Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Zoidian

Izumo 360° turret # 2

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

48
[-00-]
Members
87 posts
4,418 battles

My suggestion is simple: Izumo has turret n° 2 higher mounted than the others, so why it doesn´t rotate 360° ?  when switching side both turret n°1 & n°3 will make the long way if nessesary because of the n°2 turret barbet, but n°2 has nothing on it´s way, yet it makes the long way along turret n°1. So, just make it a 360° turret, that way Izumo will be less of a pain to play in the road to Yamato.

...and please... please, that superstructure! please!

 

...or change it for Musashi : )suYmljn.jpg

Edited by Zoidian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,275
[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

You Need more than just some empty space to make turrets go 360°. For example the rear turrets on the Königsberg-class could only traverse 360° into each direction (so a total turning capability of 720°, then it's over). You have cables in the turret ring, and at some Point those cables reach their Limits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[-00-]
Members
87 posts
4,418 battles
3 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

You Need more than just some empty space to make turrets go 360°. For example the rear turrets on the Königsberg-class could only traverse 360° into each direction (so a total turning capability of 720°, then it's over). You have cables in the turret ring, and at some Point those cables reach their Limits.

That is true... for a real ship, but this is a paper ship, it was never built ( I am sure this isn´t new for you), so I think that wouldn´t be a limitation, also, if they were going to built her, they were very likely to have device a way around it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,275
[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, Zoidian said:

That is true... for a real ship, but this is a paper ship, it was never built ( I am sure this isn´t new for you), so I think that wouldn´t be a limitation, also, if they were going to built her, they were very likely to have device a way around it.

 

Nelson has a similar design and was actually build. Her #2 turret is in an identical situation than the one on Izumo. Yet it could only turn 165°t o each side, so in total 330°. Turrets of that size are not meant to be 360°, and the technical limitations on the Königsberg class shows that you can't really go larger than 6inches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[-00-]
Members
87 posts
4,418 battles
2 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

 

Nelson has a similar design and was actually build. Her #2 turret is in an identical situation than the one on Izumo. Yet it could only turn 165°t o each side, so in total 330°. Turrets of that size are not meant to be 360°, and the technical limitations on the Königsberg class shows that you can't really go larger than 6inches.

Anyways, this is a game, not a simulation, our floatplanes lands on the catapult, and our torpedoes are reloaded at any traverse angle, making Izumo´s and Nelson´s turret n°2 360° is not that of a big issue, just making the gameplay more pleasing

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
280
[PVE]
Members
1,094 posts
9,416 battles

I assumed that it was a 360. Nelson's also because this is a game. Obviously I have never played them.

l also thought Roon's rear turrets might go 360 because Nurnberg's do, but but honestly even though I would love my Roon with 360 turrets I really don't want to face any of them with that. She has enough power, maybe Izumo is the same way and would OP with a 360 turret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[-00-]
Members
87 posts
4,418 battles
On 5/11/2017 at 10:34 AM, MasterDiggs said:

I assumed that it was a 360. Nelson's also because this is a game. Obviously I have never played them.

l also thought Roon's rear turrets might go 360 because Nurnberg's do, but but honestly even though I would love my Roon with 360 turrets I really don't want to face any of them with that. She has enough power, maybe Izumo is the same way and would OP with a 360 turret.

I can´t see how this would make Izumo OP, she actually has a big problem with her layout, she cannot fire backwards, a 360° turret #2 is only to mitigate that painfull fact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
280
[PVE]
Members
1,094 posts
9,416 battles

Getting the guns on target that much faster might raise her dpm a bit too noticeably. I can see it being possible but who knows it could make it just right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[-00-]
Members
87 posts
4,418 battles
21 hours ago, MasterDiggs said:

Getting the guns on target that much faster might raise her dpm a bit too noticeably. I can see it being possible but who knows it could make it just right.

It is meant to contrarest the angling needed to fire to a target located behind you. Since Izumo CANNOT fire bacwards like everybody else, except for Nelson, another subject to this modification.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[-00-]
Members
87 posts
4,418 battles
16 hours ago, LastSamurai714 said:

Izumo is a piece of crap for more reasons than the turret.

lol. I feel identified

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
27 posts
2,450 battles

I find a lot of issues when playing Izumo but the lack of a rear turret really isn't one of them. So rare it comes up in an actual game, and even rarer it comes up in a situation when her lethal secondaries don't make up for the blind spot.

 

I'd rather they lower that stupid raised mid deck so she doesn't have a giant section of her side armor that's 32mm.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
491 posts

Nothing will help this steaming pile of garbage except a total rebuild, preferably deletion from the game and replacement with something half decent. It has ineffectual guns (5 hits for 3000 Damage, no bounces or overpens are common). Slow, turns like a cruise ship. Absolute garbage. I thought the t-22 was shite until I met the Izumo. The Izzy makes the T22 look like a Unicum factory.

 If I didn't know any better, I'd say they included the Izumo as a paywall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
27 posts
2,450 battles

Don't know what you're finding with the guns, they're fine from my playing. Solid damage, and actually not garbage muzzle velocity unlike the US counterpart. Izumo's guns are fine, weird layout notwithstanding. It's just everything else about the ship that's questionable.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[-00-]
Members
87 posts
4,418 battles
11 hours ago, n0z3k1ll3r said:

Don't know what you're finding with the guns, they're fine from my playing. Solid damage, and actually not garbage muzzle velocity unlike the US counterpart. Izumo's guns are fine, weird layout notwithstanding. It's just everything else about the ship that's questionable.

At least most of us converge at something: this ship is wrong, i have being thinking and researching and I found the Ise class BBs, now I belive Ise class fits at tier 7, without their Battlecarrier mombojombo convertion of course, and move up one tier Nagato and Amagi while balancing them up a little.

WABQY5n.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×