You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
i9awn

Carriers are a joke

64 comments in this topic

Members
88 posts
1,778 battles

Impact is insane. Our carrier lost all his planes within minutes to the enemy's carrier; we were obliterated just from the scouting; forget about the damage ... this is a joke.

Edit: This is not about the torps or bombs the carrier drops; this is about the scouting that it can do. You can't maneuver from that.

Edited by i9awn

[SOUP]
Modder
8,813 posts

Grammar and punctuation are your best friends, you shouldn't turn your back on them.
Once you've properly formatted your complaint, then we can begin to address it.

• Cool 2

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

Learn how to maneuver/evade, stay with the fleet, and spec for AA is you dont want to suffer against CVs. There are very few good CV players out there, and those that are good arent all that hard to counter.

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Modder
8,813 posts

Ulthwey has the right idea here, WASD hacks are generally the solution when dealing with carriers. Most of the time it's a case of being aware of your surroundings, I'm guessing you're in a battleship since a cruiser or destroyer would normally be able to dance away, being big and slow gives you time to watch the battle and plan your movements.
And you can't blame one player for your lost match, there are 30 players in a battle, unless the match is a straight 1v1 not 30v30 then you can't pin the loss on any one person, it's a team effort whether you do 1 damage by accident or sink 7-8 ships single-handed. The team in some way contributed, and blame can never be placed on a single ship

• Cool 1

[UDEAD]
Members
708 posts
7,500 battles

Seems like the other carrier wasn't a joke so...you've contradicted yourself. GG

Members
88 posts
1,778 battles
Just now, smf117 said:

Seems like the other carrier wasn't a joke so...you've contradicted yourself. GG

not really given that he only lost his plane to the other carrier, the other joke.

[UDEAD]
Members
708 posts
7,500 battles
10 minutes ago, i9awn said:

not really given that he only lost his plane to the other carrier, the other joke.

lol From the sound of your original post, it seems like the Red's CV deplaned your CV, provided effective spotting and dealt damage. Yeah, that is no joke which is contradictory to the title of your thread but whatever you say.

• Cool 1

Members
11,026 posts
30,430 battles
2 hours ago, smf117 said:

lol From the sound of your original post, it seems like the Red's CV deplaned your CV, provided effective spotting and dealt damage. Yeah, that is no joke which is contradictory to the title of your thread but whatever you say.

CV balance is a joke though.

2 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

And you can't blame one player for your lost match, there are 30 players in a battle, unless the match is a straight 1v1 not 30v30 then you can't pin the loss on any one person

But certain people and decisions will have a greater effect than others.

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
3 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

unless the match is a straight 1v1 not 30v30 then you can't pin the loss on any one person, it's a team effort whether you do 1 damage by accident or sink 7-8 ships single-handed. The team in some way contributed, and blame can never be placed on a single ship

30 v 30? What game mode are you playing. :Smile_teethhappy:

[KOHAI]
Members
1,694 posts
6,078 battles
Just now, jager_geist said:

super battle simulator, where world of warships is expanded into one, super compressed, gigantic, laggy battle, and no one wins for ages.

[TF16]
Members
840 posts
9,439 battles
5 minutes ago, cometguy said:

What CV can be deplaned in minutes?

Langley, Hosho.  

That's about the only ones I can think of unless the CV goes full potato.

[5IN]
Members
2,106 posts
10,138 battles
4 minutes ago, cometguy said:

What CV can be deplaned in minutes?

A really bad one in low tiers.  I'm by no means an expert, but I got a Clear Sky in my Bogue in the first 5min of a match recently.

B

Members
80 posts
4 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

Grammar and punctuation are your best friends, you shouldn't turn your back on them.
Once you've properly formatted your complaint, then we can begin to address it.

To bring up grammar in a forum that is for a GAME you show that you have issues in your own life and this is how you deal with said issues. Also you assume the person typing is native to the English language (assuming anything in this day in age on any forum) shows how small minded you really are and shows that you REALLY have issues you need to deal with.  I have a friend from China that has been here 10 years and STILL is not anywhere near perfect with English but people like you who ride in on your big pale horse think you are doing something good, but you are just showing your small minded issues still remain unsolved.

• Cool 1

[KOHAI]
Members
1,694 posts
6,078 battles

Low tier CVs can be, in very quick order too, even by the crappy AA at those tiers, one or two in every strike doesn't seem like a whole lot, but the hangars that those low tier CVs have are ridiculously low.

As to CVs being OP, well yes, yes they are, because no one tries to mitigate their effect ever. CVs would be much, much less OP, if the teams organised themselves into AA groups, in which everyone was well covered, and stayed close to each other, it is only in situations where teams do not overlap each other with their AA fire that CVs can use their strike power. But nobody does this, they don't even try, I have played hundreds of games in a CV, and maybe ten times have I seen a team try to coordinate themselves into effective defence bubbles. Of course CVs are going to be OP if teams don't try to counter them, of course they will be. To say that CVs are OP because they kill things fast is like saying IJN DDs are OP when the entire enemy team does not change course at all, or very rarely. It is very unfair to blame CVs for being the problem when every single player in the game makes themselves a very weak target.

To be blunt, CVs are not the issue, the issue is a meta in which CVs are not actively being countered by players.

Edited by megadeux
forgot a very important word that changed the whole meaning of my last sentence, derp ._.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
7 minutes ago, Sock5 said:

Langley, Hosho.  

That's about the only ones I can think of unless the CV goes full potato.

I could see maybe hosho, but deplaning a Langley without strafe, did the fighter fight occur over a friendly Texas or something?

[KOHAI]
Members
1,694 posts
6,078 battles

I have deplaned a langley in a hosho, but I had a ten skill point captain, (don't ask, I was bored.)

[KOHAI]
Members
1,694 posts
6,078 battles

Also, Angel, grammar is what shapes the English language, and what can turn what would be a hateful insult into a harmless joke. Grammar is essential to expressing the mood of a sentence, as well as showing that you have put time and effort into formulating your thoughts. It is much harder to take someone seriously when they show up writing in essentially the same style as a drunk man in a bar, it shows a lack of thought, and is hard to understand. I realise it might be hard to format your posts correctly, but if you put some effort into them people would take you seriously, and probably stop telling you your grammar is atrocious.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,896 posts
9,565 battles

Not sure of the entire issue that OP has, but I must admit, T8 CVs can have a hard time against T10 cruisers in a game. I am not looking for balance, but I believe we cannot correct any CV play issues until we addressed MM issues when Cvs are in the game.

MM should be +1/-1 with any Tier CV in play

[SOUP]
Modder
8,813 posts
4 hours ago, jager_geist said:

4 hours ago, megadeux said:

super battle simulator, where world of warships is expanded into one, super compressed, gigantic, laggy battle, and no one wins for ages.

A sleepy mind is not good with maths   xD    I meant 15v15, but I wouldn't mind seeing a 30v30 like that thing they're doing in WoT

3 hours ago, Dkangel33 said:

To bring up grammar in a forum that is for a GAME you show that you have issues in your own life and this is how you deal with said issues. Also you assume the person typing is native to the English language (assuming anything in this day in age on any forum) shows how small minded you really are and shows that you REALLY have issues you need to deal with.  I have a friend from China that has been here 10 years and STILL is not anywhere near perfect with English but people like you who ride in on your big pale horse think you are doing something good, but you are just showing your small minded issues still remain unsolved.

19 posts, 150 battles.
Welcome to the World of Warships Forums! :D   Please let me know if there's anything I can help you with, especially when it comes to the French Navy, literature, the visual arts or voice modding! I hope you enjoy your stay~

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,937 battles

Its not only carriers that are jokes, fail long enough, you too can have a T8-10.

shot-17.10.31_11.41.41-0188.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake
grammar