Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Yay! Finally!

20 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,690 posts
19,844 battles

ACZC3p2.jpg

A victory! At last!

.... Maybe I shouldn't have picked a weekend to try and powergrind such a mediocre ship.  Mind you, I'm pulling 45k dpg over the day on a ship that averages 28k dpg on the server so it's not like I'm not doing my part.

Just one of those things I guess. On to the next one~

• Cool 1

[NET]
Beta Testers
555 posts
5,906 battles

nice! i found her a pretty effective tier 6 cruiser. i recently acquired tier tier 7 and find it very average so far.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,615 posts
10,314 battles

It was a tough ship, and one that I free xp'ed past after just a few miserable games.

[TXGUN]
Beta Testers
3,221 posts
26,864 battles

That's not the only ship that happens to where you receive five losses' in a row until a win shows up ...........  

[NG-NL]
Members
6,258 posts
10,088 battles

LG is so slow for a cruiser without the engine boost active that I don't play mine much, and understand it doesn't get good until the Charles.

*sigh* Won't regret selling this glass cannon. Aoba was tougher.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,690 posts
19,844 battles
3 minutes ago, Reymu said:

LG is so slow for a cruiser without the engine boost active that I don't play mine much, and understand it doesn't get good until the Charles.

That's my goal. I won a Charles Martel Halloween camo in a pumpkin and that is enough reason for me to want a Charles Martel to put it on.

Yeah. I'm that shallow.

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

That's my goal. I won a Charles Martel Halloween camo in a pumpkin and that is enough reason for me to want a Charles Martel to put it on.

Yeah. I'm that shallow.

I repurchased the NO (just maybe a week after selling her) just to put the camo I got on her... Have no plans of adding a captain and taking her into a match though...

All the special halloween camos have me breaking the bank trying to buy all the ships back...

You're not alone Lert, nor the shallowest lol.

Members
1,866 posts

I have been very successful with the premium version, DeGrasse. The damage output is not great, but it has speed and agility. One extra torpedo launcher per side helps a bit. I use the speed boost to cross the map quickly. I can get to where the action is, and add-in "me too" attacks. Or take on destroyers where they can't outrun me.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,690 posts
19,844 battles
4 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

All the special halloween camos have me breaking the bank trying to buy all the ships back...

I've dropped about 60+ million credits on buying back and outfitting a Wakatake, St Louis, Nassau, Chapayev, Benson and Kagero just to have ships to hang Halloween camo on ...

• Cool 1

Privateers
728 posts
9,020 battles

It gets good at tier 7 with the algerie, which is basically what the Yorck was supposed to be. Probably wa my favorite tier 7 cruiser after the Fiji. 

The rest of the line is great, but the Charles is, tier for tier, the best in the line, and Imo, the best tier 8 cruiser in the game. Also the camo does look pretty cool. 

I free exp'd past the tier 6; I didn't want that much cancer. 

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,444 posts
10,195 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yeah. I'm that shallow.

I couldn't get out of the la glass fast enough. I tried to grind it out but I got half way through and blew all of my free xp to get out of it. 

I got those anniversary perma-camo thingys unlocked so I figured why not.

I'll have to try and get the New Orleans next. That's going to be... :Smile_sad:

[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,412 posts
15,573 battles
26 minutes ago, Lert said:

I've dropped about 60+ million credits on buying back and outfitting a Wakatake, St Louis, Nassau, Chapayev, Benson and Kagero just to have ships to hang Halloween camo on ...

This.

Still need to get Chappie and Kagero, though I don't think I'll be grinding CVs for the forseeable future. 

[NSEW]
Members
2,099 posts
11,325 battles
43 minutes ago, Lert said:

Wow! That is a lot of credits indeed! I too have few Halloween ship camo, but no where near the amount of credits that you disposed of by purchasing those ships.

Congrats on the "finally". It is really demoralising at times to lose game after game, after game.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,690 posts
19,844 battles

3/11 now. Time to go play something else.

Giulio Cesare will do.

Members
848 posts
6,063 battles

Good luck with that. I never seem to have average days - one day I'll lose everything and play terrible, another day I'll constantly win and pull 2000 base xp games repeatedly.

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

That is the exact same combination of ships i got the camos for!  Between those boats and outfitting the Halloween event boats I am completely broke.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,690 posts
19,844 battles
7 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

That is the exact same combination of ships i got the camos for!  Between those boats and outfitting the Halloween event boats I am completely broke.

I think the only ones I didn't get were either Shokaku or Lexington (I got one of them) and Tirpitz. I don't carrier, but I really wanted Tirpitz. I'm guess I'm out of luck there.

Members
4,478 posts
19,839 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

I think the only ones I didn't get were either Shokaku or Lexington (I got one of them) and Tirpitz. I don't carrier, but I really wanted Tirpitz. I'm guess I'm out of luck there.

The Tirpitz skin is cool. Kind of Sci-Fi with electric looking blue flashes when the guns fire. When the secondaries are shooting it's sweet!

1 hour ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

The Charles Martel is worth the grind...but yeah, I almost lost what is left of my sanity during it, LOL. :cap_book:

As soon as I had a few battles in La Gal, I XPed past her. Algerie is a pretty good ship, better than I'd heard. Now CM... Very nice! Worth the grind. :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this