You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Malarkey_

Doubloons vs Gold

10 comments in this topic

SuperTest Coordinator
350 posts
9,895 battles

Is it ever going to happen they we can use our doubloons on other games? I wanted to spend more than a few on WoWP with 2.0 out, but couldn't and I really not looking into re-buying gold for a different game. I try to submit this to support and they use the same cut and paste for the last year. 

• Cool 1

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,861 posts
4,861 battles

The best you can hope for is a limited transfer.

It's been 2 full years and some more that they went back on their announcements that gold is to be unified. Doubt that's going to happen in the foreseeable future.

• Cool 1

SuperTest Coordinator
350 posts
9,895 battles

just a headache. it sometimes feels like warships is a "redheaded stepchild" of Wargaming.  Were going to steam. we have our own "gold" 3X weekends don't exist for us. I mean even on the Halloween live stream they took shots at Trevzor & Warships. 

Edited by Malarkey_

Members
483 posts
4,154 battles
On 10/28/2017 at 11:17 PM, Malarkey_ said:

just a headache. it sometimes feels like warships is a "redheaded stepchild" of Wargaming.  Were going to steam. we have our own "gold" 3X weekends don't exist for us. I mean even on the Halloween live stream they took shots at Trevzor & Warships. 

Be glad we aren't like the (until recently) dying WoWp or the [edited] balanced WoT.

SuperTest Coordinator
350 posts
9,895 battles
Just now, Slntreaper said:

Be glad we aren't like the (until recently) dying WoWp or the shittily balanced WoT.

That is very true. Thanks for boost there. I am just hoping that the steam moving isn't because we are turing into the dying WoWp. I could also be over thinking thing I do that sometimes. :cap_book:

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles
8 minutes ago, Slntreaper said:

Be glad we aren't like the (until recently) dying WoWp or the shittily balanced WoT.

WoWS has it's own problem with 'shittily balanced', imho. This is WG (aka WF), after all.

As to OP's topic, my opinion is to keep doubloon/gold purchases entirely separate for all  games.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,093 posts
14,707 battles

There is good reason because of the extremely different rate of earning free experience that we will not share them. However, with the real money cost of the two currencies being identical there is no reason gold and doubloons couldn't be shared other than the excessive rate gold is able to be acquired in WoT's clan wars that is a very real reason for them not being merged.

Members
509 posts
14,105 battles

At the very least premium time is shared between all of them, so you can at least use your doubloons to buy premium time for your other games. :)

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,861 posts
4,861 battles
11 hours ago, Valdez_Raptor said:

At the very least premium time is shared between all of them, so you can at least use your doubloons to buy premium time for your other games. :)

...and vice versa. Sometimes premium sale in shop only go on for one game, so you can just go to that game's premium shop and buy prem time on discount and others are sold in-game for gold.