You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

33 comments in this topic

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles

Now, I'm not saying its to tough...but trying to play, AND carry at the same time? That is toughie. It really only takes one potato on your team and your in trouble. Now, I'm not saying I'm the best player or anything...but this has been my personal best so far:

UZGVAeZ.jpg

Happy Halloween! 

Now I want a Tirpitz, LOL

Edited by Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

My clan and I were finally able to five-star the op last night, on the clan XO's stream, and damn what a feeling. You're right, though, that one early death can cause a cascade failure that will mean three stars AT MOST (if you're lucky). It really does require precise teamwork and a different mode of thinking when it comes to ship combat.

For example: the only real way to win with five stars is to ram the Rasputin and Great Gorgon to death, using the Magnu-S and her shield ability, while going full-bore into the Taint.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

I five starred it first try with 4 clan mates and two randoms. I was in the DD and solo killed the Gorgon.

[O_O]
Members
7,895 posts
22,089 battles
12 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Seven hells, I just want one star at this point! :Smile_facepalm:

I feel you, bro.  I feel you.

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles
2 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

I five starred it first try with 4 clan mates and two randoms. I was in the DD and solo killed the Gorgon.

I've stuck to the BB, and took out Rasputin in the game I posted...and got cut down before I could ram the Gorgon. Going to take a break for now, but the DD looks like fun...

[HINON]
[HINON]
6,801 posts
5,248 battles
2 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

I've stuck to the BB, and took out Rasputin in the game I posted...and got cut down before I could ram the Gorgon. Going to take a break for now, but the DD looks like fun...

You got a bad break that Atlanta game. It was a terrible win for you I'm sure.

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles
Just now, Doomlock said:

You got a bad break that Atlanta game. It was a terrible win for you I'm sure.

Man, sometimes all you can do is laugh.... I thought I was gonna murder all those crap Zeppelin planes on their way to the BBs...and they go for little ole me?! The first ones missed...then KABOOM!!!!!! :etc_swear: 

Thanks for the carry by the way! :Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
[HINON]
6,801 posts
5,248 battles
12 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Man, sometimes all you can do is laugh.... I thought I was gonna murder all those crap Zeppelin planes on their way to the BBs...and they go for little ole me?! The first ones missed...then KABOOM!!!!!! :etc_swear: 

Thanks for the carry by the way! :Smile_teethhappy:

No problem, it was tough, but I'm glad so many ships fed their HP to my Kii. :Smile_playing:

• Cool 1

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
1 hour ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

My clan and I were finally able to five-star the op last night, on the clan XO's stream, and damn what a feeling. You're right, though, that one early death can cause a cascade failure that will mean three stars AT MOST (if you're lucky). It really does require precise teamwork and a different mode of thinking when it comes to ship combat.

For example: the only real way to win with five stars is to ram the Rasputin and Great Gorgon to death, using the Magnu-S and her shield ability, while going full-bore into the Taint.

Yeah no that's just luck that you won that way.

The way we did it in my clan is 1 CV and 2 of each other ship type.

You need good DDs since they need to be in the filth/taint all game and a decent CV driver.

The BBs position themselves by the first tower and once the falls they move in front of the second tower and not move much. Their presence in front means the ships will fire on them and not the tower. They use their heals and shields to maintain health.

The cruisers pick off the DDs and deal lots of damage to the other ships.

While my personal best in the BB is over 550k using the method above I've not gone over 330k but I've 5 starred it twice already.

Members
6,588 posts
8,581 battles
2 hours ago, Doomlock said:

Did you draw it out first?

I ask because one of the runs I attempted solo queue, I went in after the Gorgon and put 16 torps into it's side, and I don't even think it dropped below 180,000 HP.

[HINON]
[HINON]
6,801 posts
5,248 battles
53 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Did you draw it out first?

I ask because one of the runs I attempted solo queue, I went in after the Gorgon and put 16 torps into it's side, and I don't even think it dropped below 180,000 HP.

I just kept torpedoing it over and over again.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles
5 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Now I want a Tirpitz, LOL

Is it not for sale? Not that I want one. I ground out the Bismarck so I'm good, lol.

Members
54 posts
7,603 battles
5 hours ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

i guess that was some version of english, im otta the loop apparently.

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

We 5 star'd it on the first shot and didn't use a single DD.  1 CV, 2 BB's and the rest cruisers.  If you understand the mechanics and focus fire the adds before they overwhelm you, it's not terribly difficult.  It does take some coordination, though, which is, I'm guessing, where most teams are having difficulty.

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles
9 hours ago, aethervox said:

Is it not for sale? Not that I want one. I ground out the Bismarck so I'm good, lol.

Being for sale is one thing, having the cash to do something about it is another, LOL... :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_sad: 

Even with the buffs, I don't think she is any better than the Bismark...but I like big girls with torps... (that sounded a lot more mind in the gutter than I planned) 

Edited by Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Members
6,588 posts
8,581 battles
10 hours ago, Doomlock said:

I just kept torpedoing it over and over again.

Well, I guess that makes sense. I chose to get out after one TRB use as it's planes were after me, because my team collapsed while I was in there. Plus it almost immediately turned away from me when I spotted it, so I was inside the filth longer than I wanted to be.

Edit: Wait, how did you succeed by torping it over and over again? I never saw its hp drop below 180,000, and by the time I was turning away to leave(because of the failed attempt) it was already back to almost full hp.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[HINON]
[HINON]
6,801 posts
5,248 battles
11 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Well, I guess that makes sense. I chose to get out after one TRB use as it's planes were after me, because my team collapsed while I was in there. Plus it almost immediately turned away from me when I spotted it, so I was inside the filth longer than I wanted to be.

Edit: Wait, how did you succeed by torping it over and over again? I never saw its hp drop below 180,000, and by the time I was turning away to leave(because of the failed attempt) it was already back to almost full hp.

I got close and started circling. Between floods, fire, and raw torpedo damage I killed it. It took over 500k damage to do so though.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,023 posts
5,027 battles
4 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

I got close and started circling. Between floods, fire, and raw torpedo damage I killed it. It took over 500k damage to do so though.

It was much easier the second time, when I rammed Gorgon with Magnus while you and Hipper were torping it :cap_like:

[HINON]
[HINON]
6,801 posts
5,248 battles
2 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

It was much easier the second time, when I rammed Gorgon with Magnus while you and Hipper were torping it :cap_like:

Yes indeed. Having support meant I wasn't the full focus of the carrier and didn't have to torpedobeat the entire time.