You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bull_Reeves

Should Colorado get a New Hull upgrade?

New hull? or No.  

37 members have voted

1. 1. New hull or no?

• Maryland Hull.
    • West virginia hull.
    • Nether keep colorado the same and save both for premiums.

17 comments in this topic

[KSD]
Members
228 posts
13,553 battles

In recent times the Colorado has been suffering Quite a bit from Power creep.

mostly in that it has the least HP (50,100) And now docent even have the best AA, (with Gniesenau taking that spot) and now unlike when it first came out it is no longer the best brawler.(Gneisenau taking that as well) So i was thinking they should remove the current B hull and replace it with the Maryland 1945 Hull, this would give it Even better AA along with more torpedo protection, Most noticeable change being the Removal of all the current secondary's in favor of 4X2 5-38's seen on Iowa/North Carolina/Alabama. it would also give it a higher HP pool due to a higher displacement to about 53,500 HP at least instead of the 50,100 seen now.

Another option would be the West Virginia 1945 Hull. this would be basically a Complete Rebuild of the colorado with it looking more like South Dakota then Colorado and would have basically the similar Specs to Maryland but with Even more AA and would have at least a 55% TDS but would go 2 knots slower at 19.5 knots.

but i feel that looks a bit too Different from the Normal Colorado and would work better as a premium tier 7,

pictures of both hulls can be seen below, top is Maryland bottom is West Virginia

TSM-5770.jpg

bb48-01.jpg

Edited by Joeycool90

[LEGIO]
Members
3,738 posts
10,875 battles

I'd go with the last hull being Maryland and leave West Virginia for an eventual premium.

I thought I'd read somewhere that West Virginia could manage 20.5 knots after modernization. Maybe I'm mistaken however.

• Cool 1

Members
848 posts
6,907 battles

While I do agree with M1A2 in that the West Virginia hull will most likely become a premium, I still think it's a much needed boost to the Colorado. I don't have her, so can anyone tell me what she is good at? She's miserably slow, out-AP performed by Nagato, out-HE performed by Nelson and the King, out-brawled by the German twins and out-AAed by Gneisenau. Does she have the strongest armour? It doesn't seem like it's worth all the other downsides. I think she should get the West Virginia hull as a top upgrade, and the modernised California-class should come out as a premium tier 7 - all but identical but with 12 x 14" guns instead. My AU$0.02.

• Cool 1

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Drop the current A hull. Make the current B hull the A hull. Then give Colorado either hull and a speed of 22 knots. She'll be more competitive, which isn't to say that she will actually be competitive, just less painful.

Alternatively, keep the current hull set up but when the B hull is purchased, give her a big sigma boost. That AP is painful when it hits. And WG likes to boost firepower rather than armor. 

Right now she's completely power creeped, and I'd rather be sitting in any other T7 BB than Colorado. 

• Cool 1

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
11,692 battles

They just need to separate old dreadnought type BBs from high speed later on BBs. Same for cruisers, separate treaty floating craps with newer cruisers. If they don't meet each other in MM, then they are all fine ships in their own period.

Members
3,243 posts
1,579 battles
6 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

They just need to separate old dreadnought type BBs from high speed later on BBs. Same for cruisers, separate treaty floating craps with newer cruisers. If they don't meet each other in MM, then they are all fine ships in their own period.

Mogami and Myokou would have a field day.

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,679 posts
4,052 battles
1 hour ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

I'd go with the last hull being Maryland and leave West Virginia for an eventual premium.

I thought I'd read somewhere that West Virginia could manage 20.5 knots after modernization. Maybe I'm mistaken however.

On that old near 15 page thread we had going on these hulls I was initially against it.

Now however with them having given the Gnei that insane DP 12.7cm gun setup, I'm now on board with West Virginia for the top hull and them making the Maryland the Premium (lets make the better one the tree ship and the slightly less one the Premium)

[DPG]
Members
73 posts
5,536 battles

I personally would like for it to receive a whole lot more HP. In it's current state, it has less HP than the Kongo, which is a tier 5 fast battleship. I feel like a sizable increase in HP combined with its improved heal would make the ship a lot more comfortable to play.

• Cool 1

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,673 posts
19,273 battles

Isn't the Colorados current A hull its old B hull?

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

Yeah we've been saying this for years: Colorado 1945 set up...but as it stands it doesn't really matter. Planes aren't THAT big of a threat and right now the 16 inch guns perform rather well...or so I've seen. The Maryland 1945 would be great without a doubt, but I doubt honestly we will ever see it. US Battleships that aren't clones of already existing premiums get basically no love...so yeah.

[WPS]
Beta Testers
476 posts
12,001 battles
5 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Isn't the Colorados current A hull its old B hull?

I think so... I liked the old dread hull... Dumb they removed it. Id rather they had the A hull dread and b hull be the stage it is now and the C hull being Maryland hull.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles
9 hours ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

This.

[YARRR]
Members
735 posts
5,955 battles

When I decided to revisit T7 BBs I initially took Colorado.  What a painful, frustrating mistake that was.  Even when she was not bottom tier, all her adversaries were faster, and when she was playing against 8s and 9s it just felt hopeless like it did the first time I ground past her.  So, I sold her any went with Nagato, still not great but much better as she can at least marginally keep up with the rest of the fleet.

The gameplay change a T7 is really difficult for the US Standards, which came as a shock my first time out with Colorado, because I genuinely like New York/Texas and New Mexico/Arizona, they don't feel out classed in their tiers like Colorado still does at T7.

Give her the 5"/38s with a range buff to help with close in defense against DDs, because your team will leave you behind, and a boost to her hit point pool would go a long way, and might just tempt me to get back in Colorado again.

• Cool 1

[KSD]
Members
228 posts
13,553 battles
11 hours ago, LordGomes said:

While I do agree with M1A2 in that the West Virginia hull will most likely become a premium, I still think it's a much needed boost to the Colorado. I don't have her, so can anyone tell me what she is good at? She's miserably slow, out-AP performed by Nagato, out-HE performed by Nelson and the King, out-brawled by the German twins and out-AAed by Gneisenau. Does she have the strongest armour? It doesn't seem like it's worth all the other downsides. I think she should get the West Virginia hull as a top upgrade, and the modernised California-class should come out as a premium tier 7 - all but identical but with 12 x 14" guns instead. My AU$0.02.

That Could work though. though it changes so much it would make sense to be a premuim.

2 hours ago, ElAurens said:

When I decided to revisit T7 BBs I initially took Colorado.  What a painful, frustrating mistake that was.  Even when she was not bottom tier, all her adversaries were faster, and when she was playing against 8s and 9s it just felt hopeless like it did the first time I ground past her.  So, I sold her any went with Nagato, still not great but much better as she can at least marginally keep up with the rest of the fleet.

The gameplay change a T7 is really difficult for the US Standards, which came as a shock my first time out with Colorado, because I genuinely like New York/Texas and New Mexico/Arizona, they don't feel out classed in their tiers like Colorado still does at T7.

Give her the 5"/38s with a range buff to help with close in defense against DDs, because your team will leave you behind, and a boost to her hit point pool would go a long way, and might just tempt me to get back in Colorado again.

True though i will say it would make the ship less realistic as its real speed was 21knots. still it dose need buff like these,  say it would be fine if they gave it about 54,000HP or so at least because that is what the Scharnhorst has.

10 hours ago, HereCreeepers said:

I personally would like for it to receive a whole lot more HP. In it's current state, it has less HP than the Kongo, which is a tier 5 fast battleship. I feel like a sizable increase in HP combined with its improved heal would make the ship a lot more comfortable to play.

Yeah i agree. it should have more HP then ships like kongo, And New Mexico honestly. Colorado was a full 2 classes ahead New Mexico and In real life really showed its ruggedness. id say At least go to 54,000HP,.

4 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

Yeah we've been saying this for years: Colorado 1945 set up...but as it stands it doesn't really matter. Planes aren't THAT big of a threat and right now the 16 inch guns perform rather well...or so I've seen. The Maryland 1945 would be great without a doubt, but I doubt honestly we will ever see it. US Battleships that aren't clones of already existing premiums get basically no love...so yeah.

yeah hopefully we can have it happen this time,

lasty

12 hours ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Im pretty sure it was 19 knots due to it becoming So much wider. though they would have to keep the higher speed it has now at least since it is already slower then all the others.

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles
11 hours ago, Sirus_Patton said:

Mogami and Myokou would have a field day.

Not if they lost all their HE buffs...

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,080 posts
60,239 battles

13 hours ago, Joeycool90 said:

Since the beginning, the Colorado has been suffering from Power creep.

FTFY.