You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Zoidian

ARP ships accurate model

13 comments in this topic

[-00-]
Members
87 posts
4,418 battles

For ARP lovers (like myself) the fact we can play this ships in the game is a nice gift, however, the work put in it is barely perceptible, it´s only an unaccurate texture over the same tech tree´s kongo. I suggest a revision to the textures, make them more accurate with all the diffent colors, and features from the manga and anime models, such as the boosters insted of the 1900´s propellers. I think these are minor modifications to the 3d models on the game that will make ARP ships more pleasing to the eye. 138492053184239928226_arupejio0308.thumb.jpg.73a3f28cebfe081d43cf1ef6038fa73d.jpg

Kirishima2_s2.png

sshot-2.jpg

Edited by Zoidian
  • Cool 4

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

Unfortunately, the ARP collaboration contract expired last year. It's unlikely that Wargaming will go back and do something like this, when they have other things to do. 

However, I'm sure you could mod these changes in on a personal basis.   

• Cool 2

[UDEAD]
Members
708 posts
7,500 battles

I'd rather just see all anime [edited] taken out of the game. I've got it all turned off. Not sure why anyone would want to advertise for cartoons which display characters who are meant to portray under age chicks in sketchy clothing doing suggestive acts but whatever...you do you. I'll just turn it all off.

[CTF38]
[CTF38]
Members
4,535 posts
14,001 battles
2 hours ago, Zoidian said:

For ARP lovers (like myself) the fact we can play this ships in the game is a nice gift, however, the work put in it is barely perceptible, it´s only an unaccurate texture over the same tech tree´s kongo. I suggest a revision to the textures, make them more accurate with all the diffent colors, and features from the manga and anime models, such as the boosters insted of the 1900´s propellers. I think these are minor modifications to the 3d models on the game that will make ARP ships more pleasing to the eye. 138492053184239928226_arupejio0308.thumb.jpg.73a3f28cebfe081d43cf1ef6038fa73d.jpg

Kirishima2_s2.png

sshot-2.jpg

I like this art much better than what we're seeing with the current ARP ships.  I only wish there were more scantily clad school girls running around the decks.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,425 battles

It would be nice to get a better model, but I'm just here for the captain voices :Smile_teethhappy:

Letting me use the captains on standard IJN ships is the best thing to happen this year :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[-00-]
Members
87 posts
4,418 battles
8 hours ago, pikohan said:

It would be nice to get a better model, but I'm just here for the captain voices :Smile_teethhappy:

Letting me use the captains on standard IJN ships is the best thing to happen this year :Smile_honoring:

That´s true, however, I have to add to this topic Kirishima´s voice (not Yotaroh the teddy bear) which is missing and replaced with Iona´s one, I don´t understand why they just don´t fix this, there is no need for a new contract whatsoever, just make it the same as Yotaroh.

Edited by Zoidian

[-00-]
Members
87 posts
4,418 battles

cI9AG6t.jpg

12 hours ago, RivertheRoyal said:

Unfortunately, the ARP collaboration contract expired last year. It's unlikely that Wargaming will go back and do something like this, when they have other things to do. 

However, I'm sure you could mod these changes in on a personal basis.   

I think there is no need for a new contract, after seen what they have done with hallowen ships, and camouflage shifting parts (like Kii´s superstructure), it´s clear to me that adding or switching parts in existing models has become an easy task for the modelling department.

Edited by Zoidian

[-00-]
Members
87 posts
4,418 battles
10 hours ago, mohawkdriver said:

I like this art much better than what we're seeing with the current ARP ships.  I only wish there were more scantily clad school girls running around the decks.

As I posted above, adding a "mental model" on top of the superstructure would be easy for WG modeing team nowadays. And it´d be sooooo nice!  Just imagine the prossesing ring stuff around them :Smile_smile:

Edited by Zoidian
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles
Just now, Zoidian said:

I think there is no need for a new contract, after seen what they have done with hallowen ships, and camouflage shifting parts (like Kii´s superstructure), it´s clear to me that adding or sitching parts in existing models has become an easy task for the modelling department.

It's not easy for them. It took months to bring together all that was needed for the halloween missions, and there was an incentive to be had from it. Now that the contract's expired for the ARP ships however, they aren't being paid for any changes or additions to ships which were essentially given out for free. Then, the largest issue is that the ships are already "good enough". We can all tell what they are, and they are unique enough to distinguish them from other ships of the same type. 

They aren't going to go back and change them, even if some details are missing or incorrect. There's no reason to anymore.  

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,074 battles
12 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

Oh come on River, don't be so pessimistic (if also correct), you never know. If they do a rewrite of the anime to fit the very good manga we might see them come back. Heck we can have more ships as well  like Lexington, Atago, Maya (with actual mental model if still crazy), Repulse, Nagato, Vampire, Yukikaze and more.

• Cool 1

[-00-]
Members
87 posts
4,418 battles
16 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

It's not easy for them. It took months to bring together all that was needed for the halloween missions, and there was an incentive to be had from it. Now that the contract's expired for the ARP ships however, they aren't being paid for any changes or additions to ships which were essentially given out for free. Then, the largest issue is that the ships are already "good enough". We can all tell what they are, and they are unique enough to distinguish them from other ships of the same type. 

They aren't going to go back and change them, even if some details are missing or incorrect. There's no reason to anymore.  

Incentive is to incentivade an importan playing community to keep on playing. When I go and play my ARP Kirishima always find 1 or 2 ARP ships per side, sometimes even more, actually not having at least one ARP ship in a battle is rare, so for WG to keep those costumers happy and buying doodloons and premium acount is enough incentive from my perspective. And again this are really minor changes, I have done some moddeling before and a can say this would´t take more than a day or two to model, not much more to fix textures, only the integration on the game´s core is outside my knowledge, but couldn´t be that hard, as I said before, it has become common practice in WoWs

Edited by Zoidian

-Members-
1,542 posts
26 battles
On 30/10/2017 at 4:25 AM, Zoidian said:

Kirishima2_s2.png

sshot-2.jpg

These are gorgeous @Zoidian, love them!

• Cool 1