You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
q_sertorius

I Hate Smoke! My fix, no vision in, out, or through, it at all...

39 comments in this topic

[RCNW]
[RCNW]
Members
173 posts
6,614 battles

Good Day All!!

I hate Smoke in WoW!  It's a crutch.  I purposely don't use it BC of that, and when I see it damaging gameplay, I can't wait for the next Smoke Nerf that will come as more note it's negative effect.  My fix!!  In smoke you should not have any vision in, out, or through it at all!...

q_sertorius 

Edited by q_sertorius
  • Cool 2

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,009 posts
4,625 battles

Have fun with not using all the tools at your disposal. I hope I meet you on the map with my DD. Please don't change.

• Cool 4

[RCNW]
[RCNW]
Members
173 posts
6,614 battles
1 minute ago, Cobraclutch said:

Have fun with not using all the tools at your disposal. I hope I meet you on the map with my DD. Please don't change.

Your the guy!!  i will hunt you with my radar!!  then you can kill me!!  hee hee.. How do you fight smoke!?!...

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,713 posts
19,904 battles

Please always be on the red team.

• Cool 8

[RCNW]
[RCNW]
Members
173 posts
6,614 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Well!....  I like it when I did use it, and I get to rain down shells on other!!..    hee hee.. 

[CRMSN]
6,009 posts
4,625 battles
Just now, q_sertorius said:

Your the guy!!  i will hunt you with my radar!!  then you can kill me!!  hee hee.. How do you fight smoke!?!...

Torpedoes, hydro, smoke firing bloom proxy spotting, radar , blind firing .

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,705 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

giphy.gif

[RCNW]
[RCNW]
Members
173 posts
6,614 battles
1 minute ago, Cobraclutch said:

Torpedoes, hydro, smoke firing bloom proxy spotting, radar , blind firing .

I need to do some research, I never heard of Smoke firing proxy spotting, but I am getting better and blind firing..  thx for the advise!

[CRMSN]
6,009 posts
4,625 battles
4 minutes ago, q_sertorius said:

I need to do some research, I never heard of Smoke firing proxy spotting, but I am getting better and blind firing..  thx for the advise!

Basically with the new smoke firing changes . Each ship has a new detection radius if they fire from smoke.

So if we use the fiji as an example. If he doesn't fire his guns he will be spotted at 2km.

If he does shoot from his smoke he will be spotted from 5.5 (I think ) km.

So you can outlay some opponents by knowing those smoke firing detection ranges. 

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,536 posts
12,810 battles

tell that to the DD drivers always complaining about RADAR

[RCNW]
[RCNW]
Members
173 posts
6,614 battles
4 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

tell that to the DD drivers always complaining about RADAR

It's just me venting...  I feel better now.... I just wrecked two DD's in some smoke!!  hee hee!...

[SALVO]
Members
25,498 posts
27,483 battles

Honestly, I agree with the OP on not being able to see out of, through, or into smoke.  I part company with him in that until that becomes the case (if ever), I will continue to use the tools available.  I just happen to think that offensive smoke is an obscenity to the game.

• Cool 2

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,444 posts
10,195 battles
26 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Honestly, I agree with the OP on not being able to see out of, through, or into smoke.  I part company with him in that until that becomes the case (if ever), I will continue to use the tools available.  I just happen to think that offensive smoke is an obscenity to the game.

Ok, hydro and radar shouldn't see through islands. Scout planes shouldn't give you extra range and only show ships on the mini map and all ships should be visible at their max gun range all the time. :Smile_great:

I happen to think torpedoes fired into smoke, radar, hydro, double spotter planes, massive torpedo detection range on ijn torps and 33% HE overpen damage are "obscenities" in the game.

*insert sarcastic sock puppet here*

Spoiler

sock-puppet.gif

Edited by Vekta408
  • Cool 4

[RCNW]
[RCNW]
Members
173 posts
6,614 battles
4 minutes ago, Vekta408 said:

Ok, hydro and radar shouldn't see through islands

I agree with having Hydor and Radar Shadows for islands!!  But scout planes did give range...

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,444 posts
10,195 battles
Just now, q_sertorius said:

I agree with having Hydor and Radar Shadows for islands!!  But scout planes did give range...

Nope, you can't have your cake and eat it to. If you start talking about "real life" and "historical" when discussing a video game I'm going to laugh really hard...I might actually pass out from laughing that hard.

[RCNW]
[RCNW]
Members
173 posts
6,614 battles
Just now, Vekta408 said:

Nope, you can't have your cake and eat it to

But I want everything to go my way all the time!!  hee hee  Yours words are wise... Tanks Man!.

Members
483 posts
4,154 battles
11 minutes ago, q_sertorius said:

But I want everything to go my way all the time!!  hee hee  Yours words are wise... Tanks Man!.

Confirmed troll.

[SALVO]
Members
25,498 posts
27,483 battles
6 minutes ago, Vekta408 said:

Ok, hydro and radar shouldn't see through islands. Scout planes shouldn't give you extra range and only show ships on the mini map and all ships should be visible at their max gun range all the time. :Smile_great:

I happen to think torpedoes fired into smoke, radar, hydro, double spotter planes, massive torpedo detection range on ijn torps and 33% HE overpen damage are "obscenities" in the game.

*insert sarcastic sock puppet here*

Reveal hidden contents

sock-puppet.gif

Actually, I have no problem with planes only showing enemy ships on the minimap (with the possible exception of spotter planes).  And they shouldn't be able to spot torpedoes either.  They're flying far too high to spot torps in the water.

Furthermore, I have to seriously question the judgment of a person who laughs at reality and history since IMO that seriously damages any credibility you might have on the matter.

12 minutes ago, Vekta408 said:

Nope, you can't have your cake and eat it to. If you start talking about "real life" and "historical" when discussing a video game I'm going to laugh really hard...I might actually pass out from laughing that hard.

Oh, horse crap.  There's no reason why things can't be historical and reasonably realistic in a COMPUTER game.  Not all of us are moronic gamer geeks who blindly view things in a strictly binary mode and it's game play uber alles.  Some of us are able to see that it's entirely possible to do realism in a simplistic way that remains simple to play but not at the expense of reasonable realism.

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,444 posts
10,195 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

Actually, I have no problem with planes only showing enemy ships on the minimap (with the possible exception of spotter planes).  And they shouldn't be able to spot torpedoes either.  They're flying far too high to spot torps in the water.

Furthermore, I have to seriously question the judgment of a person who laughs at reality and history since IMO that seriously damages any credibility you might have on the matter.

Oh, horse crap.  There's no reason why things can't be historical and reasonably realistic in a COMPUTER game.  Not all of us are moronic gamer geeks who blindly view things in a strictly binary mode and it's game play uber alles.  Some of us are able to see that it's entirely possible to do realism in a simplistic way that remains simple to play but not at the expense of reasonable realism.

Ok that's fine. I'll agree with you on all this the moment you agree that CV should get buffed through the roof so they're the most dominant OP ships in the game... more so than they ever were in Beta. You want "historical" and "realistic" then lets have it. All of it. :cap_like:

[RCNW]
[RCNW]
Members
173 posts
6,614 battles
10 minutes ago, Slntreaper said:

Confirmed troll.

What's a troll?  Doesn't sound good!  hee hee

[SALVO]
Members
25,498 posts
27,483 battles
8 minutes ago, Vekta408 said:

Ok that's fine. I'll agree with you on all this the moment you agree that CV should get buffed through the roof so they're the most dominant OP ships in the game... more so than they ever were in Beta. You want "historical" and "realistic" then lets have it. All of it. :cap_like:

I think that you have a skewed view of how powerful carriers were in WW2.  Sure, they could be OP as heck when conducting a surprise attack (i.e. Pearl Harbor, Taranto).  But how did the Japanese carrier forces do when they attacked a task group of US BBs in the Battle of the Philippine Sea (IIRC).  As I recall, not a single US battleship was sunk during WW2 after Pearl Harbor, to carriers or anything else. 

As for sinking the Yamato by carrier planes, exactly how many planes and carriers did it take to sink her?  A LOT more than a single carrier and her planes that you'd see in a tier 10 WoWS battle.  400 planes from 8 CV's.  And I just read that Adm Spruance had ordered 6 modern BBs (3 South Dakotas and 3 Iowas), along the Alaska and Guam and other 5 other cruisers and 21 DDs to be a contingency force, just in case the CV's couldn't sink that Yamato.  (That's one heck of a contingency force!)

This isn't to deny that carriers were potent.  But they weren't god weapons either.

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,444 posts
10,195 battles
12 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I think that you have a skewed view of how powerful carriers were in WW2.  Sure, they could be OP as heck when conducting a surprise attack (i.e. Pearl Harbor, Taranto).  But how did the Japanese carrier forces do when they attacked a task group of US BBs in the Battle of the Philippine Sea (IIRC).  As I recall, not a single US battleship was sunk during WW2 after Pearl Harbor, to carriers or anything else. 

As for sinking the Yamato by carrier planes, exactly how many planes and carriers did it take to sink her?  A LOT more than a single carrier and her planes that you'd see in a tier 10 WoWS battle.  400 planes from 8 CV's.  And I just read that Adm Spruance had ordered 6 modern BBs (3 South Dakotas and 3 Iowas), along the Alaska and Guam and other 5 other cruisers and 21 DDs to be a contingency force, just in case the CV's couldn't sink that Yamato.  (That's one heck of a contingency force!)

This isn't to deny that carriers were potent.  But they weren't god weapons either.

"I want realism...just not too much":Smile-_tongue::Smile_teethhappy:

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
284 posts
12,145 battles
2 hours ago, q_sertorius said:

Just a small grammatical correction, it’s you’re as in “you are the guy”. Smoke is easy to counter, especially if you’re in your battleship. The easiest way I’ve found to counter smoke to to rush it bow in to avoid taking too many torps. Also, if you’re on a team that has a radar ship use it. Another option is to blind fire in to smoke by watching where the enemy ships shells are coming from. Several option for countering smoke. 

Edited by Misfit87
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,498 posts
27,483 battles
9 minutes ago, Vekta408 said:

"I want realism...just not too much":Smile-_tongue::Smile_teethhappy:

Not what I said, and not what I meant.  This is the typical moronic response I expect from foolish gamer geeks.