Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

12 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,705 battles
5 minutes ago, Fyeris said:

Aoba at Tier 8: Fun and Engaging.

Fun and Engaging.png

justin-timberlake-cry-me-a-river.gif

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,295 posts
22,179 battles

That is pretty tough...  You just have to play and not be noticed.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

If you cant make aoba work is better to drop the line, from T6 onwards they are very similar to each other.

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,410 posts
5,761 battles

what t8s experience is far worse than the few games you spent in the aoba in t8 games

Members
3,679 posts
8,111 battles

I mean, you have a 10 second reload on 6 guns, 203mm Mogami have 15 second reload on 10 guns...

You are not that far behind.

Armor wise Aoba isn't that much poorer either. Both your bow and stern will be overmatched by every single bb shell ever, just like Mogami. If angeled well your belt is well capable of bouncing shells, just like Mogami. You are rather swift and quick, just like Mogami. 

Play second line support, and Aoba's more than capable of doing her fair share of work even in the worst case scenario.

• Cool 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
7 hours ago, Fyeris said:

Aoba at Tier 8: Fun and Engaging.

Fun and Engaging.png

Starting with Myoko it gets a lot easier, tier 7-9 IJN CAs uptier a lot better than tier 5-6. Just be thankful that you didnt have to play the uptiered furutaka when it only had the B hull.

Members
4,301 posts
3,255 battles

This kind of match making in the Aoba is what convinced me to give up on the cruiser class. Well, Ocean was in heavy rotation at the time too

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,334 battles

And they threw in a Graf Zepplin... your team must have played well to overcome that handicap.

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

Aoba works quite well in tier 8 since she's packing the same caliber of guns her tier 8 counterparts do; thanks to her gun layout, she can dish out similar firepower when bow-on to enemies.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,208 posts
7,500 battles

While Ive always considered myself a BB main who plays CV's and dabbles in CA/DD play, I have found my best WR in cruisers. I run concealment in all my cruisers and it serves me well, staying at near max range is a huge help to survival

If my cruiser is broadside I WILL take a cit hit, at least one, usually 2 if a monty is shooting at me. Cruisers are tough to play, they are not a front line ship in any way.....and those IJN cruiser torps will get yourself killed more often than they'll kill an opponent!

Sign in to follow this