You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tthor

Download speed

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
103 posts
1,753 battles

I've been gaming for yrs and this just hit me.It's a internet secret all these companies say most speed hampering things are on the computer owners end.Did speed test on my line and can download over 25 MB per second but have never seen any game launcher or patchier go over 8 MB/s?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,192 posts
15,767 battles

Could your internet actually be 25 Megabit? I have found that when the DL of a patch is far lower than it should be that pausing and restarting it helps most of the time.

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles
6 hours ago, Tthor said:

well the package got for my isp is 80 dl 5 upload.

Sooooo.... You go 80 Mbits/s on download and 5 Mbits/s on upload, which equates to 10 MB/s download and 0.63 MB/s upload. Now, depending on how far you are from the infrastructure points of your ADSL network, you might or might not get the advertised speed. Basically, ISP has the 10MB/s channel open for you, but seems like 8 is what you're able to use.

Maybe there are other devices also feeding off of the same router?

Edited by geser98

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

Remember too that your download speed also depends on the amount of data that is sent out per second on the other end.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,192 posts
15,767 battles
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Remember too that your download speed also depends on the amount of data that is sent out per second on the other end.

This, when I first found Armored Warfare the downloads were dial up slow. Even the 12 Mb DSL I had was running super slow.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

the 12 Mb DSL I had was running super slow.

Even Windows 10 updates and other downloads can slow to a crawl during peak access times, no matter how fast your internet plan's download speed is.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,192 posts
15,767 battles
10 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Even Windows 10 updates and other downloads can slow to a crawl during peak access times, no matter how fast your internet plan's download speed is.

Slow download speed was pretty much a universal complaint with Armored Warfare then. The problem was on their end as even people on fiber were getting dial up speeds but it seems they fixed it as updates are quick and painless now.

Members
6,889 posts
14,874 battles
10 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

^^^^^^^^ The above...

No company that relies on downloading the game and large patches will allow the user to get full speed on individual connections.  Besides not really know what speed the consumer has - it will radically effect everyone else.  Far better to try and give realistic slices of the server connection/pipeline,  IF it is slow - pause then restart and it will likely fix the problem or update at a time that is not as busy.