You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralMudkip

So Where Is the USN CV Rework?

29 comments in this topic

[NLIST]
Members
618 posts
8,201 battles

I need to bring this up again (even though I'm getting notoriety for parroting the same thing again and again).

Two more months until 2017 rolls over to 2018 and at one point, the devs stated that they intended to make sure that the USN CV balance comes before the end of the year. Sadly, I don't remember when/where they said it, but it was likely in one of the Q&A's. This also includes the introduction of AP bombs to all tech ships in the USN CV line. However, with WG's previous statement that 2016 was going to be the year for CV's, I can't be too sure on how credible their words are anymore.

The CV rework as a whole is going to come in much much later so no comment on that one.

But with the year coming to an end and the USN CV ships being near god-awful, when will it come? Also, how is the line going to be balanced when at its current state, they cannot scout for the enemy as the IJN CV's, they cannot influence as much as its Japanese counterparts, and the dive bombers are unreliable at best?

Edited by AdmiralMudkip
  • Cool 3

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's not happening. Squadron numbers is clearly superior to squadron size, but I don't expect to see anything happen along those lines.

[APEZ]
Members
2,516 posts
8,824 battles

As a stop gap they should replace 202 with  211 to at least give a semi balanced build to Ranger and Lexi

• Cool 4

[NUWES]
Members
3,243 posts
11,552 battles

I believe one of the reddit threads mentioned something about the CVs for the end of this year, but we haven't seen any hint yet. 

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,063 battles

They said in Reddit that it's taking longer than originally thought and is pushed to 2018.

I think it was @Sub_Octavian who said so. May be he'll come in and give some info.

[5IN]
Members
2,106 posts
10,151 battles
5 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

They said in Reddit that it's taking longer than originally thought and is pushed to 2018.

I think it was @Sub_Octavian who said so. May be he'll come in and give some info.

I wish they would put out statements here instead of other social media outlets like Reddit (ugh), Facebook, etc.  

Personally, I cant stand Reddit (more for the format than anything else), and I dont use Facebook...

B

• Cool 1

[NLIST]
Members
618 posts
8,201 battles
8 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

The big CV rework is going to be pushed to 2018, but the USN loadout rework is something else and they said that they're bent on making sure it comes out at 2017. I just don't know when it's going to happen. 

[BOTES]
Members
2,226 posts
8,498 battles

It's never going to happen, just like havok physics in WoT. They're treating CV like arty. There won't be any more CV premiums and they'll leave the line untouched for years until the server is down to 5k peak. The subsequent rework will exacerbate problems even more than before, thus ending the game.

Members
909 posts
6,198 battles
13 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

As a stop gap they should replace 202 with  211 to at least give a semi balanced build to Ranger and Lexi

I agree completely giving lex the one torp bomber would make her more on par with her ijn counterpart in my opinion. 

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,063 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralMudkip said:

The big CV rework is going to be pushed to 2018, but the USN loadout rework is something else and they said that they're bent on making sure it comes out at 2017. I just don't know when it's going to happen. 

Judging by their work on the Kaga, Enterprise, and Graf Zepplin it will either be completely OP, good, but frustrating to play, or so bad you could have come up with a better design in less than 15 minutes.

[NLIST]
Members
618 posts
8,201 battles
10 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Judging by their work on the Kaga, Enterprise, and Graf Zepplin it will either be completely OP, good, but frustrating to play, or so bad you could have come up with a better design in less than 15 minutes.

I'll take the first two over the third one. The Graf Zeppelin was a big disaster when they first released it. Now I felt like the vision for the GZ is utterly directionless. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,724 posts
12,924 battles
23 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

I wish they would put out statements here instead of other social media outlets like Reddit (ugh), Facebook, etc.  

Personally, I cant stand Reddit (more for the format than anything else), and I dont use Facebook...

B

I can't decide if I would rather be caught on Reddit or Stormfront. Both have useful information in some places, but I sure as heck am not gonna actually participate in the discussions there. Lurk for what info you need and GTFO. 

[BOTES]
Members
2,226 posts
8,498 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralMudkip said:

I'll take the first two over the third one. The Graf Zeppelin was a big disaster when they first released it. Now I felt like the vision for the GZ is utterly directionless. 

Their vision for the entire CV class is directionless. Right now, the IJN national flavor is cross drops while the USN flavor is asking yourself why you aren't playing IJN. They have no considerable advantages other than clicking and DB damage, which isn't even the point of DBs (despite being more effective irl).

Larger fighter groups don't matter in the strafing meta. Differences in soft stats are negligible. The only half decent loadout for USN is Midway's 2/1/2 and that still underperforms in wins, damage, kills and shoot downs. Also, USN must take CE while IJN can forgo it. Not that skills matter much past the first 10 points on CV, but it allows IJN to improve their survivability while USN cannot from T8-10.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,935 posts
26,464 battles
34 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

I wish Bogue had a 1-0-2 option; at least then she could scout better than the 1-1-0 and at least pretend to be able to DoT.

Would be nice to see a 2-1-1 on the mentioned ships.

48 minutes ago, AdmiralMudkip said:

But with the year coming to an end and the USN CV ships being near god-awful, when will it come? Also, how is the line going to be balanced when at its current state, they cannot scout for the enemy as the IJN CV's, they cannot influence as much as its Japanese counterparts, and the dive bombers are unreliable at best?

My greatest irritation with dive bombers is getting a raft of module damage and no real damage; that doesn't save you from a destroyer, and sure doesn't save an ally you're attempting to help against whatever is attacking them. A single bomb hit, or a minimum of one bomb hit out of several, should ALWAYS be staight damage, and not garbage hits that do nothing to help long term.

Such fun to watch three entire DB squads attempt to smash a DD and basically get nothing for the effort.

• Cool 1

Members
650 posts
1,842 battles
56 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Same place the buff for 5"/38 armed DDs is. 

"We lowered the citadel on the Iowa and Montana this year, didn't we? That's all the buffs USN gets for a while. Damn entitled Americanski."

[NSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,304 posts
9,284 battles
46 minutes ago, awildseaking said:

It's never going to happen, just like havok physics in WoT. They're treating CV like arty. There won't be any more CV premiums and they'll leave the line untouched for years until the server is down to 5k peak. The subsequent rework will exacerbate problems even more than before, thus ending the game.

HAVOK is finally getting into WoT...5 years after it was first teased and promised.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,753 posts
15,295 battles

The least cynical thought I have is that Graf Zeppelin was pulled for a crowd-sourced rebalancing on 26 August it would have been sensible for WG to put other carrier re-balance on hold until that is completed.

As the GZ remains in test, and as WG may be getting some useful feedback and data from the process I would expect it to be soon.

Members
483 posts
4,154 battles
1 hour ago, awildseaking said:

But havok physics just came out on the WoT sandbox server...

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles

Why do CV players think that WG has the slightest idea on how to fix carriers?

Beta Testers
653 posts
13,839 battles

Where are CV rework in general. This year's CV is actually worse than last year. "Year of the CV" totally. 

• Cool 1

[BONKS]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
7,065 battles

You actually think they will rework USN CVs? When they've fully admitted they spent the last 2 years ignoring carriers completely?