Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
timmyg1004

Sunray in the Darkness failed event

16 comments in this topic

[SKD]
Beta Testers
278 posts
20,441 battles

So lets start out by mentioning that it costs you in excess of 20+ million credits to add modules to these 3 ships not counting cv players(i dont play cv) and the fact you have to wait 30 minutes to play your favorite class of ship or spend more credits (75,000) to play it again. All of this plus the piss POOR credit earning in the game mode. Woah we earn elite commander XP,big woop!!!! I would also like to mention most of the players I have encountered dont know what the special consumables do or how to use them to help the team get 5 stars.I have seen battleships running away popping the heal consumable with no friendly ships in the area.This game mode is fun yes but should be made more simple to the average player so all playing can enjoy all aspects.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Don't play it if you dont like it. If you cant stand random players, form your own division. You also get the modules returned to you after the event. 

[LOU1]
Members
4,344 posts
14,819 battles

Personally, I am farming credits, Elite XP, and Free XP.  With the credit earning, it is not an issue for me to pay the 75,000 silver.  And, I only set up the cruiser for now; I used the free demounting last weekend to remove a few modules from ships I don't play, like the ARP ones, in preparation for outitting these ships.  Also, I notice that my aim in Randoms is improving from playing this mode.  And, its a lot of fun for me.  This was a two star (20k Elite XP with flags) that just finished - can't seem to get past that level yet.

(BTW, I notice that it works well to get fires started on every ship within range (with the cruiser) first and then come back and work on wearing down their HP.)

PGx412L.jpg

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles
6 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

This was a two star (20k Elite XP with flags) - can't seem to get past that level yet.

I got almost 700k on a one star win.. talk about a let down lol.  With out a clan div 5-stars would have been a nightmare to get.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,927 posts
23,637 battles
8 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I got almost 700k on a one star win.. talk about a let down lol.  With out a clan div 5-stars would have been a nightmare to get.

My best was 870k, 1 star. :Smile_sad:  I solo'd Gorgon with Ura in that match, while the team melted to Rasputin. :Smile_facepalm:  The only time I've 5 star'd it was in a completely random team (no divi's) with no DD's and a potato CV.  One of the CA's got behind the portal quickly and took out Gorgon when she spawned and I rammed Ras within a minute of her spawning.  We both were lucky with how they spawned in.:Smile_great:  Our CV on the other hand...oh boy.  Not once used a skill, so we practically carried him.

On a side note, what's with MOST CV's not using ANY of the two skills???  That or Mistress MM is pissed at me...:Smile_hiding:

[LOU1]
Members
4,344 posts
14,819 battles

After reading a couple of strats on the forum, I can see why it is a challenge to five-star with a random team.  For example, I would like to try the first-tower-taking-out-a-bunch -of-reds, but my teams seem to fight tooth and nail, die, and still lose the first tower.  Trying to get focus on Rasputin or Gorgon is also difficult.  Team comps are also sometimes interesting.  Tonight, there was a four BB, two DD, and my CA - that did not go well with the limited DPM.  Then there is the fact that heals, radars, and incapacitations can't really be coordinated in random teams very well.

I have also noticed rare use of their CV skills.  Don't think they know what they are.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[LOU1]
Members
4,344 posts
14,819 battles

Wow, just got a five star!  687k damage.  Only five kills, but one was an almost solo 271k kill on Rasputin. Four CAs, 2 BBs, and a CV.  Interestingly, 2 BBs and one CA were first timers (Exorcist medal).

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

The valid point here is the cost of just getting the ship outfitted. I truly believe WG should have given us the modules, as well, because it's expensive as heck to put the modules on, and you'll only get half of it back when the event ends. At T3 it isn't an issue, but at T8, it kinda sort is. By kinda sorta, I mean IT REALLY IS.

It's fun, much more fun than the base Halloween event, and Newport and Rescue, as well(I've 5 starred Rescue, it just isnt fun to me). One star for Halloween and Newport, even with all the experience playing them, 3 stars on Sunray, 3 times. No 5 star, but meh, for this I don't really care. I do want the 10 pointer from Newport, though. I doubt I'll ever get it.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles
1 hour ago, ExploratorOne said:

Personally, I am farming credits, Elite XP, and Free XP.  With the credit earning, it is not an issue for me to pay the 75,000 silver.  And, I only set up the cruiser for now; I used the free demounting last weekend to remove a few modules from ships I don't play, like the ARP ones, in preparation for outitting these ships.  Also, I notice that my aim in Randoms is improving from playing this mode.  And, its a lot of fun for me.  This was a two star (20k Elite XP with flags) that just finished - can't seem to get past that level yet.

(BTW, I notice that it works well to get fires started on every ship within range (with the cruiser) first and then come back and work on wearing down their HP.)

PGx412L.jpg

I tossed IFHE on the cruiser, with that fire chance, it doesnt hurt it at all, and you wrack up massive amounts of damage.

[LOU1]
Members
4,344 posts
14,819 battles

WG said the modules would be demounted for free and placed in your inventory.  You would only get half back if you then decided to sell them.  I can see that there would be an issue if you didn't already have the modules to move to the event ships or where short on silver.  I am managing to hover around 25M lately, so my perspective is a bit biased.

Of course, I struggled during my first few WOWS months last year, but that stabilized a bit.  I suffered poorness when I was trying to push for a couple of 10s for the Anniversary bonus recently, but then caught up.  Stocked up on modules during the 50% sale and went broke again, LOL.  My WTR and WR is still not that great, but I am up to the skill level of being able to consistently earn reasonable silver (my MO helps when things are really low).  Another saving tip is to stock up all of your ships during a consumable/camo sale, especially if you have unused ARP ships.  Learned that technique in WOT from using expired rental ships for extra barracks space.

On the IFHE, I did the same thing figuring going from 48% to 45% wasn't that bad.  It is interesting that I can spread HE around several ships and the kills roll in a bit later; apparently, these bots don't extinguish fires like the PvE ones.  Seems to be at least one fire per salvo.  Pop the Inversion Charge in the midst of a bunch of enemies and light 'em all up, then come back and finish some off.  45% fire chance is quite effective.

Members
5,450 posts
21,046 battles

The operation is very hard for a group of random captains do get more than a 4 stars and they have to really work together to get 4. I should know I played enough random pick on teams trying to get that 5th star. But have a full div of 7 captains who know what their doing and its laughable how easy it can be done. 

What makes me sad is we only get 5 pumpkins, don't like what you got than go see the great pumpkin but take a hand full of cash. Cause more pumpkins is going to cost you. I myself got 20k free exp, 75 India Delta Signals, the Blade, Jackal, and Igor premium camos. So now I have 3 Tier 3 port deco ships I'll likely never play who have premium paint. I kind of wanted the Benson camo but I can live with out it, cause I don't have any cash for the great pumpkin or WG. 

I've already changed back to my favorite port and hid the halloween ships. 

This years halloween event feels more like a trick than a treat. 

• Cool 1

[WK]
1,927 posts
23,637 battles

This...

shot-17_10.28_08_47.34-0415.thumb.jpg.d889249edc9b80964db52a537aa9ed93.jpg

shot-17_10.28_08_47.38-0103.thumb.jpg.b7abfb16a60c9157322f6bdfcea47e1f.jpg

Only for this to happen...

Spoiler

shot-17_10.28_08_48.21-0027.thumb.jpg.5ea087cdeffd9ac3c1207712550b6f45.jpg

We had less than a minute when the 2nd tower fell...:Smile_sad:

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

4 stars have been pretty easy for me as it has been majority of my matches.  finally got the 5th last night .    reward isn't bad, so worth keep playing  for camo.

[WK]
1,927 posts
23,637 battles

And I just topped that Svyatozar match...

shot-17_10.28_12_09.46-0987.thumb.jpg.d2d929df619fdcc548c3a1c6c02d46fe.jpg

shot-17_10.28_12_09.49-0927.thumb.jpg.3d119b45473b06e4cdcde38c05b5ce03.jpg

With the same result....

Spoiler

shot-17_10.28_12_10.09-0907.thumb.jpg.7bc55f1836d45e1775bb06a323da8e87.jpg

Foo:Smile_sad:

I've already 5 star'd this one on Friday, but doesn't make it less fun to keep trying. :cap_rambo:

Sign in to follow this