You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_jOKtIJlDbNjc

So basically you are saying

97 comments in this topic

Members
80 posts

when a Cruiser and a BB are the only ships left and the BB is at 50% health while the Cruiser is at 100% health and the BB player stinks and cant hit the broadside of a barn they will STILL win because the Cruiser can't do enough damage to the BB before the BB gets 1 lucky salvo in and 1-shots the Cruiser..

Ya very balanced game you have.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
28,224 posts
21,217 battles

Yup balanced by RNG dispersion, the chance of a very good salvo from the BB guns are slim especially at range.

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

protip: Angle your ship towards the enemy.

Edited by m373x
  • Cool 4

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I'd like to see myself as a pretty decent BB player, and I can tell you, there are games where no matter how good I aim, my shots never connect. Then there are games where my aim is spot on and my dispersion is really good, so I wreck everything.

So even though that BB seemed like he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at 50 meters, theres a chance his dispersion was fighting against him that match, and he just got a lucky salvo near the end. It happens.

[O_O]
Members
7,895 posts
22,083 battles
14 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

when a Cruiser and a BB are the only ships left and the BB is at 50% health while the Cruiser is at 100% health and the BB player stinks and cant hit the broadside of a barn they will STILL win because the Cruiser can't do enough damage to the BB before the BB gets 1 lucky salvo in and 1-shots the Cruiser..

You have only played 150 battles.  You could play more and learn as you go, discovering new things in the process, and get better.

Or, you could jump to a conclusion based on very little experience, say the game sucks, and stomp away in a fit.

Whichever.

• Cool 7

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,779 battles

The battleships class has the biggest guncaliber ingame.. you can't make cruiserarmour  that can bounce shots of battleships because then you call it a battleship..

Wait till you get to tier 10 with Yamato against you :) You will rage even more :)

If you don't want to learn how to play this game, you should probably stop I agree :) Bye!

Oh and seeing you only complaining in the 18 posts you made and harass people, I think we (community) loves to see you go.

Edited by Lionel92

Members
2,518 posts
57 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

Just close this thread i am done playing this game. BB's are stupid and need a nerf and until that happens i will not be playing give my hard earned money to your competition.

sadly,

there is none 

• Cool 1

Members
767 posts
8,344 battles

You might want to work with some more experienced players who would have the requisite knowledge to teach you how to counter the BBs.

In the scissors/paper/rock of ships:

BB>CL

CL>DD

DD>BB

Better luck next time.

~B

• Cool 1

Members
4,608 posts

Battleship beats cruiser, isn't that part of the balance.  This player reminds me of certain BBs who rage they can't sink DDs, or DDs who get eliminated by CAs.  It takes skill for a  CA to beat a BB, a BB to beat a DD and a DD to beat a CA.  After 150 games, despite this being an easy game, you've only started learning the intricacies of the game.

Members
1,881 posts
7,191 battles
1 hour ago, Dkangel33 said:

Dude looking at your stats i would say the issue is not a BB problem but how you play problem. You have a 39% win ratio and only 133 games played in random. I would say you need to look at some videos, read some how to play post and practice. 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,320 battles

Yesterday in a match I beat a Wyoming to death, at range, by hammering him relentlessly with my cruiser guns ...

From my Yubari.

Git Gud.

• Cool 3

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

So your saying, you in a full health cruiser can't kill a half health BB who sucks and can't aim.

And your conclusion is not that you need to get better, but that the game is broken.....:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,373 posts
14,193 battles
2 hours ago, Dkangel33 said:

3D270A64-3516-4B31-A818-7DCC6C3DD6DB.jpeg

[VVV]
Members
341 posts

In a lot of the situations the cruiser would have a serious advantage in such a scenario. For example could probably play for caps, use speed and vision to just win without even shooting, making BB cry in frustration yelling in chat about honor and cowards who steal wins...

At the end of the  game often the key to victory is to simply sail away instead of a suicide charge, it is sooooooo hard hower to persuade team mates to just disingage sail away and win on points, even with only 60 seconds on the clock.

Edited by gloom13

Members
909 posts

Please don't blame your failures due to lack of knowledge on the game mechanics.
It's obvious from your 39.1% win rate that the BB player, no matter how bad, is better at winning the match than you.

Lotsa help here:
New Player Guides

[CASUL]
Members
256 posts
3,987 battles

It is balanced. Cruisers are not designed, nor is it their role, to solo BBs. Cruisers have relatively large citadels and thin armor. What exactly do you think is going to happen if you try and solo a BB?

Your whine is no different than a BB player complaining that they can't effectively take on a DD player, or a CV whining that they can't fight when they're out of planes. Every ship has it's pros and cons. Every ship has a role it is supposed to play. If you can't understand this concept then perhaps this game isn't right for you.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

Yes, a battleship can take out a cruiser in one salvo but a good cruiser player is going to be wiggling all over the place and not sailing broadside, which makes this much less likely. Match my Cleveland against a half-health battleship 1v1 and I'll win most every time because I'll burn him to the water before he can fire a third salvo. Torpedo cruisers should consistently win versus half-health battleships too, if the battle starts at short to medium range and the cruiser can close between the battleship's salvoes or hide behind an island. The only problem might be if you are driving something like a Pensacola or a New Orleans that has a slow rate of fire coupled with a lack of torpedoes.

The OP has only 150 battles. I didn't start getting even halfway decent at this game until I had over 1000 battles. Something clicked about then and my stats simply shot up. However, if the game is not fun for you then nobody's making you play it.

[RNJR]
Members
282 posts
4,954 battles

Two scenarios - one cruiser versus one Battleship.

1)  Cruiser Team MORE points - DO NOT FIGHT.  RUN AND HIDE.  Why risk death and your teams lead in points just run the hell away.

2)  Cruiser Team LESS points - DO NOT FIGHT.  RUN AND CAP - away from the Battleship. Use islands for cover use speed and maneuverability to hide in island shadows.  Know how far your ships individual visible detection is and stay that much away frkm the BB at all costs. ALSO DO NOT SHOOT - the BB can kill you as you run like little snot but you are a smart snot.  Hopefully you enter a cap stop the points gain and maybe turnover the cap to your team.  Maybe even time to turnover a third base just to secure any enemy points gain to zero.   

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,726 posts
26,569 battles
2 hours ago, fallanger said:

Cruisers can kill BBs.

It takes skill..

Eh, not really.