Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

A non negotiation demand!

41 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,045
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

As a product of the 60's we had all these political " non negotiation demands" when I was in college.  I want the PORT OF HONG KONG added as a port for our ships.  It was a major port for all the Western fleets after the Brits grabbed it around the time of the Opium Wars with China. I know, I know, this may not be "politically correct" but Hong Kong was a big deal right up thru WII. OK?  Famous. Etc. etc.  Blah blah.  Comments? Am I outta line here?  Singapore would also be cool......it was also a major Brit port.  " The guns of Singapore!"  Well, ahem, they were pointing the wrong way when the Japanese came down the Malay peninsula in 1941. But!  It was a major Asian port. Ok....imperialism and all that but this is 2017.....done....over.  I shut up now.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
484
[SOUP]
[SOUP]
Members
1,680 posts
7,380 battles

As a latin-american I 'd like to see BOTH entrances to the Panama Canal as ports.

As a Beatles fan Having Liverpool AND Hamburg would be fab.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
937
[WOLFB]
Members
3,212 posts

I would like to see that over cartoon ports. Before people flip out I don’t have an issue with them being in the game. But I would like to see more actual ports in the game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

OK well I want Hamburg with all recently built U-BOATS tied up in the background.

[Oh my, submarines managed to resurface in a thread yet again. mea culpa.]

Spoiler

59f28f7d739d1_Hamburgsubmarines.jpg.e478d75e1fa3c0e956781329059b29c0.jpg

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
548 posts
2,157 battles
53 minutes ago, dmckay said:

As a product of the 60's we had all these political " non negotiation demands" when I was in college.  I want the PORT OF HONG KONG added as a port for our ships.  It was a major port for all the Western fleets after the Brits grabbed it around the time of the Opium Wars with China. I know, I know, this may not be "politically correct" but Hong Kong was a big deal right up thru WII. OK?  Famous. Etc. etc.  Blah blah.  Comments? Am I outta line here?  Singapore would also be cool......it was also a major Brit port.  " The guns of Singapore!"  Well, ahem, they were pointing the wrong way when the Japanese came down the Malay peninsula in 1941. But!  It was a major Asian port. Ok....imperialism and all that but this is 2017.....done....over.  I shut up now.

Mr. dmckay, there is Yokosuka, I see RN ships many times here. It is USN repair facility also. We love RN here so get away from Hong Kong we love RN more. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,045
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
Just now, MzFortune58 said:

Mr. dmckay, there is Yokosuka, I see RN ships many times here. It is USN repair facility also. We love RN here so get away from Hong Kong we love RN more. lol

Hey tks.  My post was somewhat tongue in check but I would like to see Hong Kong.....huge and major historical port........as was Singapore. :Smile_honoring:  Carry on.  OK.....Yokosuka!!!!! Ya

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,045
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
2 minutes ago, MzFortune58 said:

I also Mr. dmckay, but really we do enjoy excellent relationship with RN, so my humor with yours. 

You are a nice person.  And yes, I do some stuff that I feel is humorous but some can (and have) taken it the wrong way. Hey...someone said Liverpool would be "fab".  Ya!  Hometown of the Fab Four.  "She loves you ya ya ya....yaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
548 posts
2,157 battles
5 minutes ago, dmckay said:

You are a nice person.  And yes, I do some stuff that I feel is humorous but some can (and have) taken it the wrong way. Hey...someone said Liverpool would be "fab".  Ya!  Hometown of the Fab Four.  "She loves you ya ya ya....yaaaaaaaaaaaa"

This Fab four?

You first person ever sing to me and so well. 

Edited by MzFortune58

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,045
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
8 minutes ago, MzFortune58 said:

This Fab four?

Heh.  NO.  The Beatles. This groups here has passed me by.  Cool but not my era. Take care.

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,045
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
1 minute ago, MzFortune58 said:

Do not understand this comment? teasing me? not sure

I am absolutely NOT teasing you.  I would not do that.  I am honorable....usually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,045
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
57 minutes ago, Cruiser_SanJuan said:

As a latin-american I 'd like to see BOTH entrances to the Panama Canal as ports.

As a Beatles fan Having Liverpool AND Hamburg would be fab.

THIS is a creative idea.  Plus 1 +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
548 posts
2,157 battles
3 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I am absolutely NOT teasing you.  I would not do that.  I am honorable....usually.

lol yes I can tell by your laughing at me. Its ok I am joke here anyway. I enjoyed conversing with you take care. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,045
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
Just now, MzFortune58 said:

lol yes I can tell by your laughing at me. Its ok I am joke here anyway. I enjoyed conversing with you take care. 

You are not a joke.  You are cool and nice. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,045
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
9 minutes ago, Fan_for_SebVettel said:

If WG ain't give in your demand?

My Svetlana has (secretly) NUKES armed and ready to launch. With me the nuclear option is not off the table. I just talked to KIM and Trump....they will back me up!  :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,760
[RLGN]
Members
19,142 posts
35,184 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

Well, ahem, they were pointing the wrong way when the Japanese came down the Malay peninsula in 1941.

 

An excuse; nothing more. The guns could in fact fire towards the Japanese invaders, but were hampered by a lack of HE shells, (being equiped with mostly AP for use against ships.)

 

Yamashita was a strong, imaginative leader and had some serious bowling balls.

 

Percival was a less imaginative, weak leader, (not necessarily all his fault,) and had BBs, if that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,087 battles
7 minutes ago, MzFortune58 said:

lol yes I can tell by your laughing at me. Its ok I am joke here anyway. I enjoyed conversing with you take care. 

Dude I wasn't laughing at you, it was a funny post, the cookie was giving credit for a funny joke. Sorry you interpreted it as me laughing at you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
313 posts
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

My Svetlana has (secretly) NUKES armed and ready to launch. With me the nuclear option is not off the table. I just talked to KIM and Trump....they will back me up!  :Smile_teethhappy:

Sound like a Shadow Moses incident 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,045
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

 

An excuse; nothing more. The guns could in fact fire towards the Japanese invaders, but were hampered by a lack of HE shells, (being equiped with mostly AP for use against ships.)

 

Yamashita was a strong, imaginative leader and had some serious bowling balls.

 

Percival was a less imaginative, weak leader, (not necessarily all his fault,) and had BBs, if that.

 

 

Good stuff.  Been years since I have read about ther fall of Singapore but, if I recall correctlyPercival was in better shape than he thought but Yamashita had, as you say, balls, and Percival folded.  Correct me if I am wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×