You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Krickett

Camo not showing on my ships anymore

21 comments in this topic

Members
26 posts
63 battles

Starting this morning every piece of camo I have put on does NOT show up on the ship (regardless of the ship) I believe I am getting the bonus's (I am not 100% but it seems like it) any way to check this?)

just wondering what is going on that is all.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,686 posts
19,814 battles

To check if you still get the bonuses look at your XP and credits tab in the after battle report.

As for the problem of them not showing on the ship, are you sure you didn't forget to check resupply automatically? Or did you install a mod?

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,279 battles

Occasionally an update has somehow managed to turn off the 'auto-reload' button on flags, camo, and/or signals.  Definitely look in the 'exterior' tab in port and make sure your camo is equipped, and that the auto-reload is set to 'enable'. 

Also, and forgive me if I'm going over something you already know, were you using the one-shot camo patterns, like Type 1, Type 5, the various Halloween camos, etc.?  These patterns are one-time use only - so when you run out of them, you can't reload them so you end up without camo.  Some of them, like Type 5, can be purchased automatically.  This is a bit dangerous as they default to using doubloons to purchase them.  If you mount one of these camos, and set it to auto-reload, then once you run out of stockpiled camos it will automatically purchase more until you run out of currency.  There is a checkbox near the auto-reload that you can toggle to prevent this from happening, but I just wanted to make sure you are aware of it.  Many players have wasted a lot of doubloons that way.

Members
26 posts
63 battles

I do not use auto camo I place them on my ship each battle and it is not showing up when I place it on even though it uses a camo. It was working last night not sure what is going on this morning....  I do use Aislans(sp) mod pack but it has never done this to me before.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,686 posts
19,814 battles
5 minutes ago, Dr_Krickett said:

but it has never done this to me before.

Well, yeah. Things always work before they break. That's the definition of something breaking.

Can you please show us a screenshot of your camo window, like this?

D56F90m.jpg

[BB-57]
[BB-57]
Members
190 posts
18,080 battles

It may just be a delay on the server side.  Mine doesn't always appear at first but halfway through battle it shows up.  Ask a teammate if they see camo on your ship....

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
791 posts
12,618 battles

Not what the OP maybe referring to but there are also the camos that don't appear unless enabled (example: Kii).  At work so I cant show a picture of the check box for them

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,942 battles
58 minutes ago, Lert said:

Well, yeah. Things always work before they break. That's the definition of something breaking.

and in this episode of "Life with Lert", we will see what the word "broken" means ...

later, we will get a working definition of what a "Human Potato" is ...

we'll be right back after this commercial message from extra-strength Tylenol; something every Captain occasionally needs!

so don't change that channel and don't go away!

• Cool 1

[TCF]
[TCF]
Members
299 posts
14,706 battles

camoflages.xml in your res_mods folder is the culprit.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,599 posts

I really find it hard to believe everyone is being sucked in by this troll. He has 52 battles, he doesn't actually play the game....:Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,686 posts
19,814 battles
21 minutes ago, Umikami said:

and in this episode of "Life with Lert", we will see what the word "broken" means ...

After years working as a computer service / repair guy back in the day I just developed a very low tolerance for "but it used to work fine before". The most useless phrase in existence. And they always sound so whiny when they say it too.

[WOLF1]
Members
5,763 posts
2 hours ago, Dr_Krickett said:

I do not use auto camo I place them on my ship each battle and it is not showing up when I place it on even though it uses a camo. It was working last night not sure what is going on this morning....  I do use Aislans(sp) mod pack but it has never done this to me before.

There are certain skin options from Aslain's that will stop any camo from showing.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,398 posts
14,069 battles

Obviously, your camos have become aware of your forum activity in other threads, and they are hiding in SHAME.

Or...hey!!! maybe some other unscrupulous players are engaged in "camo-stealing!"

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,974 posts
12,663 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

later, we will get a working definition of what a "Human Potato" is ...

we'll be right back after this commercial message from extra-strength Tylenol; something every Captain occasionally needs!

so don't change that channel and don't go away!

:Smile_teethhappy:

40 minutes ago, Lert said:

After years working as a computer service / repair guy back in the day I just developed a very low tolerance for "but it used to work fine before". The most useless phrase in existence. And they always sound so whiny when they say it too.

Because how you fixed it was magic. Most people don't know or want to know the guts of something, just hurry up and fix it when the magic smoke comes out. :Smile_teethhappy: 

[PVE]
Members
19,974 posts
12,663 battles
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Obviously, your camos have become aware of your forum activity in other threads, and they are hiding in SHAME.

Or...hey!!! maybe some other unscrupulous players are engaged in "camo-stealing!"

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that was too funny. :Smile_honoring:

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,942 battles
54 minutes ago, Lert said:

After years of being around the automotive service industry (tow truck driver), it never ceases to amaze me, the things people say. Actually once heard a woman say " ... but my car steered fine before you fixed the radio!"

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

One of my other favorites was a woman I was on a cell phone call with while I was trying to find her broken down car on the freeway. I asked her if there were any street signs nearby, and she said yes, there was, and I asked what it said and she replied, and I quote, "Speed Limit 55."

What can you do; I told her we'd be right there.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,942 battles
22 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

those dirty red camo-baggers!

[NSEW]
Members
2,096 posts
11,302 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Ah, I'll take another approach and tone the next time I call such centres (if ever). 

Perhaps, "It worked after I powered it down" with as matter of fact tone. :)

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,686 posts
19,814 battles
1 minute ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Perhaps, "It worked after I powered it down" with as matter of fact tone. :)

Yes, make fun of and annoy the person who fixes your computer and determines the cost ...

[NSEW]
Members
2,096 posts
11,302 battles

...upon noticing that the humour wasn't translated. He quickly follows up with "it was a joke sir"...