Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
awiggin

WG, Did you consider things like this?

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
12,600 posts

When you allowed anonymous players into the game? :cap_hmm:

1twRi9n.jpg

rPYA2eM.jpg

There seems to be a lot of intentional griefing going on in the Scenario, are you even concerned about the issue?

A reasonably competent player, with some help can carry the scenario to a win, even if it's only 2-3 stars, but the average player in this game? Not going to happen. 

Might want to consider some way to address this, because I'm not going to spend all my time putting in tickets, and I doubt most players will waste the time either....

The average players are simply going to lose repeatedly unless they get help, and give up on it. 

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,888 posts
26,419 battles

Never encountered any afks in the games I played, just people who died stupidly fast. Having a CV run into the Filth and die like an idiot was never an issue either, because I was always the CV, and new better from a Pt2 vid I watched.

You fought like badgers and won anyway, even with out a CV.

GOOD JOB.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[P33DZ]
Members
261 posts
7,153 battles
9 minutes ago, New_Horizontal said:

then do 7 mans division with clanmates
problems solved

what about for people without clan and friends

[EULA]
Members
294 posts
896 battles
4 minutes ago, HarunaKai said:

what about for people without clan and friends

you can just come to community forum 
make a thread, find some random peeps who want to play Halloween.
there we go you have some friends to go get operations done
no need to be 7 mans division
otherwise "gitgud" is only way to go 

[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,412 posts
15,573 battles

I've seen AFKs in several matches. main problem is folk not using or misusing consumables. 

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
5 hours ago, New_Horizontal said:

you can just come to community forum 
make a thread, find some random peeps who want to play Halloween.
there we go you have some friends to go get operations done
no need to be 7 mans division
otherwise "gitgud" is only way to go 

Those are still randoms though. I can do that by just going to queue.

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,051 battles

Major problem I've been seeing (been complaining too much about it really) is the Carrier players who don't use the consumables.  Even chatting in the beginning and telling them what Twilight does, hoping they're listening...  Then getting bum rushed by all the spawns without a single moon symbol to be seen throughout the match.  Still haven't 5 starred it and at this point have given up, only go in and play it anymore for the Fire mission and the halloween camo's at this point. 

Members
615 posts
4,388 battles

What I have seen in the latest Halloween Scenario the biggest problem is the potato players who seem to feel it is their badge of honor to survive at all costs.  Mostly by camping at the  back and firing from long range (?), which is amusing since the range is so short they can't hit anything until the first 2 towers have been lost.  I mean really the tasks are even spelled out for them on the screen, protect the Trans., sink this ship and that ship, and protect the towers.  I'll give WoWS credit for the effort, they shortened the range on the ships to keep everyone close to the action, but still these players camp at the back.  No amount of encouragement seems to convince them to come out and join the party.  There have been an average 2 of these special potatoes in each of the games I've played lately.  Ok, rant over.

Maybe we need to set a inner (soft) boundary on the maps (in all modes) where once you cross the barrier you have a limited time before your ship begins to take damage.  I've played other games where this was highly effective in keeping people engaged in the action, while allowing them a short period of time to re-position with no ill effect to their health.  Given the slower pace of ships (particularly BBs and some low tier ships) in this game, this time would still have to be minutes long, but should be a way to stop the border hideout mode we seem to be stuck with all to often.

Sign in to follow this