Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Speedstang

I'm in love

6 comments in this topic

[-NOM-]
Members
473 posts
7,193 battles

I just had my best game ever, on a ship I've only used a handful of times and of a class I don't even play.

Spoiler

cYtCjwF.jpg

4o1iaum.jpg

Okay yes, this was the PT server. And yes, that damage I'm guessing is not a whole lot for a tier 10. Still, it's the first time I ever get base XP that high and the first time I exceed 200k damage. But on to my main point. I'm in love with this ship and it has changed my outlook on the game.

I was on the PT server completing the missions to grab the signals and premium time. I got a bit held up on the mission to deal fire damage to cruisers, so I ended up just trying every tier 10 cruiser, because why not. I went through all of them. I first tried cruisers I've never used, such as the Des Moines and Moskva, both of which were pretty fun. I had tried the Hindenburg during the last PT in clan wars and enjoyed it quite a bit, so I decided to give it another go. Then that happened.

Never have I actually enjoyed playing cruisers this much. This goes for all of them, not just the Hindenburg here. I'm beginning to regret just focusing on one ship line at a time. I began the game playing USN BB's, and that's pretty much the only thing I did up until the Christmas event last year. There I won all the tier 6 ships they gave and actually started trying other classes. I hated it at first, but it did lead me to try CVs though curiosity, which I enjoyed. And up until recently, I've really just been spamming CVs (Don't even ask how many battles I have on the Bogue....), having lost interest in battleships. I did branch out into cruisers though, and I finally got the hang of my Konigsberg and actually had a lot of fun with it. It was a playstyle I'd never even known.

However, on ships like my Leander, Takao, and Myokos, I still struggled to do well. This has largely lead me to avoid cruiser play, even though I had done decently with the Konigsberg. It just wasn't fun being constantly outright deleted and feeling so low on firepower compared to the ships I was used to. (Yes, I was very wrong about this.) After playing all these tier 10's though, especially the Hindenburg, I really have to rethink my outlook on the game. The ships were really fun to play and in a way I hadn't played before. Each had its own style, but completely unique to any ship I've played before. It was almost like playing a new game. The Hindenburg in specific just suites me well.

I'm definitely going to start branching out much more into cruiser lines (and just more lines of any class in general). I now realize I've been missing out on a huge part of the game. A bit ironic since I've always told new players to try many different lines, yet I never did myself. And the first order of business: the German cruiser line!

TL;DR: Try more ship lines and classes, you may be missing out on a lot more than you think!

P.S. Also, dear gosh 22k XP. That 125 doubloon camo is insane.....

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

hindy is a fun cruiser.    one of the best all arounder.    Cruisers are my favorite class overall and I am working on french line.   Charles martel is my current grind and really fun ship.    been enjoying the french grind overall.  

[FAE]
Members
2,626 posts
3,982 battles

Good for you. =) 

Yes, you should try the other classes. 

[BUN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,591 posts
5,060 battles

Cruisers are fun, so long as you're vigilant and resourseful!

Members
834 posts
10,400 battles

All of the tier 10 cruisers are quite potent and can carry matches if played well.

Some(not all) mid-tier cruisers suffer in comparison(especially to BBs), and can feel more like more vulnerable support ships - I think this is where some get negative impressions of cruiser play.

I think you will enjoy KM cruisers, I'm up to the Roon and it's been one of my favorite lines in the game.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[O_O]
Members
7,897 posts
22,115 battles

Well, good news...you don't have to wait until Tier 10 to enjoy the German cruisers.  The T9 Roon has been very capable and fun for me.  My grind up this line ended with the Hipper.  Even when it was stock, the Roon hasn't been a 'grind' at all.  Very enjoyable.

Sign in to follow this