You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SatansOilcan

Want a huge discount on dubloons? Buy lots of Halloween crates!!

55 comments in this topic

[ANKER]
Members
439 posts
14,156 battles

Okay, so you get dubloons for getting duplicate camos.  Here is what happened for me

1) Bought 2X 25 crate deals (didn't realize I would like them so much and went back for more)  Cost $100

Result:  Got every permanent skin and 1 dupe for 5000 dubloons

2) Bought 55 crates at a cost of ~$100

Result, every single skin was a dupe so I yielded 50,000 dubloons!  If I were to just buy the dubloons I would have had to pay ~$200 bucks

Synopsis:

If you're like me and don't mind blowing copious dollars on digital ether, the dubloons are totally worth it.  I also wound up with 240K in free exp, and about 1,500 India Delta flags, I love these flags and you can only earn 10 a day...  can't normally buy them ever.  I think these crates are a peach of a deal.

:cap_like:

• Cool 2

[VVV]
Members
341 posts

But they don't sell the cool new ships for gold. I have been sitting on lots of gold for over a year and got nothing to spend it on. Whats the point of getting more?

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
13,681 posts
3 minutes ago, gloom13 said:

But they don't sell the cool new ships for gold. I have been sitting on lots of gold for over a year and got nothing to spend it on. Whats the point of getting more?

Many premiums eventually rotate into the tech tree over time but you are right they dont put the new ones there right away.

Edited by RipNuN2

[VVV]
Members
341 posts
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Many premiums eventually rotate into the tech tree over time but you are right they dont put the new ones there right away.

In theory yes, that is what wargaming promises, but the reality is there are TWO premium tier 8 ships available for gold: Atago and Tirpitz

Just two. And these are VERY old premiums. They have been available pretty much from the start so about 2 years. 

[YIKES]
Members
3,880 posts
23,586 battles

They are worth it if you need them. For me there are only so many upgrades I can demount using doubloons. The speed flags are tempting though.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,247 posts
10,081 battles

Fail to see the need of more doubloons here since no more premium ships I need buy.

[HINON]
Members
13,681 posts
7 minutes ago, gloom13 said:

In theory yes, that is what wargaming promises, but the reality is there are TWO premium tier 8 ships available for gold: Atago and Tirpitz

Just two. And these are VERY old premiums. They have been available pretty much from the start so about 2 years. 

Those are pretty poor examples as there arent that many T8 premiums that have been out for a long time with the Prinz Eugen and Lo Yang being exceptions. I wouldn't be surprised to see them rotated in with the next group.

[ANKER]
Members
439 posts
14,156 battles

I hear a rumor that Musashi will be released much like the T9 Missouri.  The dubloons would be nice to convert regular XP...

[VVV]
Members
341 posts
11 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Those are pretty poor examples as there arent that many T8 premiums that have been out for a long time with the Prinz Eugen and Lo Yang being exceptions. I wouldn't be surprised to see them rotated in with the next group.

They arn't poor example though - they are the ONLY examples. Game around for two years. Right now you can get 2 tier 8 premium for gold.

World of tanks is a much much much older game. I joined it 5 years ago or so. So lets look at wargaming track record there - dozens and dozens of new premium tier 8 tanks have been created over these 5 years. Whats available for gold?

USA - t34 , super Pershing. These have been available since long before I joined. Beta I think? So 7 years - no new usa tanks for gold. SEVEN YEARS

But wait - Russian bias right, there should be lots of Soviet tier 8 tanks right? There are. But for gold?  IS-6, been around for 7 years and a couple of years back they did add a medium tank t-54 mod1, not the best of tanks. So 1 tank for gold added in 7 years, none upcoming.

Germany? Lowe has been around for 7 years, and the other one panther 88 i think was added in 2014 - so 3 years ago.

And these are their 3 most popular nations. And just to be clear - there have been dozens of new tier 8 tanks introduced, all much much better than the old ones in the tech tree and available only from the store.

Why on earth would you expect wargaming to change? Why would you refuse to see the two premium tier 8 ships for gold in 2 years as exactly what it is, and exactly what it has been in their other games, and exactly what it will continue to be?

• Cool 1

Members
949 posts
4,357 battles
1 hour ago, driedjello said:

Okay, so you get dubloons for getting duplicate camos.  Here is what happened for me

1) Bought 2X 25 crate deals (didn't realize I would like them so much and went back for more)  Cost $100

Result:  Got every permanent skin and 1 dupe for 5000 dubloons

2) Bought 55 crates at a cost of ~$100

Result, every single skin was a dupe so I yielded 50,000 dubloons!  If I were to just buy the dubloons I would have had to pay ~$200 bucks

Synopsis:

If you're like me and don't mind blowing copious dollars on digital ether, the dubloons are totally worth it.  I also wound up with 240K in free exp, and about 1,500 India Delta flags, I love these flags and you can only earn 10 a day...  can't normally buy them ever.  I think these crates are a peach of a deal.

:cap_like:

So you spent $200 on $200 worth of doubloons and got some paints. OK then

• Cool 1

[NSEW]
Members
2,096 posts
11,302 battles
29 minutes ago, Strachwitz666 said:

So you spent $200 on $200 worth of doubloons and got some paints. OK then

I think what the OP's intent was to share his own experience in being surprised in a good way; by the look of the post.

Besides, if he had just spent strickly on the number of doubloons stated. He wouldn't have any other associated by products; 1500 flags, free XP, and permanent camos.

As for other who have "lots of gold", I do not know what constitutes 'lots'. But if you do have 'lots' of gold. You have options. 

Use them to convert XP from the ships, into Free XP for one. There are to my knowledge, few more ships that you can get with XP; Missouri and Hood. Unless I'm missing more?

• Cool 1

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
9,003 battles
1 hour ago, gloom13 said:

Invalid. The number of tier 8 premiums that have been arround long enough to be rotated into the tech tree is 3, tirpitz, atago and MK, the latter of which having already been removed. All other tier 8s have not been arround as long as say the saipan which is currently in the tree. 

[VVV]
Members
341 posts
2 hours ago, Raptor_alcor said:

Invalid. The number of tier 8 premiums that have been arround long enough to be rotated into the tech tree is 3, tirpitz, atago and MK, the latter of which having already been removed. All other tier 8s have not been arround as long as say the saipan which is currently in the tree. 

Sure its valid. You are giving reason and excuses "why" something is happening, but it really does not matter to someone who has gold to spend and no ships to spend it on. Does it matter why possibly two more years might pass before you get to spend that gold? 

And if you take world of tanks for a guide, a kid born today might be going to school by the time you get a premium ship you want to buy for gold you get today. This is not an exaggeration, in world of tanks someone who got gold to get a premium tier 8 us tank 7 years ago is still waiting today yet has sent their 7 year old kid to grade school this year.

Caveat emptor people, get gold if there is already something you want to spend it on, do not expect anything to change from what you can get right now.

Edited by gloom13

[VVV]
Members
341 posts
11 minutes ago, murryhawk said:

Mine was crap, so many halloween camos only 60k free XP and 17k doubloons...WG u got me for the last time..

How many crates did you open?

Members
938 posts
16,048 battles

You can buy any ships in WOW even in tree line with FXP...but beware, without proper practice and jumping to much into high tier, you might end up being potato...and crying over t8 ships in t10 battle.:cap_like:

[VVV]
Members
341 posts
1 hour ago, murryhawk said:

Yeah you got a bit short changed then, not much but a little bit. About two more duplicate camoes would have gotten you to the expected gold amount. Sorry mate :(

[VVV]
Members
341 posts
1 minute ago, bandits86 said:

You can buy any ships in WOW even in tree line with FXP...but beware, without proper practice and jumping to much into high tier, you might end up being potato...and crying over t8 ships in t10 battle.:cap_like:

I am pretty sure going up a tree does not prevent you from being a "potato" or complaining about match maker. :)

[AA-DS]
Members
978 posts
50 minutes ago, gloom13 said:

Yeah you got a bit short changed then, not much but a little bit. About two more duplicate camoes would have gotten you to the expected gold amount. Sorry mate :(

Indeed

[5IN]
Members
2,106 posts
10,138 battles

I was tempted to buy the 55 pack of crates, but I think I'll get a smaller number and save my money for Santa Crates.... and the possibility of premium ships that I dont have.  

Good luck to those of you that do buy into the big pack!

b

[CAPGO]
Members
744 posts
8,925 battles
16 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

I was tempted to buy the 55 pack of crates, but I think I'll get a smaller number and save my money for Santa Crates.... and the possibility of premium ships that I dont have.  

Good luck to those of you that do buy into the big pack!

b

but question is... how is everyone so sure that santa crate is comming back for this year??

Im a new player from early this year.. so I am really hoping it does come back but..who knows?

Members
1,019 posts
8,519 battles
26 minutes ago, 0806sung said:

but question is... how is everyone so sure that santa crate is comming back for this year??

Im a new player from early this year.. so I am really hoping it does come back but..who knows?

they will, believe me, last year they sold so many of those crates they even extended the period of those crates sale, so wonder how much money they were making in order to do that.