And I'm running a premium account!

64C57378-7454-4439-BA66-7691F197FC11.jpeg

Best piece of advice I can offer if you’re losing money at tier VI with premium account 

Edited by FireAndHEspam
  • Cool 5

Members
2,136 posts
6,385 battles

What planet are you on, you can lose a ship in those tiers without firing a shot and still make a profit?

Members
5,409 posts
10,457 battles

I have issues at tier 9 and 10 in general.  Charles Martin French cruiser earns money 90-95% of the time at tier 8 for me.  6 and 7 should not have any issues.  What kind of damage is being done in teh game for these tiers?

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

You are losing credits with premium account in mid tier battles? You are either afk or dying in the first few min. Either way is user error.

[YIKES]
Members
3,880 posts
23,627 battles

Looks like you need to step up your game, OP. Losing credits at those tiers is a sign of poor play.

[O_O]
Members
6,761 posts
16,163 battles

I agree with everyone.  Even a mediocre game should earn you positive silver at Tier 6, especially with premium time!  Something isn't adding up.

What is your average damage?  Average XP?

[O_O]
Members
6,761 posts
16,163 battles
3 minutes ago, nothere01 said:

Are you playing coop?

Ah, yes, another valid question!

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles

It's not CO-OP, he only has 44 games in that. I'm not a great player and I make a profit through those teirs.

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,819 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Binkley said:

As others have said: if this is happening in random battles you need to step up your game play. Even in bad games you should be making some money... unless your bad games are exceptionally bad.

[CNO]
Members
6,071 posts
18,515 battles

I might have a problem at T10 without premium.  But I run premium most of the time and usually either flag up or wear appropriate paint at the high tiers.  I'm currently running about 400 million credits and have a positive flow.  I don't even think about the credit economy any more.  I just play whatever suits me and always equip premium consumables (using credits)  I'm sure I have games where I lose credits, but my credits balance just gets bigger and bigger.   

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
16 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I might have a problem at T10 without premium.  But I run premium most of the time and usually either flag up or wear appropriate paint at the high tiers.  I'm currently running about 400 million credits and have a positive flow.  I don't even think about the credit economy any more.  I just play whatever suits me and always equip premium consumables (using credits)  I'm sure I have games where I lose credits, but my credits balance just gets bigger and bigger.   

400 million credits?? :cap_wander:

I'm a little envious.  I don't sell any ships, so it takes a little longer to grind enough credits to get through an entire tech tree line.  Also, I never sail stock ships, so that takes a chunk out of the piggy bank too.

But as for the OP, if you can't make credits in the mid-tier sweet spots in Random battles with a premium account, maybe this game isn't for you.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,697 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Binkley said:

If you're losing money at tier 6 or 7 sorry but:

e9ICher.jpg

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,051 battles

Are you running ships with lots of premium consumables?  Bad games in those can hurt sometimes, but on a decent game you should still make at least 50% profit from what you earn at the end of the battle.

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

If you're losing money at tiers VI and VII on a Premium Account, then I can assure you that's not a problem with the game.  Tier VIII can sometimes be a credit wall, unless you're playing a boat you're consistently productive in.  However, with a Premium Account that still shouldn't be an issue.

Take it from someone who plays the game in Welfare Mode and still makes credits at those tiers.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,074 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Binkley said:

Nothing was changed but I do have a solution.

9zwq6e.jpg

• Cool 2

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Losing credits in those tiers with premium? ...I have no idea. Premium + perma camo means I've never lost credits even in T10 since the economy revamp. I don't think I've ever lost credits in the mid tiers aside from one time I detonated right at the start of a fight. 

Can you post screenshots of your results page? I'd really like to see if I can figure out what the heck is costing you so much.

Oh! Maybe consumable??

[KSC]
Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

I don't sell any ships, so it takes a little longer to grind enough credits to get through an entire tech tree line. 

Glad I am not alone in this.  It does take longer, but my OCD just doesn't let me sell any.  Up to 214 in port.  Whats your count?

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
12 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Glad I am not alone in this.  It does take longer, but my OCD just doesn't let me sell any.  Up to 214 in port.  Whats your count?

Um, can't see my port right now, but I think I'm almost at 200.  Still working up the RN battleship and French cruiser lines.

I also used to be of the mindset of a true collector, buying all the premium ships.  But with so many replicate ships and a new baby this year, my priorities changed on this stance.  I don't really need 3 premium T8 USN battleships, for example.  Now I only buy ships with a unique play style or ships of future unreleased tech trees (Italian BB's, CL's, etc) for captain training.

• Cool 2

[KSC]
Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles
23 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Um, can't see my port right now, but I think I'm almost at 200.  Still working up the RN battleship and French cruiser lines.

I also used to be of the mindset of a true collector, buying all the premium ships.  But with so many replicate ships and a new baby this year, my priorities changed on this stance.  I don't really need 3 premium T8 USN battleships, for example.  Now I only buy ships with a unique play style or ships of future unreleased tech trees (Italian BB's, CL's, etc) for captain training.

The problem isn't just buying the ships it is outfitting them, am I right?  Modules and upgrades at high tier quickly empty your bank account, and when you aren't selling/demounting you are literally filling up the bucket each time from scratch.

[REVY]
Members
2,493 posts
13,384 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

I don't sell any ships, so it takes a little longer to grind enough credits to get through an entire tech tree line.  Also, I never sail stock ships, so that takes a chunk out of the piggy bank too.

I used to sell the older ships as I didn't have the slots for more. And then I started getting all those extra slots in containers, now I have like 15 empty spots in port. I have been grinding through the lines, 

OP, while I do have a premium account, I do look to see at what I would have gotten if I didn't have the Premium. I've had very few matches in the Tier 9 and 10 range where I ended up negative side of the column. In those matches, I was usually eliminated very quickly, or just was never able to bring my guns to bear on a target before the match ended.

Either you need to spend more time in the mid tiers to support your High tier battles, or you need to step back and take look at your gameplay. What are others who are do well doing that you are not.