You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Muki41

Shimakaze 2000 Milestone

11 comments in this topic

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
454 posts
10,431 battles
Spoiler

Hkbmvrk.jpg

Well I stuck with the ship for this long and I can still say it is not a fun boat, at least compare to what it used to be. Made a post not sure how long ago when I hit the 1000 mark so decided to make one when I hit the 2000 mark

I done about 550~ games since the 0.2km torp detection buff on the Type93mod3, and I can say the it greatly increase the enjoy ability of the ship (1.9km to 1.7km) being able to hit aware player no longer requires me praying that the driver is too occupy to beware of the torpedo beats coming at him. Through I do wish they could move the detection down to 1.5km or 1.6km with how many scout planes are in the air due to the captain skill or if they do keep it at 1.7km to increase the 12km back to 15km for range

After the torpedo buff I was able to Reach Top1 for Damage on NA for the Shimakaze and my average hit rate for torpedo in a match has gone up from 4  to 6

Spoiler

bWxyIEv.png

Here my WTR for the Shimakaze; I'm quite sad my torpedo hit rate didn't go to 7%

Spoiler

P8qUfoc.png

And for those wondering what Captain skills I run now

Spoiler

d1urONZ.png

I do hope WG keeps tuning the IJN DD Torpedoes  so they can be more enjoyable for the average player playing the line otherwise I still recommend those looking for decent long range torpedo's to go for the other lines  or wait for the Pan Asia DD Line since its torpedo's are rumor to have 0.8km detection

• Cool 5

Members
736 posts
11,428 battles
On 10/28/2017 at 8:24 PM, Muki41 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hkbmvrk.jpg

Well I stuck with the ship for this long and I can still say it is not a fun boat, at least compare to what it used to be. Made a post not sure how long ago when I hit the 1000 mark so decided to make one when I hit the 2000 mark

I done about 550~ games since the 0.2km torp detection buff on the Type93mod3, and I can say the it greatly increase the enjoy ability of the ship (1.9km to 1.7km) being able to hit aware player no longer requires me praying that the driver is too occupy to beware of the torpedo beats coming at him. Through I do wish they could move the detection down to 1.5km or 1.6km with how many scout planes are in the air due to the captain skill or if they do keep it at 1.7km to increase the 12km back to 15km for range

After the torpedo buff I was able to Reach Top1 for Damage on NA for the Shimakaze and my average hit rate for torpedo in a match has gone up from 4  to 6

Hide contents

bWxyIEv.png

Here my WTR for the Shimakaze; I'm quite sad my torpedo hit rate didn't go to 7%

Hide contents

P8qUfoc.png

And for those wondering what Captain skills I run now

Reveal hidden contents

d1urONZ.png

I do hope WG keeps tuning the IJN DD Torpedoes  so they can be more enjoyable for the average player playing the line otherwise I still recommend those looking for decent long range torpedo's to go for the other lines  or wait for the Pan Asia DD Line since its torpedo's are rumor to have 0.8km detection

I'm about 500 games into her. I hover around about the 55-56% WR and 60K Dmg.

I'm having a hard time upping my game beyond that so well done to you.

I see you have a 44% survival rate. Mines at 69% which leads me to believe I need to be much more aggressive.  

Bozni!:Smile_izmena:

Members
3,354 posts
22,982 battles

I'm about to sell my Yugumo. I don't think IJN DDs are fun at these tiers. I play mostly tiers 5-7 IJN DD and my playstyle is aggressive. I usually get close and personal to enemy ships before releasing torps , often within 5.7 - 6km. This seems very difficult to do in high tiers without being spotted 80% of the battle. Once spotted, my life expectancy is usually about 30 seconds. The planes get glued to me like flies on poo and gunboats can outrun me.
Is the grind even worth it for Shima?   Is it any better than Yugumo? 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
454 posts
10,431 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I'm about to sell my Yugumo. I don't think IJN DDs are fun at these tiers. I play mostly tiers 5-7 IJN DD and my playstyle is aggressive. I usually get close and personal to enemy ships before releasing torps , often within 5.7 - 6km. This seems very difficult to do in high tiers without being spotted 80% of the battle. Once spotted, my life expectancy is usually about 30 seconds. The planes get glued to me like flies on poo and gunboats can outrun me.
Is the grind even worth it for Shima?   Is it any better than Yugumo?

Depends on you really the third tube the Shimakaze gets makes for course correction torps alot easier since you can fire the two tubes to bait your prey into turning into the third or use the third tube to cover the terrible spread patterns the IJN DDs get at higher tiers, and with the higher speed (41kt with speed flag) you can outrun most ships (other than few Russian DDs and French CAs).

I find that Close range torping 6km-8km range  is not really worth doing in the Shimakaze due to all the radar, hydro and spotter planes in the tier just too much risk and the reward normally doesn't pay off, as you can probably find in the forums most Shimakaze drivers use the 12km torps which allows you to torp outside safely of USN radar (9.9km) and at the edge of RU radar (11.7km) not to mention the  Type 93 mod.3 gets a base 406% flood chance so if you know how stagger your torps hits so you get it while their Damage control is down that flooding damage adds up quickly.

With Planes well they been the bane of destroyers since beta basically your hard counter reason why I took BFT was to up my AA so I could pick off the planes above me if you do encounter a CV in your match I highly recommend waiting it out abit to see where the red planes are before entering a cap or to yell at your team to move up so you have a AA screen to retreat to.

2 hours ago, Capt_Mexib said:

I see you have a 44% survival rate. Mines at 69% which leads me to believe I need to be much more aggressive. 

:p I got hunted down alot back in the early days when you could had gotten 2 tier 10 CVs per a team, but I probably died more due to me firing my guns at the wrong time or poking at an Division that had a radar/CV buddy

My goal in random battle generally is to weakened down or finish off the "Reds" so their easier pickings for the "Greens"

[KIA]
Members
1,271 posts
12,696 battles

Congratulations for getting top damage on NA for shimakaze!

-Members-
1,542 posts
26 battles

Awesome plays, thanks for sharing @Muki41. What ship are you going to tackle next? 

Alos, thank you for your suggestion on the IJN DD Torpedoes. I'll make a note of it :)

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
454 posts
10,431 battles
3 hours ago, WolfofWarship said:

Awesome plays, thanks for sharing @Muki41. What ship are you going to tackle next?

With Pan Asia coming out soonish I plan on tackling the Deep Water Torpedo gimmick to see how having torps that have a low detection and can't hit destroyers affects my own gameplay