You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

Will doubloon of WOWS be allowed to share with WOT?

15 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,726 posts
26,569 battles

At one point yes, but it's 99% that's never going to happen. The economies are too different. Plus, if it were going to happen it would've happened already.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,974 battles

Likewise with Warplanes, which is too bad, since I'd like to dabble a little more there (game feels way less solid than Ships, though, so I don't want to really put money in).

One possible explanation is that years ago, when WG had its big moment where it decided to let Ships and Planes not be clones of Tanks, it also became infeasible to continue sharing currency. Premium accounts, on the other hand, encourage you to get into the other games, but also outpace your own earning capability in those games and make you want to buy gold.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
23 minutes ago, Lert said:

At one point yes, but it's 99% that's never going to happen. The economies are too different. Plus, if it were going to happen it would've happened already.

I agree that it's very unlikely to happen now even though they originally stated it would.  It's even still in writing...

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Gold_Economy

However, unless something has changed (and at a quick glance it hasn't) the gold/doubloon economies are basically identical.  There's no real reason not to do it as far as that's concerned.  

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

it has been very, in fact extremely unfortunate that WG went back on its word about the sharing of Gold/Doubloons between games.  Early on, one of the enticements for coming over to this game was that promise, for myself included. When it was later learned that WG was reneging on it, many that I personally know left the game and went back to WOT or some other game...may be a small part of the reason the overall population suffers in this game.

Members
6,667 posts
28 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Likewise with Warplanes, which is too bad, since I'd like to dabble a little more there (game feels way less solid than Ships, though, so I don't want to really put money in).

One possible explanation is that years ago, when WG had its big moment where it decided to let Ships and Planes not be clones of Tanks, it also became infeasible to continue sharing currency. Premium accounts, on the other hand, encourage you to get into the other games, but also outpace your own earning capability in those games and make you want to buy gold.

Planes and Tanks share gold and FreeXP.  Ships is the odd man out.

Edited by mavfin87

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,974 battles
9 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Planes and Tanks share gold and FreeXP.  Ships is the odd man out.

Didn't Planes come out before they decided to uncouple the games' development from each other, and Ships come out right about the time when that change happened?

Members
1,881 posts
7,191 battles

This question has been answered on the WoT gamescom Q&A

Fisch: Will there be unified Premium Accounts (currency and time) for all Wargaming games?

A: We already have unified Premium Accounts for our PC “World of” titles, so all fans of these games can purchase Premium Account safe in the knowledge that the amount is shared between them. As for the in-game currency, we have considered it, but it is difficult to introduce unified currencies in different MMO projects because they all have different life cycles and economies, so we plan to keep these separate.

Edited by Shadow_NA
  • Cool 1

Members
6,667 posts
2 minutes ago, Shadow_NA said:

This question has been answered on the WoT gamescom Q&A

Fisch: Will there be unified Premium Accounts (currency and time) for all Wargaming games?

A: We already have unified Premium Accounts for our PC “World of” titles, so all fans of these games can purchase Premium Account safe in the knowledge that the amount is shared between them. As for the in-game currency, we have considered it, but it is difficult to introduce unified currencies in different MMO projects because they all have different life cycles and economies, so we plan to keep these separate.

Yeah, even that isn't quite right.  Tanks and Planes *do* share Gold and FreeXP.  

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
11 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Yeah, even that isn't quite right.  Tanks and Planes *do* share Gold and FreeXP.  

That and the gold economies aren't different.  They'll just see a (mostly) temporary loss of income if they allow the unification of premium currency.  It definitely made sense when the game was starting out and, I guess, still kind of does.  There are a lot of WoT players that have stockpiled insane amounts of gold from Clan Wars and tournaments.  I myself had around 60k gold from WoT tournaments.

Edited by AspiringCodger

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,045 posts

I have a buddy that would love to have this happen.  Since we haven't touch that WoT for years.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
13 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

^^^^ This.

It started out as stated to be shared, not really sure why it can't be. Economies not withstanding. If WoWp and WoT can share, why should boats be any different, even with FXP?

I know nothing about WoWp, but I definitely understand credits and FXP not being shared between WoT and WoWs.  In this game you earn both at a much faster rate.  With camo, flags, premium time and bonus XP weekends, it's not that all hard to have 10k FXP games vs the average of around 300 FXP for a decent game of WoT on a x5 weekend.

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles
13 hours ago, AspiringCodger said:

I know nothing about WoWp, but I definitely understand credits and FXP not being shared between WoT and WoWs.  In this game you earn both at a much faster rate.  With camo, flags, premium time and bonus XP weekends, it's not that all hard to have 10k FXP games vs the average of around 300 FXP for a decent game of WoT on a x5 weekend.

Good point, but WoT has instituted bonds and other perks, so while not on par, they do have their multipliers. Gold however was always touted as the common currency, well before WoWp was even up and running. They pitched the same combined world as WT or actually they created it, and WT copied the vision. This was bandied about for years, and I have been playing for about 4 years including WoT. However, I will say that your 300 XP example for WoT seems a tad low, maybe for an ultra potato, and there are WAY more of those in WoT as compared to boats.

Edited by SmirkingGerbil

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

It's unlikely they will ever be shared 1:1, but WGRU had been experimenting with a trade-in system; IIRC, it was around 500 Gold = 100 Doubloons, with a minimum trade requirement of either 500 or 1000 Gold (in WoT/WoWp), and it was a one-way deal from WoT/WoWp to WoWs, as well as a manual request feature rather than an automatic one (meaning the ticket had to be submitted, and WGRU would take care of it one by one in the order they received the tickets).

Their reasoning being that due to the massive inflation of Gold from various Clans hoarding it among other things, they didn't want WoT or WoWp players just coming in with tons of Gold to burn on FXP/Credits/Premium Ships/etc, and conversely, didn't want WoWs players to stock up on Doubloons then exchange them for Gold via the 5:1 ratio (or whatever it was) in those two other games and also burning it on those games.