You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MzFortune2001

Looking for my place

131 comments in this topic

Members
566 posts
2,155 battles

Just an observation from, the crazy girl. Been spending time over on the Asia server in Japanese forum. Hoping to find a place where I would fit in better. In my humble opinion, this

forum is a friendlier place. The language here is difficult for me and I do not understand most of the teasing or insults to me, I think N/A is much easier on women and crazy people. and

59f6928142673_download(19).jpg.b004231ff91034d973d65222ee3d4336.jpg

• Cool 4

[SPTR]
Members
27,186 posts
16,907 battles

well Im glad you like it here Fortune, not best forum community out there but certainly not the worst or infamous imo

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles
17 minutes ago, MzFortune58 said:

Just an observation from, the crazy girl. Been spending time over on the Asia server in Japanese forum. Hoping to find a place where I would fit in better. In my humble opinion, this

forum is a friendlier place. The language here is difficult for me and I do not understand most of the teasing or insults to me, I think N/A is much easier on women and crazy people. and

Just ignore the teasing or insults.  Sometimes, I'd rather just play with chat completely disabled, both my team's and my own.  I'm glad you like it here.

• Cool 1

Members
566 posts
2,155 battles
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

Just ignore the teasing or insults.  Sometimes, I'd rather just play with chat completely disabled, both my team's and my own.  I'm glad you like it here.

Thank you Mr. Hawk I was not complaining think it is mostly done good fun not malicious. Was complimenting this community you are exceptional.  

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

Oh my, if we are better than I don't want to see what's worse. Glad your finding your self being comfortable here. 

Members
566 posts
2,155 battles
1 minute ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Oh my, if we are better than I don't want to see what's worse. Glad your finding your self being comfortable here. 

Learning to understand things and you have made an informative, entertaining and sometimes funny place. I know I don't always fit in or say correct things but I have fun here.

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
5,391 posts
17,897 battles

Different languages and customs can be hard but this is generally a friendly place. 

I'm sure you will figure it out.

Fw0uBeY.gif

Fair Seas and following winds captain, 

The Sinksalot Fleet salutes you. 

• Cool 1

Members
566 posts
2,155 battles
17 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Try Japanese forum sir, you will be surprised of aggressive nature. (well-meaning ) but more aggressive. 

Members
566 posts
2,155 battles

I do want to thank you all, did not know how so did this. Overall, I feel welcome and I am learning every time I visit her.If you can be patient I will eventually catch on (I hope). If anything else learning to look up word faster. do not always pick right definition which can be funny in of itself

14504766_624493371045311_4508496285224927232_n.jpg.4862220872af4b1a2c91c3a07870f049.jpg

Members
848 posts
6,063 battles

You're always welcome here. I too belong in the Asia server but I much prefer the NA community. (Having said that, I made my account before the SEA server even existed). Most of us are good people. Smooth sailing, Captain.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
4 hours ago, MzFortune58 said:

The language here is difficult for me and I do not understand most of the teasing or insults

In America, sometimes "insults" are terms of endearment among friends. Another area that I know non-Americans sometimes have trouble with are idioms. I've had students who came to my college from non-English speaking countries tell me that they understood all the words but they still had no idea what people were talking about. Americans use idioms a whole lot more than most of us realize.

:Smile_amazed: I heard that Jim really let the crap hit the fan; I think he is going to get his just desserts.

:fish_aqua: What goes around comes around.

:cap_cool: I'd put a boot in it because you two are dealing with a hot potato here and even if you're right I don't want you to let the cat out of the bag just yet.

:cap_old: You might be barking up the wrong tree, and I hear that one of you might have a horse in the race as well.

:Smile_amazed: Hey, don't try to pin it on me, that dog won't hunt.  

[KOHAI]
Members
1,694 posts
6,055 battles

Yeah this forum is pretty nice compared to some of the bigger forums out there,  sometimes it's even nicer than the new York Times comment section. 

Members
566 posts
2,155 battles
50 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

In America, sometimes "insults" are terms of endearment among friends. Another area that I know non-Americans sometimes have trouble with are idioms. I've had students who came to my college from non-English speaking countries tell me that they understood all the words but they still had no idea what people were talking about. Americans use idioms a whole lot more than most of us realize.

:Smile_amazed: I heard that Jim really let the crap hit the fan; I think he is going to get his just desserts.

:fish_aqua: What goes around comes around.

:cap_cool: I'd put a boot in it because you two are dealing with a hot potato here and even if you're right I don't want you to let the cat out of the bag just yet.

:cap_old: You might be barking up the wrong tree, and I hear that one of you might have a horse in the race as well.

:Smile_amazed: Hey, don't try to pin it on me, that dog won't hunt.  

As always Mr. Snarfargle, your light lessens the shadows of ignorance. Dought I will ever understand the intricacies of your strange and difficult language. I believe it would require a stay in your country a longer time then I am willing to at this time anyway. The lessons help and I learn but slowly. 

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, Supertester
949 posts
14,425 battles

This forum is a lot better than some of the others, I concur with the OP. A lot more friendlier and well intentioned.

Its great to read and see the passion from players.

Members
8 posts

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey MzFortune understand your are on the Asia server but if you ever play WOW's on the NA server you are invited to join clan tag: ODIN  also visit: www.odinclan.net   We are pretty crazy too.   

www.odinclan.net  

[YARRR]
Members
735 posts
5,955 battles

Thank you for spending time with us.

I know our two languages are so very different not just in structure, not to mention you have two alphabets, I cannot imagine writing in the kangi/haragana, and thinking in that visual system, then coming in here and dealing with our printed language, and then throw in all the cultural differences, but I'm glad you do.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,666 posts
9,285 battles
16 hours ago, MzFortune58 said:

Your English is better than a lot of the native speakers here lol.

And if you're crazy, you'll fit right in! :Smile_teethhappy:

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,009 posts
4,624 battles
16 hours ago, MzFortune58 said:

Is that a moldy potato ?

You are def most welcome here ! With the way you worded your post I think you will fit in just fine :)

Members
566 posts
2,155 battles

You are all very kind to me. For this I am thankful. I am learning very much from you and thank again for the kindness you have shown. Will try not to get off topic as before Mind wanders(crazy is no joke)

[CNO]
Members
6,074 posts
18,524 battles

On the NA server, you can always find your place in the world

because you're not alone.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,471 battles

Go to Black Desert online. Read through the forum. Join the game and read the ingame chat. After you did both for about one hour every other game forum/chat will feel civilized... 

and welcome to NA

[WOSV]
Members
595 posts
3,893 battles

Not to worry. Welcome to the American Forum. Land of the Freemium, Home of "Destroyers need a buff".

And don't worry about understanding the American Dialect of English. It can be quite... strange. Most Americans don't even know what they're saying either. (Coming from a Native English speaking American).