Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Ten Star Club? [Clearly Bragging Thread]

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

725
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
9,404 battles

Anyone else's lucky enough to be playing with a competent team?

shot-17.10.23_16.55.36-0573.jpg

shot-17.10.29_15.28.31-0572.jpg

 

Edit: New title is much better.

Edited by NeutralState

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
674
[PVE]
Members
1,713 posts
8,056 battles

4 stars is my best so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
122
[UEFN]
Members
473 posts
4,153 battles

I've gotten 4 stars far more time then I can count. The teams I get matched with..... Dear gosh.... Usually about 2 dead before Rasputin spawns....

 

So many games where I'm the only one alive trying to hold the last tower myself for the last few minutes....

 

Thankfully the CV is so extraordinarily powerful, but even that isn't enough for all 5 stars. I don't think I've had a single battle where we saved more than one tower, but the other tasks I've constantly completed. Really frustrating.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
66
[CASUL]
Members
256 posts
3,751 battles

4 stars several times. 5 stars requires a group of people who know what they're doing, which is super container odds with a random team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,225
[RLGN]
Members
14,838 posts
26,345 battles
30 minutes ago, Speedstang said:

Thankfully the CV is so extraordinarily powerful, but even that isn't enough for all 5 stars. I don't think I've had a single battle where we saved more than one tower, but the other tasks I've constantly completed. Really frustrating....

 

Yeah, with full random teams, I usually save the Eclipse, then spam it at the end to prevent the bad guys from shooting up the towers...

 

Sure wish the operation's programming would let us keep shooting up any bad guy leftovers after the Filth retreats...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
725
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
9,404 battles
31 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Yep, 5 stared both of them pretty easily with a clan div.

Where's the fun in that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
957
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
12,963 battles

Managed 5 stars in "Saving Transylvanian" once or twice this go around, last year might have managed it 3 times.

 

With "Sunray in the Darkness", I've done it twice, once with the cruiser, once driving the CV, both times were down to the wire wins with The Great Gorgon going down after the portal closes, but before the match actually ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
725
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
9,404 battles
7 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Managed 5 stars in "Saving Transylvanian" once or twice this go around, last year might have managed it 3 times.

 

With "Sunray in the Darkness", I've done it twice, once with the cruiser, once driving the CV, both times were down to the wire wins with The Great Gorgon going down after the portal closes, but before the match actually ends.

A good CV and a good BB makes 5 stars easy in second scenario. Ram the named ships, good timings on eclipse. Give some farm to CV to boost the heals at the beginning. Save Blade so it helps with ridiculous 7 sec torp salvos.

 

Speaking of second scenario. There are times where Rasputin is "bugged". On very rare occasions once Rasputin spawns, it just bolts straight into the filth and going ever deeper into it. So it's basically unkillable once it's very deep inside. Anyone encountered the same? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
957
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
12,963 battles
28 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

A good CV and a good BB makes 5 stars easy in second scenario. Ram the named ships, good timings on eclipse. Give some farm to CV to boost the heals at the beginning. Save Blade so it helps with ridiculous 7 sec torp salvos.

 

Speaking of second scenario. There are times where Rasputin is "bugged". On very rare occasions once Rasputin spawns, it just bolts straight into the filth and going ever deeper into it. So it's basically unkillable once it's very deep inside. Anyone encountered the same? 

 

Yep, a couple of times, I not sure it's a bug though. Seemed to be a survival mechanic, as Rasputin dove into the Filth after taking some pretty heavy damage, then impersonated a player and took his ball and went home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
5,489 battles
2 hours ago, Judge_Doom said:

4 stars is my best so far.

me too...one 2 star 2 three stars, and 1 four star...i give up

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,799
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,669 posts

I've gotten from one to four stars but never five. The last three games I played were wins but only one, two and three stars. I came in top on the team all three times. In the two-star game a guy was complaining about how bad the team was. I said that I'd been able to do 500k damage. He replied that he had done 800k. I question this as I was first on the team in points and he was last.

 

One thing I'm curious about is just how the "invulnerability" shield for the BB works. It seems that I can be set on fire and flooded by torpedoes even though the shield is up. In my last game it didn't seem to do much at all because I had it up constantly at the last "baddie" push yet they kept sucking off massive amounts of my health. I get a kick out of these scenarios though.  In that game I had nearly 500 secondary hits and damaged 31 ships, though I only sunk 7.

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
578
[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
7 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Anyone else's lucky enough to be playing with a competent team?

shot-17.10.23_16.55.36-0573.jpg

shot-17.10.29_15.28.31-0572.jpg

 

Edit: New title is much better.

 

Getting 5 stars on these ops is very easy. The only thing you need to do is NOT play with pubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
725
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
9,404 battles
Just now, Ulthwey said:

 

Getting 5 stars on these ops is very easy. The only thing you need to do is NOT play with pubs.

why choose easy mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
578
[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
Just now, NeutralState said:

why choose easy mode?

 

Better than the "bang your head against the wall" method, because with pubs thats what its like 99.9% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
83
[TF-64]
Members
548 posts
19,556 battles

Just made the 10 star club. Need to give extra thanks to Navyshell22, Northryan, Cpt_Capper, caged03, Mrbigwill, a13962200908a. These guys all did it right. Sunrise into darkness 5star was crazy hard. They also got me the wakatake camo. They were all randoms as well. Northryan, our CV driver, was on the ball! Cpt_Capper while the only loss on our team, did it ramming great gorgon for like 6 seconds or so. So long the shield wore off!! The rest were laying a Macho Man level of smack down on the bots.

Thanks guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[CCF]
Members
746 posts
8,338 battles

Sunray in the Darkness

After numerous attempts too many to count LOL yesterday l hit pay dirt! To the guys on that team many thanx o7.

 

AND for wow factor l was playing my DD in  that battle l only played it a few times.

shot-17.10.30_15.50.51-0177.jpg

Edited by Furysghost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,225
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,231 posts
9,665 battles

Probably the best result I'll ever get in this event

 

zb9TZd8.jpg

LH9wWK4.jpg

4FLPZzo.jpg

 

All we needed is at least 2 BBs in the filth causing chaos and dealing damage plus getting the aggro while the other ships out of the filth can just pick off the near dead ships.

 

Then ram the Rasputin and Gorgon once they appear with the 2 BB's already in the filth.

 

We even managed to keep the first tower from falling till the last 30 sec of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
725
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
9,404 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

Probably the best result I'll ever get in this event

 

zb9TZd8.jpg

LH9wWK4.jpg

4FLPZzo.jpg

 

All we needed is at least 2 BBs in the filth causing chaos and dealing damage plus getting the aggro while the other ships out of the filth can just pick off the near dead ships.

 

Then ram the Rasputin and Gorgon once they appear with the 2 BB's already in the filth.

 

We even managed to keep the first tower from falling till the last 30 sec of the game.

Did that CV drive into filth and died?

Edited by NeutralState

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×