You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bl4ckBaron

Congratulations WG! Halloween Event is AWESOME!

11 comments in this topic

[JOLLY]
[JOLLY]
Alpha Tester
569 posts
5,063 battles

Dear WG,

Please send my regards and warmest congratulations to your development and supertesters teams for making and testing such a fun and entertaining event.

Ships design and lore: Awesome!

Captains design and lore: Awesome!

Bots behavior and AI: Awesome!

Special consumables: Awesome!

Battles unfolding: Awesome!

XP and credits: Awesome!

Container rewards: Too few and not up to the legendary event you created, lets the whole event a bit down.

All-in-All: Awesome event that makes your costumers happy. Mission accomplished. BRAVO ZULU!

Thanks and best regards.

P.S.- Can we keep the captains after Halloween? I am in love with all of them, besides the fact that they are 19 points of course. And they are 7 captains for 7 nations on the tech tree, wink, wink..:)

Edited by Bl4ckBaron
  • Cool 1

[JOLLY]
[JOLLY]
Alpha Tester
569 posts
5,063 battles

Well, WG is smart about making money. A lot of players will only have the Halloween 19 captains and if they are tied to each of the tech tree nations, the players will need to use a fair amount of doubloons to move the 19 points captain from ship to ship and retrain them...

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

last year i had to have played the event over 100 times because it was both fun and rewarding. this year, there's only so many unique rewards that come with it. i don't feel like i'm missing anything after i've gotten the stars because i can get xp and credits in normal battles, and i can have fun doing other things. that's the biggest let down this year for me. there's not even a daily repeatable mission. just a one off.

i'm not opposed to them selling the containers. but the fact that they only let us earn 5 (with no other rewards) makes me feel like they let greed get in the way and took a wrong turn with the planning of this event. at least give us a daily camo mission or something. keep us coming back for more, not leave us with a feeling of "this is it?"

the mission is great. good fun, good visuals, etc. but the execution is all off.

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles
5 hours ago, Bl4ckBaron said:

Dear WG,

Please send my regards and warmest congratulations to your development and supertesters teams for making and testing such a fun and entertaining event.

Ships design and lore: Awesome!

Captains design and lore: Awesome!

Bots behavior and AI: Awesome!

Special consumables: Awesome!

Battles unfolding: Awesome!

XP and credits: Awesome!

Container rewards: Too few and not up to the legendary event you created, lets the whole event a bit down.

All-in-All: Awesome event that makes your costumers happy. Mission accomplished. BRAVO ZULU!

Thanks and best regards.

P.S.- Can we keep the captains after Halloween? I am in love with all of them, besides the fact that they are 19 points of course. And they are 7 captains for 7 nations on the tech tree, wink, wink..:)

Yea I gotta agree with this, it was a lot of fun. Got some Camos, Credits and one of the special Camo - for the Chapayev.

Over all I enjoyed it a lot.

Captains - Yea I would not mind maybe seeing them (10pt version) in a Pumpkin Chests or if as an star award.    

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,309 posts
23,743 battles
3 hours ago, MidnightShamalan said:

last year i had to have played the event over 100 times because it was both fun and rewarding. this year, there's only so many unique rewards that come with it. i don't feel like i'm missing anything after i've gotten the stars because i can get xp and credits in normal battles, and i can have fun doing other things. that's the biggest let down this year for me. there's not even a daily repeatable mission. just a one off.

i'm not opposed to them selling the containers. but the fact that they only let us earn 5 (with no other rewards) makes me feel like they let greed get in the way and took a wrong turn with the planning of this event. at least give us a daily camo mission or something. keep us coming back for more, not leave us with a feeling of "this is it?"

the mission is great. good fun, good visuals, etc. but the execution is all off.

I agree, played the new mission maybe a dozen times (probably less) to get my four stars and haven't bothered with it since. Replay value to me is just low especially how small the payout is on a loss, not worth the effort. The addition of earning up to 3 camos per day is cute, but again not worth the time or effort. I too played probably a hundred times or more last year, this year it is just "meh". 

[BUOY]
Members
1,103 posts
15,275 battles

While the rewards just aren't there to keep me grinding the new scenario over and over again like last year, I must say I REALLY enjoyed the dozen times I did play it and give WG 5 stars for making it so fun and thematic! :cap_like:

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,272 posts
6,174 battles

One draw back to this event is that it got a couple songs stuck in my head.

Spoiler

Spoiler

[JOLLY]
[JOLLY]
Alpha Tester
569 posts
5,063 battles
9 hours ago, MidnightShamalan said:

The meager rewards are the only letdown of a great event.

I wonder why people spend so much time and effort doing something awesome to spoil perfection with a minor detail.

[AFW-]
Members
972 posts
11 hours ago, mohawkdriver said:

WG letting us keep 19-point Captains?  I think you have a better chance of seeing Jesus.

^^

this.