You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

Halloween five star...

31 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
14,843 posts
26,354 battles

Followed some of this advice from another vid; but in all the times I played the Halloween mode; NONE of the teams ever managed to kill both boss ships; NONE of them ever managed to keep all three towers; and NONE of them ever managed to five star.

Most of the wins I was a part of the casualties were so bad it came down to the CV player spamming Eclipse at the end to keep the bad guys from shooting up the second or the last tower.

Hooray for completely random teams; since none of my mates were on when I was playing...

Vid by 'He who shall not be named?'

Spoiler

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,347 battles

Haven't seen you when I've been trying to play this either... still looking for a fifth star on NA. I've had one or two close ones where I felt like I coulda carried it and just derped at the last second... one game I missed ramming the Gorgon when a bot took out my steering and I didn't notice until it was too late :Smile_facepalm:

I swear the Asia server peeps are better than us at this: I've gotten a five there with half as many games and probably won a larger percentage too :Smile_sceptic:

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

I managed 5 star on random team and  with clan division of 7.   clan div was quite easy to get 5 star once everyone learned their role.  (took couple tries)       with random, it is very tough to get more than 4.   you really need some help either from  gorgon that comes out or CV/BB division that knows what it is doing  to kill it in the filth.     4 star was fairly common for me in my cruiser in random.

asians tend to figure things out quick, so they do well in set scenarios but less flexible in random.

[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,412 posts
15,513 battles

The only match I was on the winning team, 2 stars, boxes not received at all. I tried it just now, aaaaaand, AFK BB, the other BBs split up and didn't heal anyone, the CV player neither healed nor eclipsed at all. I had not enough daily reports to catch the stupid. 

7 tries, one tiny success, without rewards. ugly. 

Edited by LancerUlysses

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I've tried so hard to follow chases advice, which is actually pretty solid, but the teams I'm on are just.... mother of god...

Lets just say, the things I want to call the teams I've had would get me perma banned from the forums instantly. xD

[RLGN]
Members
14,843 posts
26,354 battles
21 minutes ago, Beornotns said:

Still only managed 3 stars...

My apologies; best I've ever done is four stars; I posted the vid because it's the first time I've atually SEEN a five-star game; though others have mentioned them here in the forums.

6 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

7 tries, one tiny success, without rewards. ugly. 

15 games personally; nine wins; a 1 star, 3/4 split between 2-3 stars, and the one 4 star... and like I said; several were desperation wins because the CV could keep the bad guys from shooting up the towers at the end with Eclipse.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,843 posts
26,354 battles
4 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I've tried so hard to follow chases advice, which is actually pretty solid, but the teams I'm on are just.... mother of god...

Yeah; some of the teams in the losses melted so fast...

I think one game that was a loss the Transylvania and I were the only ones left...(I played the CV that game.)

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Have yet to see more than 4 stars (and why does the Transylvania suddenly turn and head into the filth in some matches?). The only games that came close to 5 stars all came down to the fact that we couldn't kill the gorgon. In the Filth it regenerates too fast, and by the time it comes out too many teammates are already dead.

After literally dozens of tries, I'm of the opinion that 5 stars is unobtainable except thru pure luck or an entire team of division mates on comms.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,277 posts
10,382 battles

I am stuck on four-stars myself.  I'm about to start begging for a pre-made team to keep plugging at it until we can get five.

[MEOWZ]
Members
57 posts
2,630 battles

Pubbies are Soooo bad at this game/mode. 

I got 3 stars last night with just my BB and 1 other BB, the rest of the noobs were dead before the first tower was destroyed.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles
1 hour ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Lets just say, the things I want to call the teams I've had would get me perma banned from the forums instantly. xD

Which is why WG is sometimes referred to as WF. So many battles are auto-fails due to how the MM builds the teams.

The only difference between blow out losses & blow out wins is the taste that is left in the mouth.

The win doesn't taste bad but it is the same turd as the loss (simply and only because it was a win).

Members
2,709 posts
17,046 battles

Doing this really helped get 5 stars.

@centarina was positioned well to help tag team the Gorgon (CV), while the rest of the team took out Rasputin. That proved to be the key for us.

operation.PNG

Edited by sbcptnitro

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

I just saw a game where someone did kill gorgon in filth singlehandely, he parked his cruiser to the rear of the gorgon, launching torps off both sides as they reloaded, shooting down her planes as she launched them, and actually managed to kill it... unfortunately match ended with only 1 star because our CV headed straight into filth and was the first ship dead.

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,089 posts
3,951 battles

Played 4 times, managed 1 victory (a 3 star) and every other match was a fail.

[RLGN]
Members
14,843 posts
26,354 battles
2 hours ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

unfortunately match ended with only 1 star because our CV headed straight into filth and was the first ship dead.

I seriously don't understand why CV drivers do this... Are there really that many potato CV drivers? Or non CV drivers who yolo just to promote CV hate?

Th vid I watched before playing the game, the CV driver reversed course, and spent the game moving 'north' between 1/4 and 3/4 speed in order to keep just ahead of the filth and far enough away the bad guys didn't focus him. Every time I played the CV I did that and don't think I ever died, even in the losses... (I might have died once, can't remember; though several times the team died so fast the Gorgon decided there wasn't anyone else left worth attacking...

...usually shot things up as much as the Gorgon shot my planes up, but it was annoying as heck... Wish the Eclipse worked against the planes...)

typo

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,457 battles

I gave up about the 5th star. I had a few games coming close to it but lately I meet tons of terrible CV that didn’t read what they can do with their consumables, sit still at the spawn or committed suicide by sailing straight into the enemy (3 cases). The later are trolls/griefer that get their fun by spoiling other peoples games because they know that you are f..ked without a CV. Add that the players that sail all the time into the smoke or yolo off and yes your chances are extremely low to finish with 5 stars.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

once you get past first 3-4 days,  your chance gets lower as most of the better players have gotten the 5 star and have quit playing.   first 3 days were very easy to find decent team and get 4 stars for me.    I pretty much stopped playing it as well.    if you want 5 star, you will want to create a division with known players.    start a forum thread and see  if you can get it done.    there are players willing to help others get 4 or more stars.  

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,051 battles

4 stars a few times.  But the other times, 2 stars and such.  Try to type in chat to carriers what twilight does, none of them seem to use it.

Members
5,408 posts
10,437 battles

After lots of tries I finally got 5 stars recently with a random team.  IT is very difficult to get 5 stars and one morning I got as 4 star in my first game of the day.  I gave up several times on teh 5 star but then respecc'd the captain and BB and randomly retried till I got the one team.  I don't even know when the 2 bosses spawned but rather than being a hectic mess it was almost casual and I barely used my consumables.

[TF-64]
Members
548 posts
19,563 battles

Just pulled a 4 star. I ended up being the close one to the great gorgon so i smashed him up. Was using the Svyatozar and used the rapid fire consumable 2 or 3 times on him. Ended up sinking him only to see tower 2 fall. Have to admit I was so focused on keeping the gorgon burning that I don't know what happened. Did get my highest damage so far too, 1.12 mil. Once you get over 400k that rapid fire goes crazy. Makes my second 4 star. 

[EULA]
Members
294 posts
896 battles

already 5 stars with help of some random competent players
still solo 5 star is doable
I just pulled 4 star solo win carry out there

shot-17.10.28_20.30.26-0807.jpg

shot-17.10.28_20.30.29-0079.jpg

meanwhile on Asia, I have half of the time pulling 4 star operations

Edited by New_Horizontal

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,231 posts
9,671 battles

I also got a 5 star with complete random players with no division of any sort

All we did was have two BB's play around in the filth dealing all the damage and getting all the aggro while the players outside of it pick off the low health targets and hanged around the 1st tower.

Both bosses got sunk rather quickly as the two BBs (myself included) were in position to ram them.

Even the 1st tower survived till the last 30 sec of the timer

LH9wWK4.jpg

4FLPZzo.jpg

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,669 posts

Finally, I got a most excellent team. We were so close to getting 5 stars but unfortunately the second tower fell. To show how good the team was, I had almost 600k damage and 7 kills with the CV but only came in third on the team.

shot-17.10.31_13.56.21-0227.jpg

shot-17.10.31_13.56.29-0555.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle