Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LowSpeed_US

OP = CV with manual fire options

57 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,793 battles

Manual drops are not OP. CVs are not OP. Some CVs are great at alpha strikes, sure, but to do that they have to:

-Dodge enemy fighters

-Dodge enemy AA ships

-Fly from the ships location to the target, which is usually near said AA ships that must be avoided

Now you're finally at your target 4 minutes into the game! Huzzah! You must now:

-position your planes perfectly outside of their AA range before initiating the attack

-Move in for your manual attack, braving their AA

-Line up your final drop and hope the enemy CV's fighters haven't gotten here yet

-Execute the drop perfectly, anticipating where the target is going to go, how fast it's moving, and how far out you need to drop for all of your ordnance to land. 

-Pray to RNGesus that your damage rolls are good

Hooray! You splattered someone or severely hurt them because you got everything right! Now you have to:

-Fly back to your carrier with your remaining planes

-Wait for them all to land, typically a minute or so

-Wait for the rearm to cycle (1-2+ minutes) 

-Launch the planes (about a minute) 

-Fly 3ish minutes back to your target area and start it all over again. 

 

This is what balances CV alpha potential. 

  • Cool 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

T4 and T5 CV average damage did not decrease at all with the removal of manual drops. They did, however, lose the ability to even attempt to attack ships sitting in smoke.

Manual drops are not OP. Surface ships abilities to deal with planes are, however, too limited.

The biggest disparity in the game is the skill ceiling in CV play and the skill ceiling in dealing with planes. One ceiling is kilometers high, the other is nanometers high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93
[RNJR]
Members
282 posts
4,954 battles
2 minutes ago, cometguy said:

T4 and T5 CV average damage did not decrease at all with the removal of manual drops. They did, however, lose the ability to even attempt to attack ships sitting in smoke.

Manual drops are not OP. Surface ships abilities to deal with planes are, however, too limited.

The biggest disparity in the game is the skill ceiling in CV play and the skill ceiling in dealing with planes. One ceiling is kilometers high, the other is nanometers high.

Yes exactly. Removal of manual torping prevents shooting torps at a smoked up target that is capping the damn base cap and its MADDENING. Imagine a BB shooting a Cruiser who starts puffing smoke which suddenly prevents use of your main armaments - insanity.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,575
Members
4,478 posts
19,839 battles
43 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

Manual drops are not OP. CVs are not OP.

Yes they are. Manual drops are guaranteed hits. (Unless the CV driver is a total dufus) No other class has this ability.

25 minutes ago, Swift_Scythe said:

Yes exactly. Removal of manual torping prevents shooting torps at a smoked up target that is capping the damn base cap and its MADDENING. Imagine a BB shooting a Cruiser who starts puffing smoke which suddenly prevents use of your main armaments - insanity.

It does. If you cant see your target, you cant hit it. That, to all intents, prevents you from using your main armament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,275
[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles
8 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

It does. If you cant see your target, you cant hit it. That, to all intents, prevents you from using your main armament.

 

Hitting targets in smoke is not witchcraft, and gets a lot easier when the target uses it's armaments (which they do at those Tiers). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
14 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Yes they are. Manual drops are guaranteed hits. (Unless the CV driver is a total dufus) No other class has this ability.

You have played 0 games in CV. That means you know nothing when it comes to the effort involved in guaranteeing a hit.

Just because you make yourself an easy target for a CV doesn't mean everyone else does.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
284 posts
12,910 battles
On 28/10/2017 at 2:19 AM, ValkyrWarframe said:

Another person complaining about carriers...

 

Edited by Gizuke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
605
[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,444 posts
10,195 battles

Suddenly there were even more CV t6+ that didn't know how to strafe or manual drop frustrating there teams even more than before. Gee... if only there was a way for them to learn these things before getting to the mid and high tiers. 

 

HMMMMMM :Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,900
[WOLFG]
Members
30,710 posts
9,292 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

Yes they are. Manual drops are guaranteed hits. (Unless the CV driver is a total dufus)

 

Either almost all CV drivers are total dufuses, or they're using auto drop then, because I don't get hit a lot by aerial torps.

 

Now if you're talking cross or stacked drops, different story, they are hard to avoid, but you can do those with auto too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
339
[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
772 posts
6,349 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

It does. If you cant see your target, you cant hit it. That, to all intents, prevents you from using your main armament.

I hit smoked targets all the time. Every single class is, and should be, able to attack an enemy ship in smoke even with no vision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,793 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

Yes they are. Manual drops are guaranteed hits. (Unless the CV driver is a total dufus) No other class has this ability.

It does. If you cant see your target, you cant hit it. That, to all intents, prevents you from using your main armament.

Actually, they all do. All you have to do is sail within 1-3km of the enemy ship, and you get guaranteed hits unless you're a doofus! 

Because that's the same thing a CV has to do to get those hits, they just use planes instead of the entire ship. 

 

It's not OP. Do you play CVs at all? 

 

Also, as to the smoke comment... Do you know how many things I've blapped sitting in smoke? It's not hard to drop a torp spread that covers most of it. And you can still shoot into smoke and get hits, especially if they're firing. 

Edited by Show_Me_Your_Cits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[5IN]
Members
2,106 posts
10,138 battles

CVs are not "OP".   A surface ship can lose its main armament, but it is rare to lose them all.  A CV can lose all of its planes and therefore be pretty much useless.  Sure you can run, cap, etc... but when the planes are gone, thats it.  

 

No... not "OP".  In the right hands, very powerful, but so too can be any ship out there.

 

B

Edited by bassmasta76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
232 posts
2,700 battles
2 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

As per a fellow forum member suggested, here it is.

 

Let's keep it civil people.

 

thread.jpg

Wow, someone forgot their wasd hacks. 

Also I believe I was in a game with you the other day @Show_Me_Your_Cits 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,793 battles
1 minute ago, 457th_FighterGroup said:

Wow, someone forgot their wasd hacks. 

Also I believe I was in a game with you the other day @Show_Me_Your_Cits 

Weren't you in a Ranger? 

 

That game at the end was just... There are no words...

 

You did well though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
232 posts
2,700 battles
2 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

Weren't you in a Ranger? 

 

That game at the end was just... There are no words...

 

You did well though. 

Indeed I was in a Ranger. Hopefully it will be one of my last games with her as I now have around 110K base XP total on that dumb ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
11,026 posts
30,430 battles
3 hours ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

~snip~

 

"Khabarovsk is not OP because there are some really bad Khab players that totally suck with her"

 

- Basically your logic.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
494
[OO7]
Members
1,421 posts
8,759 battles
3 minutes ago, issm said:

 

"Khabarovsk is not OP because there are some really bad Khab players that totally suck with her"

 

- Basically your logic.

 

"Kawachii is OP because there are some really good players that wreck with her."

 

- Basically your logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,575
Members
4,478 posts
19,839 battles
3 hours ago, cometguy said:

You have played 0 games in CV. That means you know nothing when it comes to the effort involved in guaranteeing a hit.

Just because you make yourself an easy target for a CV doesn't mean everyone else does.

You don't know doodly squat about how I play.

I do know, that (A) a BB or CA cannot turn faster than planes can fly, so being bow on to a manual torp drop aint likely. (B) that a BB/CA/DD cannot dodge torps that are dropped right next to the ship. If you played BBs, CAs, and DDs more (instead of 67.68% of your battles being in CVs) you'd know that too. And I'm certain that you DO know that, which is why you're such a big CV fan/player; For the easy risk free kills.

BTW, I have zero battles in CVs for two reasons; Self respect and because I like to FIGHT a battle, not hide behind a island in a remote part of the map and attack defenseless players in safety.

 

Edited by ReddNekk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,793 battles
2 hours ago, issm said:

 

"Khabarovsk is not OP because there are some really bad Khab players that totally suck with her"

 

- Basically your logic.

What part of "They're not OP because they can only strike a few times a game" did you get that from? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
2 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

You don't know doodly squat about how I play.

I do know, that (A) a BB or CA cannot turn faster than planes can fly, so being bow on to a manual torp drop aint likely. (B) that a BB/CA/DD cannot dodge torps that are dropped right next to the ship. If you played BBs, CAs, and DDs more (instead of 67.68% of your battles being in CVs) you'd know that too. And I'm certain that you DO know that, which is why you're such a big CV fan/player; For the easy risk free kills.

BTW, I have zero battles in CVs for two reasons; Self respect and because I like to FIGHT a battle, not hide behind a island in a remote part of the map and attack defenseless players in safety.

 

I know you think all but dufuses can guarantee hits with manual drops. And as you have pointed out, I play CV games a lot, so I'm very familiar with the quality of CV players in the game. If you can only avoid hits by the dufuses, then you are an easy target. And I have just as many games in DDs and BBs as you do, a better wtr and wr in every ship type, and I don't have problems with CVs in any of them. Perhaps if you were to pick up CVs, you'd become more familiar with their weaknesses, and be able to put that knowledge to good use in your other ships. Or just keep on being an easy target, it doesn't matter to me

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,575
Members
4,478 posts
19,839 battles
5 minutes ago, cometguy said:

I know you think all but dufuses can guarantee hits with manual drops. And as you have pointed out, I play CV games a lot, so I'm very familiar with the quality of CV players in the game. If you can only avoid hits by the dufuses, then you are an easy target. And I have just as many games in DDs and BBs as you do, a better wtr and wr in every ship type, and I don't have problems with CVs in any of them. Perhaps if you were to pick up CVs, you'd become more familiar with their weaknesses, and be able to put that knowledge to good use in your other ships. Or just keep on being an easy target, it doesn't matter to me

 

I tried out a CV, (Hosho) but got no further than the Training Room. I wasn't impressed. It's long range warfare with zero risk to the user. I have too much self respect to play like that. I was very happy to sell it off and get it out of my port.

As for your precious winrate, so what? YOU didn't win those battles, the team that you were 1/12th of won it. And you were in no danger during those battles. I aint impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×