You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Manhands

How to buy Lo Jang?

20 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
230 battles

Hi I am a long time Wargaming Fan and have played World of Tanks since BETA/Release before taking a long break.

I am back and looking to buy into this series as well.

I have read that Lo Yang is the best Destroyer for premium ships. If this game is anything like WoT then I assume you want a solid premium ship to farm credits in.

How do I buy the Lo Yang? Ive spent about 30 minutes going to dead links on their store to find it... I see the Chinese Tree is "Coming Soon" but that was in 2016...

Is this ship unobtainable now?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,714 posts
19,912 battles

Wait for it to be available again.

[SQUAD]
Members
9,176 posts
11,680 battles

Wait for it to be available, the next time will most likely be during the Christmas sale, through Santa Crates, if they have it again this year. During that sale they'll also have bundles of various ships. I got mine in a bundle which had Yang, Blys, Anshan, and Dunkerque, last November or early December, maybe @Lert remembers exactly when it was. He may also recall if Yang's been available since last Xmas, my recollection says it hasn't been.

Members
5 posts
230 battles

Ahh ok. *Puts wallet away*

I'll probably get tired of the game by Tier 5 after grinding their Free-To-Play experience. Oh well.

Edited by Manhands

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,714 posts
19,912 battles
6 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

maybe @Lert remembers exactly when it was. He may also recall if Yang's been available since last Xmas, my recollection says it hasn't been.

Sorry, but no. I don't.

@LittleWhiteMouse is sure to though.

All I know is that it was first available in early 2016 and in the christmas boxes 2016.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,278 posts
10,385 battles

LoYang Release History:   First Sold February 22nd to March 7th 2016.  Sold July 29th to August 15th, 2016.  Sold in various Black Friday bundles 2016.  Sold December 2nd to 9th, 2016.  Sold December 23rd to January 2nd, 2017.  Sold May 12th to 15th.

• Cool 2

Members
5 posts
230 battles

Ok, I'll set a reminder in my phone for 3 months from now.

I doubt I'll have that kind of money to spend on gaming after Christmas though LOL

It might be hard to correlate my available funds for entertainment and Wargamings Premium ship schedule to line up...

Edited by Manhands

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

@Manhands WG will rotate a lot of their ships through the shop during the holidays, good chance that between thanksgiving and christmas the Lo Yang will show up in the premium shop for a time.

Members
595 posts
6,455 battles

I'd bet good money it will appear before the DD line drops...whenever that is.  Not sure if it will beat Christmas though... 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,279 battles
3 hours ago, Manhands said:

I have read that Lo Yang is the best Destroyer for premium ships. If this game is anything like WoT then I assume you want a solid premium ship to farm credits in.

I don't know where you heard that.  ...  Well, OK, I guess there isn't a whole lot of competition for premium DDs now that I think about it, but it isn't all that necessary to farm credits in premium ships.  Here's a link to LittleWhiteMouse's full review of Lo Yang.  

[FAE]
Members
2,616 posts
3,631 battles

Confirm Lo Yang extremely extremely good.

LWM's review might be out of date, Lo Yang got a 6.7km torp buff and huge hydro buff, and is soon to recieve a DefAA buff too. =)

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles
24 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Lo Yang got a 6.7km torp buff

What is a 6.7 km torp buff? It has 8 km torps now, did it have 2.3km torps previously? :Smile_teethhappy:

[SCCC]
Members
147 posts
7,898 battles
19 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

@Manhands WG will rotate a lot of their ships through the shop during the holidays, good chance that between thanksgiving and christmas the Lo Yang will show up in the premium shop for a time.

hopefully it will be on sale. I got Belfast, Scharnhorst, and Kutuzov all at either 30% discount or 15% discount

Beta Testers
1,611 posts
10,275 battles

For the sake of accuracy:

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:15 PM, Manhands said:

I see the Chinese Tree is "Coming Soon" but that was in 2016

From the Wiki:

The Pan-Asia faction does not cover a specific nation, but includes ships from various nations within the Asia-Pacific region. Ships from five navies are currently represented in World of Warships: the People's Republic of China, the Republic of China (Taiwan), the Republic of Korea (South Korea), the Republic of Indonesia, and the Kingdom of Thailand. In-game, each ship flies the individual jack of their respective navy (as shown below) in lieu of the Pan-Asian flag.

The Republic of China and People's Republic of China are part of the Pan Asia line, so I assume there probably will never be a separate "Chinese" tree at this point.

The Yo Lang (Tier VIII Republic of China Premium DD) and the Anshan (Tier VI People's Republic of China Premium DD) are currently the only two released ships in the Pan Asia line.  The Tech tree portion of the line is currently still in testing.  It consists of a DD line from Tier II through Tier X plus a Tier I cruiser and a Tier IV cruiser.  They can be seen in game being tested, but you cannot yet acquire them.

Like other lines, you would be able to move captains between the Pan Asia ships, but, as mentioned, the only place you can move them at the moment is between the Yo Lang and Anshan, but that will change Soontm.

[FAE]
Members
2,616 posts
3,631 battles

Later additions to PA line: 

Huang He T6 cruiser

possible - Tan Yang T8 DD

or as Yukikaze T8 IJN DD.