Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
XpliCT_

The Bismarck

8 comments in this topic

Members
1,051 posts
4,673 battles

Am I the only person who can't get the Bismarck to work?  I like to think of myself as a good BB driver, and I am an aggressive player.  I just feel like I can't get the guns on the Bismarck to work.  Shots I know would be a few citadels just seem to overpen at any range or angle.   I can't put my finger on why.  I know that German guns have less-than-ideal dispersion, but I'm literally watching shells travel into the midsection of a ship, right at the citadel, just to get an overpen.  

Has anyone else just experienced terrible luck for the duration they've owned a ship?

[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,412 posts
15,563 battles

The ship is much better around 10km than at longer ranges. It does suffer from GGS (German Gun Syndrome), but together with the secondaries, it will punish other T8 stuff at medium and closer ranges. 

Members
1,051 posts
4,673 battles
11 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

The ship is much better around 10km than at longer ranges. It does suffer from GGS (German Gun Syndrome), but together with the secondaries, it will punish other T8 stuff at medium and closer ranges. 

I normally play her within 12km of everything.  Just seems like no matter where I am or where the shells land, its either a bounce, or an overpen.  Last game i had 71 main battery hits, 300 secondary hits for 55k damaged.  I'm not even sure how that's possible.  

[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,412 posts
15,563 battles
Just now, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

I normally play her within 12km of everything.  Just seems like no matter where I am or where the shells land, its either a bounce, or an overpen.  Last game i had 71 main battery hits, 300 secondary hits for 55k damaged.  I'm not even sure how that's possible.  

With RNGesus, all things are possible. I ground the Bis through to the FDG, and I can't tell much of the difference. It does depend on whether you are targeting cruisers or BBs primarily, as the guns are not the most effective against angled BBs. I did my best work against cruisers that got too close, and used the HE pen against them, which seemed to be more effective. 

I am not a big fan of the ship, nor particularly good with it. It requires a willingness to take damage in close in order to help friendly cruisers and DDs do thier work. The AA suite is very nice also. 

[RLGN]
Members
14,873 posts
26,412 battles
37 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I have no issue dealing damage, my issue is getting a win with her. I don't have even one. :P

Damage a bit less trouble, but same with wins; I think I'm maybe a 20%-ish WR in Bis-ko?

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles
46 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

I'll second that.

Members
848 posts
6,059 battles

I have had a few games where the guns always seem to bounce or do very little damage, but the Bismarck chips away at enemy hp rather than delivering knockout punches. Don't focus too much on trying to citadel a ship because most shots will just fall short and end up in the water. Aim for the meaty bits and concentrate on getting 5-15k salvoes consistently just with AP penetrations. Don't be afraid to switch to HE, you have 1/4 armour penetration with it. Let your teammates and secondaries work tough enemies over while blasting them at closer ranges. Remember your citadel is hard to hit, but you can and will take 15k damage salvoes if you show your broadsides.

Sign in to follow this