Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
panzerdeal61

Nassau..I really can't knock the old girl.

22 comments in this topic

Members
69 posts
5,016 battles

Ok.

Running co-op mode as I'm still familiarizing, but the old battlewagon Nassau is  getting to be a Fav. Decent main battery layout, secondary's have kicked backside on occasion. She's slow and cranky  getting out of bed, and that Gerbil they put on the tread mill for an Engine needs fed to get her to move..but once she's up, she seems to answer her rudder well, [ Better that the Kaiser] and  not a lot of obstructions to the main guns, unlike the K.

Got into a fight protecting a carrier, a cruiser skipper [ whoever you are , THANKS muchly] screened in front and we blocked a straight path. Ended the day Torpedoed, BUT not before I got credit for 2 South Dakota's, 16 k health of a 3 rd. and a piece of another Nassau, and some small fry. Heck of a brawl.

Oh..They kin keep the "Super Destroyer" Koingsburg..9 guns and speed don't make up for the Kleenex armor. Sneeze wrong and you swim.

sitrep 2.jpg

[SPTR]
Members
2,306 posts
2,603 battles

She's one of my favourites.  Do be aware that 33k isn't incredible. By best with her is around 59 or so. That said, I really liked her. Rest of the line through Bayren plays the same. Kaiser's turret layout takes a little getting used to, but she's my favourite. Got my first kraken in kaiser. GL m8. Have to get in close. But turning circle is good, although the 7200 citadel dmg can be frustrating at times.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,687 posts
19,824 battles

I bought her back when I won the halloween skin for her. She has a permanent place in my port now. Good ship, solid, reliable.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
2,306 posts
2,603 battles

US Cl VS KMM BB...kinda hard to compare the 2 fairly. That said, St. Louis is good-in the right situation. She's slow af, so be careful where you go. KMM BB's up till T7 are pretty slow, so get used to reading the map before you make a move.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
2,306 posts
2,603 battles
Just now, Lert said:

I bought her back when I won the halloween skin for her. She has a permanent place in my port now. Good ship, solid, reliable.

I never sold her. Loved her from day 1.

• Cool 1

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

I play cruisers and Nassau is the only BB I have. Only issue I got is her guns seem not to be very accurate until you get pretty damn close.  Shells scatter all over the place. I would appreciate any tips on how to play her since I have not done very well in here.  Have not played her that much. I am just not used to the slower ROF in a BB either even though I realize she fires faster than most BBs. 

Edited by dmckay

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,220 posts
23,581 battles

Yeah the Nassau is a great ship, I did not want to sell her but needed to move the captain along. I consoled myself by buying the Konig Albert and using Nassau's port slot for her. This Halloween event, I got that Jackal camouflage that goes on Nassau so was a great excuse to buy the old girl and plop a extra 8 point captain I had sitting in my reserves on her. It is nice to have her back, she really is great fun. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,687 posts
19,824 battles
22 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I would appreciate any tips on how to play her since I have not done very well in here.

Get within brawling range. Use HE at longer ranges.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,642 posts
1 hour ago, panzerdeal61 said:

Ok.

Running co-op mode as I'm still familiarizing, but the old battlewagon Nassau is  getting to be a Fav. Decent main battery layout, secondary's have kicked backside on occasion. She's slow and cranky  getting out of bed, and that Gerbil they put on the tread mill for an Engine needs fed to get her to move..but once she's up, she seems to answer her rudder well, [ Better that the Kaiser] and  not a lot of obstructions to the main guns, unlike the K.

Got into a fight protecting a carrier, a cruiser skipper [ whoever you are , THANKS muchly] screened in front and we blocked a straight path. Ended the day Torpedoed, BUT not before I got credit for 2 South Dakota's, 16 k health of a 3 rd. and a piece of another Nassau, and some small fry. Heck of a brawl.

Oh..They kin keep the "Super Destroyer" Koingsburg..9 guns and speed don't make up for the Kleenex armor. Sneeze wrong and you swim.

sitrep 2.jpg

Don't you mean South Carolina, and not South Dakota??  If not, that was one HELL of a fail division,lol.

Nassau is fun!   Adding the Jackal skin makes it funner!   Nothing like being able to sail right up to a torpedo-less cruiser, never even look at him- and STILL sink him from full health with secondaries.lol.   I used to do it to Kolbergs all the time.  (they deserved it for that annoying sewing machine noise they make when the lmb is held down)

[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,412 posts
15,533 battles

I got her just for the camo, played one battle, a cap loss with 3 kills, 73,729 damage. Seems legit.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,642 posts
36 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I play cruisers and Nassau is the only BB I have. Only issue I got is her guns seem not to be very accurate until you get pretty damn close.  Shells scatter all over the place. I would appreciate any tips on how to play her since I have not done very well in here.  Have not played her that much. I am just not used to the slower ROF in a BB either even though I realize she fires faster than most BBs. 

Crappy accuracy at range is a German BB trait.  It never really goes away.   That's the trade-off for having those ferocious secondaries and trollish armor.

Nassau is a pure brawler- she's all but useless at range.  Sounds like you've found that out,lol.   Get in close and mess things up- that's pretty much the German BB mantra the whole way up.   Your secondary armament is much more important to your damage dealing than it is in most other BB lines.   Thus these are absolutely the wrong line to grind if you prefer the long range sniping game, and the right one if you're an aggressive captain.

God, if you think this reload is bad, try jumping into an Arizona after playing most anything- but esp a cruiser or DD.  35 freaking seconds!!!  it feels like an eternity when there's a perfect shot all lined up, or you NEED to hurt something NOW- before it kills you,lol. 

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,676 posts
35,843 battles

Nassau is good. Also bought her back since I got the Halloween camo.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
16 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Crappy accuracy at range is a German BB trait.  It never really goes away.   That's the trade-off for having those ferocious secondaries and trollish armor.

Nassau is a pure brawler- she's all but useless at range.  Sounds like you've found that out,lol.   Get in close and mess things up- that's pretty much the German BB mantra the whole way up.   Your secondary armament is much more important to your damage dealing than it is in most other BB lines.   Thus these are absolutely the wrong line to grind if you prefer the long range sniping game, and the right one if you're an aggressive captain.

God, if you think this reload is bad, try jumping into an Arizona after playing most anything- but esp a cruiser or DD.  35 freaking seconds!!!  it feels like an eternity when there's a perfect shot all lined up, or you NEED to hurt something NOW- before it kills you,lol. 

Good advice and info.  Tks. Ya she is pretty useless at range but a monster close in.  Ya I have found that out.  Ok with me because I am NOT a back line sniper type....I hate that. I don't think the reload is bad for a BB but it's just that I am use to freaking machine guns like the Bogatyr and U.S. St Louis. It's an adjustment for me. Tks again.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
17 hours ago, Lert said:

Get within brawling range. Use HE at longer ranges.

Solid advice Lert.  Tried this....works better. Tks. HE at longer ranges is indeed much better than AP with this ship. AP for up close HE at range. I was not hitting crap at long range with AP in this ship...scatter gun!  I played a few matches last night and took your advice. Just tried it in co-op but tonight I will play PvsP in Nassau. Tks

Sign in to follow this