You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mustangman6579

Is there a plan to fix the US and JPN BB lines?

108 comments in this topic

[BTD]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,253 posts
5,846 battles

Since they have been WAY power creeped out with the introduction of the new lines?

The only one that still somewhat competes is the yammy. But  I don't own one, so I don't know that for sure. 

Here is what I would do. 
ALL us and JPN get their Sec's buffed. Not to the range of the german line, but closer. 

JPN should get a reload consumable or just a buff. 

US should get a HP repair buff. Meaning they repair more HP that other nations. 

• Cool 3

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

I don't see much of a problem with the US BB line. My North Carolina holds its own fairly well in tier X matches. Sure, it needs help to sink a Conqueror but that's sort of to be expected, it needs help to sink a Montana too. 

• Cool 2

[BTD]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,253 posts
5,846 battles
15 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I don't see much of a problem with the US BB line. My North Carolina holds its own fairly well in tier X matches. Sure, it needs help to sink a Conqueror but that's sort of to be expected, it needs help to sink a Montana too. 

Thing is, for example. The bismark has better or equal everything that your NC has. Even had hydro. NC has nothing going for it. Got powercreeped. 

[UEFN]
Members
473 posts
4,253 battles
11 minutes ago, mustangman6579 said:

Thing is, for example. The bismark has better or equal everything that your NC has. Even had hydro. NC has nothing going for it. Got powercreeped. 

You realize the NC has guns with higher damage, penetration, and accuracy right? (A LOT more accuracy.) Not to mention better concealment and AA. I'd never use a Bismarck over the NC if I had to pick just one. Not to mention the Bismarck eats penetrations everywhere compared to the all or nothing armor on the NC.

• Cool 5

[R-L]
Members
620 posts
6,152 battles
21 minutes ago, mustangman6579 said:

Nothing, except guns that are on way different level, and AA, and.... everything else except secondaries and hydro, at this point you can say that bismarck got outcreeped by older BB

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
3 minutes ago, Speedstang said:

You realize the NC has guns with higher damage, penetration, and accuracy right? (A LOT more accuracy.) Not to mention better concealment and AA. I'd never use a Bismarck over the NC if I had to pick just one. Not to mention the Bismarck eats penetrations everywhere compared to the all or nothing armor on the NC.

I agree with this. When I see a Bismarck, at least at long to medium-long range, I hardly give it any thought because I can get twice the hits on it that it can on me. I have a full concealment build on my NC too. Unless I'm spotted by a plane or DD, I can fire my guns and before the shells hit I drop off detection. It's really hard for an enemy to accurately fire back at me when I keep blinking in and out of detection.  Point the nose of a NC at a Bismarck and it can shoot AP at you at medium to long range and never do anything but send shells ricocheting off into the sir. Now, if one of those German BBs gets within 12 km and you are broadside to it then the tides begin to turn, but close-in brawling is their strength too.

[4HIM]
Members
3,238 posts
13,863 battles

I do think the lower tier IJN BB's need some help.  The Kawachi and Myogi are kind of painful to play.  The Kawachi is truly a horrid ship.  URPeacekeeper did a bit on it and had nothing good to say about it.  Said it needed a buff since Beta.  I don't think they need a major buff.  Myogi is a little better, but not much.  And the grind through it, given multiple hull upgrades AND it sits where the CV line splits off, means you're stuck playing a lot of matches in it.  My progress up the IJN BB line stopped there just because it is not in any way fun to play the Myogi.  These two just need something that makes playing them worth while. 

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles
Just now, ZARDOZ_II said:

I do think the lower tier IJN BB's need some help.  The Kawachi and Myogi are kind of painful to play.  The Kawachi is truly a horrid ship.  URPeacekeeper did a bit on it and had nothing good to say about it.  Said it needed a buff since Beta.  I don't think they need a major buff.  Myogi is a little better, but not much.  And the grind through it, given multiple hull upgrades AND it sits where the CV line splits off, means you're stuck playing a lot of matches in it.  My progress up the IJN BB line stopped there just because it is not in any way fun to play the Myogi.  These two just need something that makes playing them worth while. 

they do have something that makes playing them worth while. 5 somethings to be exact.

they're called Kongo, Fuso, Nagato, Amagi and Yamato.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
3,238 posts
13,863 battles
5 minutes ago, MidnightShamalan said:

they do have something that makes playing them worth while. 5 somethings to be exact.

they're called Kongo, Fuso, Nagato, Amagi and Yamato.

True. But there are good BB's going up every line.  I just find the grind through these two IJN BB's not to be in any way fun.  I'd love to get past the Myogi and have thought about just using free XP to do just that.  But given how in-fun they are, and how much it would cost to do that, I just don't play the Myogi more than maybe once a week. 

Couple days ago my day started out at 0700 with a dentist appointment.  Then I had to go to work and have a meeting where we talked about OSHA regulations on employee injury reporting.  I find even that more enjoyable than playing multiple matches in the Myogi or Kawachi. 

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Instead of buffing any BB lines (which they don't need, other than a select few ships), how about bringing the strongest in line with the rest of their counterparts?

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles

To say this about the NC and Bismark, I would rather take the NC into a T10 match, the Bismarck is almost useless. This is the meta though, everything is at range so you can't play to the Bismarck's strengths and if they try to push your quickly focused fired

Power creeped, ha, but if you want to buff the Amagi and NC I'm all for it though

[YARRR]
Members
735 posts
5,955 battles

Been running Nagato of late.

In a T9 match it's all you can do to stay alive, and hope you get enough damage to pay the bills.  I've been doing it, but it is not really fun.  Sheesh, I even bounds shells of a Taiho last night, zero damage.

Really?  An aircraft carrier that can bounce 16" guns.   That right there is utter nonsense.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles
3 hours ago, mustangman6579 said:

The Bismarck-North Carolina-Amagi triangle is defined by the three factors Speed, firepower and armor.

Bismarck has Speed and armor, but lacks firepower

North Carolina has armor and firepower, but lacks speed

Amagi has Speed and firepower, but lacks armor

Those three ships are all well balanced, no Need to fix anything.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,666 posts
9,285 battles
3 hours ago, mustangman6579 said:

Bis 15"  guns and turtleback have nothing on NC's 16" guns and bow armor, or Amagi's 16.1" guns and troll belt (when angled) out past 10km.

If you prefer to play under 10km, then yes, Bismarck will be superior, just like the other ones are at 15km.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,666 posts
9,285 battles
37 minutes ago, ElAurens said:

Really?  An aircraft carrier that can bounce 16" guns.   That right there is utter nonsense.

You're probably bouncing them off the armored deck. Shells fly a lot flatter than they look when you shoot them.

Not so hard to believe, when you see a 122mm shell can bounce off the roof of a Lada. (it's on Youtube)

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

I dont see a huge powercreep on the USN and IJN BB lines. Yes some ships could use some buffs, but in general they are fine. 

Members
4,546 posts

I's still rather use a IJN or USN BB over a British or German BB.  At the moment I play British because I want the KGV, once I have that one I'll probably stop  At the tier I usually play, German BBs are HP pinatas, British, not sure about, US BBs are heavy hitters (don't go broadside to them unless you want your health deleted) and IJN the snipers.

[APEZ]
Members
2,516 posts
8,824 battles
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

"as an example of how the US BB line is fine, let me pick the best ship, tier for tier" 

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles

Just be happy the USN BB experience is absolutely nothing whatsoever like the Pensa/NO/Balti near vertical climb to the DM.

The CO is NOT a bad ship. A little shot-gunny to be sure but she's not an unpleasant grind.

NC can dominate when top tiered and when placed as a lowbie in 8-10Tier matches she can go toe to toe with her sister ships if played smart.

I've had the Iowa for some time but have yet to pull the trigger on retraining my Cpt and investing the time(I'm casual and play multiple lines/linger in lower tiers). Also need some coin for the mods. Aside from that(other than running stock for who knows how long) I'm sure she'll be a blast.

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,775 posts
2,137 battles

There are perhaps a few ships that lag behind, but I don't think entire liens need more buffs.

In fact, it would be better for the game's balance if WG focused more on reining in the power of some ships/lines, rather than continually buff ships and then make the situation worse overall.

• Cool 1