You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Speedstang

Looking for people to 5 star the Halloween Operation

23 comments in this topic

[UEFN]
Members
473 posts
4,274 battles

Yeah, I posted a thread under the same name before awhile back for Saving Transylvania, now it's for this operation. Randoms teams are bad, they keep dying, can't get 5 stars, blah, blah, blah. Anyways, just what the title says, looking for help to 5 star the operation. I'm best at CV, though I can also play BB if absolutely needed. I can play the cruiser, though not as well as I'd like and I don't find the DD that entirely useful.

Currently, my strategy has consisted as the following: Two BB's charge into the filth at the start, holding in front of the portal to the left just out of detection of the spawning ships, shooting things if they are spotted. Then when the Gorgon spawns, they immediately ram and spawnkill it. All the while they chain heal each other to stay alive. Then they push their way out of the smoke towards the 2nd tower, shooting everything along the way while spam healing each other and using the invuln field as necessary.

Meanwhile on the outside, the other battleship, cruisers, CV, and DD if there is any, focus on sinking Rasputin and keeping the first tower alive as long as possible so it draws fire away from tower 2. Once that goes down, they focus on defending tower 2. By this point the CV should have 400k damage, so its heal should be at full strength, allowing it to heal up the two original BB's that sunk the Gorgon and any other ships that get low. From there the entire team groups near tower two and defends it at all costs.

In practice, this hasn't happened at all. If I'm playing one of the ramming BB's, cruisers and DDs get wiped out first 3 minutes, the CV is clueless and runs towards the edge of the map and autodrops (never getting enough damage for the heal), and BB's yolo into groups of enemies. This leaves me and the BB that entered with me (if I could get someone to follow) the last ones alive, so we get murdered.

If I'm playing the CV, BB's refuse to enter the smoke, DD's and cruisers die super early, I try to spam heal on BB's and torp as much as possible, but the 2nd tower still falls. Though this at least tends to get the win much more often. Usually only 2-3 stars though.

So, I need help executing this strategy to win 5 stars. I am open to other strategies though if you have a good one. Just need the help of competent people.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

I'm getting fairly good at the second Halloween scenario. Unfortunately, "good" seems to have eluded about half of the random players I get teamed with.

This game was a comedy of errors. I actually managed to sink both Rasputin and the Great Gorgon with my cruiser. We were set to obtain 5 stars when the team just melted away. None of the battleships used heal circles, nor did the CV driver use his special abilities. Suddenly, it was 2 vs the horde, Transylvania was dead and we were overrun.

notsogood.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
18,589 battles

I managed four stars the other day, but had to play a CV to see that happen. Seems a lot of those playing these missions are unaware of the consumables on those ships. Turns out, being able to stop the enemy fleet half a dozen times during the match helps a lot when trying to land torpedoes and bombs from the air.

Best of luck to you, sir.

Respects,

Am

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,409 battles

I'm in. I still need a five... I'll try to find you in-game OP, though I'm in PST and generally don't get back 'til pretty late.

Members
72 posts
6,680 battles

Send me a time, date, and a pack of skittles and I'm in, in game name is same as on here.

I'll gladly take on the role of dumb charging Battleship, as long as it means I get to kill things. I'll also fill a cruiser slot if needed but my carrier skills are only nominal and please don't make me play that DD, I'm quite certain the captain hates me... or loves me... I can't decide which (and neither can she for that matter)

Members
119 posts
4,853 battles
6 hours ago, Speedstang said:

I don't find the DD that entirely useful.

It's not. It's strictly a liability, especially when your CV and DD aren't on the same page. 

>DD fires a bagillion torps at 4 ships, anticipating their movements. He's nailed it, quadruple kill coming for sure. 

>CV uses Eclipse. It's super effective. 

>DD's torps miss first three ships by 3 kilometers. CV manual drops with torpedo acceleration on fourth ship to sink him before DD's torps get there. 

>DD kamikazi's into filth in frustration and rams Great Gorgon, causing Gorgon to lose 1/25th of its HP. 

[WOLF2]
Members
1,653 posts
11,708 battles

I like your scenario.   The thing I hate to see is someone chat "STAY OUT OF THE FILTH!!!".   The whole game becomes a retreat, and I've seen ships beyond the retreat of the CV.   BBs aren't going to hit anything with their 8km guns when they're 15km in the back.

Cruisers are important too.  Longer range guns and faster firing guns.    And two consumables that I hardly see fired - the T key for rapid fire/rapid heal and the Y key for Radar.   

In my single five-star win, I stayed in the filth the entire match, and had a couple of BBs with me.    The use of overlapping heal, plus my rapid-fire/heal consumable kept me in the mix the whole way.   I was one of two cruisers in the game, and we both cycled radar, so that the reds in the filth were sighted.    Much easier to get the threat before they pop out of the filth all massed up.   We easily got our 30 ships, and the only ship retreating was the CV (he just put it into reverse - a slow backwards crawl).   

Then, the CV comes into play, using Eclipse and Heal.    Can't tell you how many games I've not seen either consumable thrown, until the CV is the last ship standing.   LOL.

Hope you were able to pull together a decent team and got your five stars.

[90THV]
Beta Testers
65 posts
4,472 battles

Relevent question - the operation isnt resetting? So you get five starrts, thats all you get?

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

My last game in the second Halloween event saw our team sink both Rasputin and the Gorgon (I sank the Gorgon), and still lose all three towers!  :Smile_facepalm:

Like I said, that was my "last" game in the Halloween event.  After that, and winning I think only three matches total with any stars since the event started, I've had enough.  I'm done.

Good riddance.

[UEFN]
Members
473 posts
4,274 battles
7 hours ago, pikohan said:

I'm in. I still need a five... I'll try to find you in-game OP, though I'm in PST and generally don't get back 'til pretty late.

Also in PST, assuming you mean West Coast US; will (theoretically) be online later today during the afternoon and through the evening.

6 hours ago, kingofthepanzers98 said:

Send me a time, date, and a pack of skittles and I'm in, in game name is same as on here.

I'll gladly take on the role of dumb charging Battleship, as long as it means I get to kill things. I'll also fill a cruiser slot if needed but my carrier skills are only nominal and please don't make me play that DD, I'm quite certain the captain hates me... or loves me... I can't decide which (and neither can she for that matter)

The battleship typically gets the most damage, easy 600-800k from the Gorgon ram, then tons of things to shoot on the way out of the filth. :cap_like:

As said above, I should be online today during the afternoon through late evening in Pacific time.

2 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

My last game in the second Halloween event saw our team sink both Rasputin and the Gorgon (I sank the Gorgon), and still lose all three towers!  :Smile_facepalm:

Like I said, that was my "last" game in the Halloween event.  After that, and winning I think only three matches total with any stars since the event started, I've had enough.  I'm done.

Good riddance.

You're welcome to join the rest of us, the less randoms we have the better the chances of 5 stars. :Smile_Default:

3 hours ago, DDGPhalanx said:

It's not. It's strictly a liability, especially when your CV and DD aren't on the same page. 

>DD fires a bagillion torps at 4 ships, anticipating their movements. He's nailed it, quadruple kill coming for sure. 

>CV uses Eclipse. It's super effective. 

>DD's torps miss first three ships by 3 kilometers. CV manual drops with torpedo acceleration on fourth ship to sink him before DD's torps get there. 

>DD kamikazi's into filth in frustration and rams Great Gorgon, causing Gorgon to lose 1/25th of its HP. 

I keep having DDs torp targets my CV torpedo bombers are already locked on to, resulting in a complete waste of torps for me, meaning I can't get the team heal to full strength in time and the DDs end up dying before I can save them. 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,409 battles
1 hour ago, Speedstang said:

Also in PST, assuming you mean West Coast US; will (theoretically) be online later today during the afternoon and through the evening.

Yeah, West Coast US. Should be on around in evening... maybe 7ish.

[UEFN]
Members
473 posts
4,274 battles

Got online a bit late, but I'm here nonetheless. Send a message in-game for div invite if any of you happen to be online, hopefully this will finally be 5 stars!

8 hours ago, pikohan said:

Yeah, West Coast US. Should be on around in evening... maybe 7ish.

I got your message in-game, wasn't online at the time, if you're still around I'm online now.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,409 battles
4 minutes ago, Speedstang said:

Got online a bit late, but I'm here nonetheless. Send a message in-game for div invite if any of you happen to be online, hopefully this will finally be 5 stars!

I got your message in-game, wasn't online at the time, if you're still around I'm online now.

Yeah, I'm around all evening. Ping me. Or in discord if the chat's acting up pikohan#1215.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

I've gotten 4/5 a bunch of times, most recent was most painful. It's that damn 30/30 Ships killed in smoke. I got 29/30 last time and was legit pissed off by that. Problem is you need a BB brave enough to go into the smoke to ram the CV with shield up, but few are willing to risk it.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,409 battles
28 minutes ago, Exciton8964 said:

Thank you for the division tonight and the 5-star action.

Amen.

Happy to help others out who are still looking for it too!

Members
113 posts
5,864 battles
1 hour ago, Exciton8964 said:

Thank you for the division tonight and the 5-star action.

1 hour ago, pikohan said:

Amen.

Happy to help others out who are still looking for it too!

22 minutes ago, Speedstang said:

Thanks a ton to @pikohan, @Exciton8964@kingofthepanzers98, @Legion_of_Boom25, @ZoomieG, and @bremen_ for your help! We finally achieved 5 stars! And apparently, we all managed to survive as well! :Smile_glasses:

Yes, it feels great to get that 5 out of the way without a doubt. Not the easiest task. I was glad i could be part of the help.

Edited by Legion_of_Boom25

[WOLF6]
Members
462 posts
3,462 battles

It was awesome divisioning with you all!  So much better/easier when the team is on the same page and actually has a plan. 

Thanks for the invite Speedstang!

• Cool 1

[GLF]
Members
1,044 posts
17,210 battles
22 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Hit me up.  I'll help.

This is all I can think of when i see you write this, lol: 

Members
72 posts
6,680 battles

I was so glad to finally get this op done fully and definitely had fun getting that all setup and done, Thanks for the invite! I'm willing to help anyone else who still needs this as well