Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Firefall17

Monetary Aid

16 comments in this topic

[YOSO]
Members
6 posts
962 battles

I have bought the xp part of the Edinburgh, but am far from having enough credits. I have 2.2 million, I need 8.8 million. Do you have any tips to get more money? 

[NEMO]
Members
815 posts
8,771 battles

Play higher tiers. Do more damage. Play your premium ships, if you have any. Buy credits with doubloons....

Members
378 posts
14,309 battles

Along with what has already been suggested, I would also recommend purchasing some premium time if you can afford it. There is no better way to increase your income, as it is always working for you, no matter what ship, no matter if win or lose, you always get extra rewards, including a free XP boost. Over time it can really start to add up...

Also note that there are some flags that will boost your credit income as well...

[NEMO]
Members
815 posts
8,771 battles

Go into your inventory and sell ship modules that you no longer use. (Old hulls, guns, aiming systems, etc.) You can make a fortune selling them...

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
834 posts
6,198 battles
40 minutes ago, bigalow87 said:

Along with what has already been suggested, I would also recommend purchasing some premium time if you can afford it. There is no better way to increase your income, as it is always working for you, no matter what ship, no matter if win or lose, you always get extra rewards, including a free XP boost. Over time it can really start to add up...

Also note that there are some flags that will boost your credit income as well...

Some premium and winnable camo’s also give a credit boost

As someone else mentioned, going through your depot and selling unused ship modules (not consumables) can take in the cash. I did it recently and got over 6 million back

Edited by Bravo4zero

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,295 posts
22,175 battles
3 hours ago, Thraxian said:

Go into your inventory and sell ship modules that you no longer use. (Old hulls, guns, aiming systems, etc.) You can make a fortune selling them...

This!  If you haven't done this for awhile it can be a fortune.

Members
4,546 posts

Really, the easiest way is a bit of premium time, and play T4-8.  You'll gain credits rather quickly, or if you've got the Free XP, a Missouri is a credit machine as well.

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,051 battles

A few suggestions, going by your profile i don't see anything premium ship wise so that'll be a suggestion later as well

1st, premium account.  It's a worthwhile investment and if you scour the forums and the like you'll sometimes manage to find something going on that will net you a 24 hour premium credit (It starts the moment you earn it so try to do those when you'll have time to play to make the most of it)  Whenever player test server comes out for the next update, if you download that client and play the required number of missions it'll usually net you some premium time and some handy flags.  They'll also run cross promotions from time to time.  World of Warplanes for instance with the revamp, log in for some battles on that and it'll net you premium time for your account.  Sometimes if you log in and play a few battles of World of Tanks it'll net you some premium.  Just have to be on the lookout for that and when those missions happen.

2nd, Signal Flags.  Find a ship you do very well with, something you enjoy playing and have a good record with.  Throw on some of the signal flags, reduced service cost, increased credits etc.  A good game in a ship you know that you'll have a good game with, add in those flags and you'll get a nice boost to your credit earning at the end of the battle.  Those flags on tech tree ships are good but they tend to shine fully on the premium ships which have increased credit and XP earnings to begin with...  Bringing us to point #3

3rd, Premium Ship.  Premium ships are generally good credit earners, add in the flags and you can get some surprising cost returns at the end of a battle.  Other nice thing about them is you can use any captain in them so while you're grinding your credits you can also train your captain faster.  Some of the flags I mentioned in suggest #2 also have a side benefit of increased commander xp earning so you're killing two birds with one stone in regards to that.  Just keep in mind the skills on the captain will impact your premium ship.  IE a captain built for a Belfast with IFHE and Demolition Expert, isn't going to have much use in your Fiji with no HE.  If you buy a Battleship, your Carrier captain with Air Supremacy won't have much impact either.  They also tend to earn a bit more Free XP which you can use on anything really, so add in some free XP boost flags on top and it'll help with modules and hull upgrades so you don't have to grind your shiny new ship from the stock configuration.

4th, inventory cleanout.  Go to your depot, sell off some old upgrades that you might have for ships you know you're not going to need any longer.  Go through the port, sell off old ships that you might still have that you don't necessarily need any longer.  Always have the option of buying them back later when you have the credits for it as well.  Just keep an eye on what you sell, if you see a small yellow tag next to the ship with a % sign in it, that means the ship is currently on discount to buy so you'll get a reduced credit amount if you go to sell it while it's on sale. 

[CZS]
Members
842 posts
8,112 battles

In general, T6 ships are the best moneymakers in the game. Find one or two which you enjoy and are good at, and keep it around as a money printing machine.  You'll also be able to grind up captains in this ship.

Trick out that T6 ship with the right modules and a good quality captain (10+ skill), and you'll be clearing $75k+ per match, easy. As you get better, $100k/match is common.  And even when you have the occasional potato game, you will only lose $20k or so, not the $50k or more that upper-tier matches cost you.

So, over a long period of time, T6 ships earn consistently more money/match than anything else.

I like CAs for this, though a good DD or BB is excellent, too.  My recommendations as to the best non-premium T6 ships to use (in order of most desireable to least):

1. Cleveland, Budyonny
  2. Farragut, Fuso, Bayern
  3. Leander, Fubuki

The last two are IMHO better than the others, IF you are the right kind of player in them. Not everyone does well with them, and don't be ashamed if it's not you.  The Cleveland/Budyonny are by far the easist to do well in, and survive uptiering too.

Remember, in order to get money, your focus needs to be earning awards, not doing damage. Look for the opportunity to get the various medals, plus things like Cap Defending and such. Causing volume damage is much less important.  In general, you want to have a game where you've got a whole line of different flag awards, and a medal or two.

Ideally, it would be a T6 premium, but, to be honest, I'm HIGHLY recommending people don't spend ANY cash on WG until they get their act together and quit being such an incompetent company. The level of laziness and intentional screwing over of the player base has reached levels that no one should tolerate anymore, and unless we start hurting their bottom line, it's not gonna get any better.  PLEASE DON'T buy anything from them for now.

Edited by EAnybody

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles
On 10/29/2017 at 4:00 PM, Thraxian said:

Play higher tiers. Do more damage. Play your premium ships, if you have any. Buy credits with doubloons....

To be specific, the sweet spot is T6 for tech tree ships and T8/9 for premium ships

T8+ tech tree ships blow for credit earning potential.

in fact, T8+ tech tree ships can easily make you lose credits.

Edited by MrDeaf

[ARGSY]
Members
21,686 posts
15,738 battles

If I buy anything from them it will be ONE inexpensive premium ship, upon which to train captains and grind out a bit of cash. One single purchase with lasting effect, rather than shelling out money over and over. Though if you can afford the lump sum, a 360 day premium account is not that expensive on a per-day basis and is probably well worth it IF you are able to play on a regular basis and you have multiple ship lines you are working with.

I am under the assumption that earnings on a premium ship are the same as if you have a standard ship of that tier on a premium account; yes or no? 

(I don't know whether it's too late now, but it occurred to me that the Halloween event gives you a bunch of admirals to play with on which elite commander XP can be earned, and with that you can level up your existing commanders faster, develop more skills, kill more enemy ships, etc. etc. etc, EARN MORE SILVER. So next Halloween, when the challenge is on, drop everything else and grind those missions over and over; win or lose, you will be earning elite commander XP that can be used to boost your existing captains.)

Sign in to follow this