You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

Hording Rustless Fire camo and Dragon flag

20 comments in this topic

[F-N-S]
Members
572 posts
21,500 battles

Do you have this habit to hord Rustless Fire camo (250% captain xp) and Dragon flag (300% captain xp)?

I find this funny that I am very reluctant to use them... 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I'm the same way because I never know when they'll be available again...

[RCNW3]
Members
2,002 posts
26,531 battles

Flags are to use.... Red Dragon flags have helped on my crappy NO grind, Dragon flag for com exp useful on ships where you want to make some progress - I try to be careful, use on ships that I perform better on or ones that I really hate to try to speed the grind.  Have been using the credits flag on my Missouri and have quite a few games earning over 1 million credits.  Trying to use them to leverage my Premium time ( which is running out).

• Cool 1

[WAP]
Members
477 posts
28,043 battles

nope... use them...they have no value sitting in port.  Trust me WG will sell more.  Put them on 19 point capts now and Pharm elite commander xp

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

They make sense to use at high tier when there are xp bonus events going on to farm crazy amounts of elite commander xp.

Members
1,655 posts
11,973 battles

I'm closing in on my first 19pt commander.   Definitely using them to hasten the grind.  Once at 19, I'll keep using the flags to build elite XP to leverage on other captains to get them to 19.

• Cool 1

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
11 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

They make sense to use at high tier when there are xp bonus events going on to farm crazy amounts of elite commander xp.

Yup, I was running every commander XP bonus flag I could get my hands on playing Halloween Pt.2. (no 19-pointers yet)

Didn't do it for Pt.1 because T3 doesn't award enough XP.

Members
1,369 posts
3,667 battles

I only use them on my best ships with my best captains to maximize elite captain XP.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
2,642 posts
7,936 battles

My advice: horde them until double xp weekends or events then use them all for the first victories (they all stack and a decent win can pick up 30k elite xp per 100% win)

Members
509 posts
14,519 battles
15 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

My advice: horde them until double xp weekends or events then use them all for the first victories (they all stack and a decent win can pick up 30k elite xp per 100% win)

I've tested this idea, doesn't work that way.  it goes off the base exp you get (premium time has the normal effect).   The x2/x3 doesn't add more.  Since it is still 250% or 333% more off of the base exp of a battle.  so a 1k exp win is 2.5k and 3.3k bonus commander exp.  it is added to the x2 and x3 only becuase normal exp also gives commander exp.  So it looks more, but the benefit is the same any day of the week.

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles
42 minutes ago, shoy07 said:

nope... use them...they have no value sitting in port.  Trust me WG will sell more.  Put them on 19 point capts now and Pharm elite commander xp

Same thing I do. Gets my captains up quicker.

[HINON]
Members
2,642 posts
7,936 battles
16 minutes ago, Valdez_Raptor said:

I've tested this idea, doesn't work that way.  it goes off the base exp you get (premium time has the normal effect).   The x2/x3 doesn't add more.  Since it is still 250% or 333% more off of the base exp of a battle.  so a 1k exp win is 2.5k and 3.3k bonus commander exp.  it is added to the x2 and x3 only becuase normal exp also gives commander exp.  So it looks more, but the benefit is the same any day of the week.

8oqJy44.jpg

*looks at XP breakdown*

hmm, so you seem to be correct... though the 100% bonus stacks into the ship's bonuses section. the 2nd part of my advice still stands, equip all the flags and camos if you're XP farming, don't use them separately.

Edited by 212thAttackBattalion

Members
509 posts
14,519 battles
17 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

8oqJy44.jpg

*looks at XP breakdown*

hmm, so you seem to be correct... though the 100% bonus stacks into the ship's bonuses section. the 2nd part of my advice still stands, equip all the flags and camos if you're XP farming, don't use them separately.

Now when it comes to FREE EXP farming, those do stack with the x2/x3 weekends and those are well worth stacking up and hoarding for...  10-15k free exp wins... are glorious.

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles
1 hour ago, USSRichardNixon said:

Do you have this habit to hord Rustless Fire camo (250% captain xp) and Dragon flag (300% captain xp)?

I find this funny that I am very reluctant to use them... 

55 minutes ago, CombatBoss said:

I save extra XP and Credits cammo and flags, for Events which require them.

I play mostly PvE and save the flags and camo for PvP games or the scenarios.

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

Once I get a captain to an acceptable level for playing at mid-high tiers (10-14 points, depending), I tend not to load that captain up with captain xp bonus items until he is on his final ship, because the more advanced the captain the greater the retraining cost.  As a result, I often end up hoarding dragon and restless fire as well - I think I currently have about 250 of the first and 100 of the second, plus about 20 more FTW camo (great at top tiers) in addition.

[SCCC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,004 posts
23,492 battles

Horde them until double xp weekends or events. Then use them all. 

Restless fire, dragon, hydra, red dragon, etc.

40 to 50k captain xp. Its awesome to get more elite xp or train up a captain that is close. I save the FTW camo for weekends in my fiji and belfast just to fast more elite xp.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
1 hour ago, Valdez_Raptor said:

I do that though. I realise that the bonuses aren't multiplicative, but I hate grinding, so when I do, I want maximum gains at the same time.