You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WellingtonBoot

An Italian Battleship? No one tell Nelson - Make Your Submissions for the Giulio Cesare COMMUNITY SCOOP!

23 comments in this topic

-Members-
33 posts
1,814 battles

You may have noticed that this wasn't posted by TheURLGuy. That's because he's disappearing soon, probably to wander the Pacific Northwest on an annual migration of some sort. Don't worry, he'll be back!  

As this task has fallen to me, it is incumbent upon me to enlighten you ungrateful Colonials that from now until November 1 at 12:00 PT / 15:00 ET, I’m accepting your Giulio Cesare content for consideration.

Friends, Romans, Countrymen... play Giulio Cesare, send your foes to the bottom, and LEND ME THEIR TEARS! (Every good Briton loves the classics). 

34cb79e67f15595a24dff09b4bda2edc.jpg

Here’s the kind of stuff I’m looking for.

·         Short Writing (Ideally shorter than 250 words)

o   A short review of Giulio Cesare

o   Recommended tactics in battle

o   Recommended Modification or Commander Skill builds

·         Videos

o   A review of Giulio Cesare

o   Epic footage of you winning in Giulio Cesare

o   Hilarious footage of you sucking in Giulio Cesare

·         Spicy Memes, preferably too spicy for the refined palate of a British Field Marshal

Have fun, but remember that Community Guidelines are still a thing. Our legal eagles also advise you to not rely heavily on copyrighted content for your stuff (a brief sound clip in your video is probably fine, but I wouldn't push the envelope).

Past that, there's only one thing I really want...

tumblr_oqn2h6zmGJ1qfeaoyo8_540.gif

[-ARP-]
Supertester
11,964 posts
6,258 battles

I'll post what I sent URL Guy the other day when I'm not on my phone.

[-ARP-]
Supertester
11,964 posts
6,258 battles
On 10/23/2017 at 3:31 PM, Goose21891 said:

I got bored.

Reveal hidden contents

Memes.png.6cc3ccfbd40b5d318f8c77013a100a26.png

Or just quote myself I guess

• Cool 3

Members
594 posts
4,461 battles

My review of Giulio Cesare:

"Aren't you a little short for a battleship?"

"Yes, I am. I also avoid islands easily with my short tush. My guns are closer together so my salvos' dispersion looks less bad, my sigma is great, I chew cruisers with AP citadels, I burn battleships with HE and then AP-penetrate like the knives the senators used on me, and I can delete nasty destroyers with HE all day. Would you like some more spice with your pasta, fine senoir?"

Don't expect her armor to protect her, play a little back in the line (maybe one or two klicks at most), find unaware opponents, catch them unawares with full broadsides, and wiggle back into an angle before they brunt-force-trauma you with their return fire.

[RAN]
Members
70 posts
16,267 battles

The Giulio Cesare, the long and the short of it:

Short on:

• Size
  • Range
  • Armor
  • Turning Circle

Long on:

• Looks
  • Fun
  • Speed

The Giulio Cesare is one of the most fun you can have at T5 and does not feel outclassed when up-tiered. It feels like a hybrid between a Kongo and a Konig, and that can never be a bad thing.

Another 5 star premium, highly recommended.

Members
646 posts
4,069 battles
On 10/27/2017 at 9:19 PM, GBean17 said:

59f3e90d10dd8_Ceasersalad.png.fa3d7ed2acd64e3d9e58e8303e532a28.png

C'mon, It was bound to happen. 

Does it still have the little Caesar Salad on the ship?

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,064 posts
6,012 battles

"The floating lamborghini"

The torp beatz on this bird are unmatched, you can dodge cross drops from similar tiered aircraft carriers with ease. She moves well at low speeds, and her maneuverability allows you to put all 10 barrels on target and the accuracy is obscenely good. This thing comes fully loaded aside from her fantastic maneuverability, her turret traverse, fantastic armor for a tier 5 (when angled!), and it even comes with a full on vino bar! Hands down this is the best tier 5 battleship in the game for any experienced player looking for a break from tier 10. Her ability to carry even at tier 7 is phenomenal and leaves me seriously wanting the rest of the Italian BB line!

download (1).jpg

Members
698 posts
1,072 battles
2 hours ago, vonKaiser said:

Sadly since my Mic is still being repaired I can't offer a commentary on this one.  Best I got is a replay :(

https://replayswows.com/replay/8071

IsqTJRc.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

09SiLkD.jpg

EyHnT8Z.jpg

Q7sSnp7.jpg

I honestly don't know how you got 5 more kills than me with 34k less damage. https://replayswows.com/replay/7999

Members
698 posts
1,072 battles
4 hours ago, vonKaiser said:

Kill stealing FTW! :cap_rambo:lol

RNGesus gave me the shaft :(. Everytime I get a good game you show me up :( We should div sometime. 

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,051 battles
19 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

RNGesus gave me the shaft :(. Everytime I get a good game you show me up :( We should div sometime. 

To be perfectly honest, both have their merits (kills vs damage) but I'd take a high damage, low kill game over a kraken any day of the week.  Damage means hurt ships, hurt ships are easier for the rest of the team to deal with, I find that more of a team metric.  Kills are good as well though, means you were able to take the enemy guns off the field so they can't damage the team mates any more.  TBH 158k damage is, in my mind a heck of a lot better than my game :Smile_honoring:

Members
698 posts
1,072 battles
4 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

To be perfectly honest, both have their merits (kills vs damage) but I'd take a high damage, low kill game over a kraken any day of the week.  Damage means hurt ships, hurt ships are easier for the rest of the team to deal with, I find that more of a team metric.  Kills are good as well though, means you were able to take the enemy guns off the field so they can't damage the team mates any more.  TBH 158k damage is, in my mind a heck of a lot better than my game :Smile_honoring:

Thanks for the praise, the game ended in a draw. Nice to be complemented by an experienced player as I am a wallet warrior as I lack time to really play many games.

-Members-
33 posts
1,814 battles
On 10/29/2017 at 6:01 AM, Carrier_Lexington said:

Did someone say "Tea?"

Question? Cream and sugar?

img59831081.png

Or neither?

que-es-la-cafetera-tetera.jpg

Appropriately a general on campaign in camp needs his mind clear, and his drink unobscured. Tea adulterated with any substance other than the leaves with which it was intended to be consumed could easily be confused with a markedly inferior, dare I say, Colonial beverage only favored by the likes of Cousin Jonathan. Ah, a steaming cup of victory... thank you Ensign- 

2f9cc1f3e3de80dfb85d477bc69ca5ea.jpg

• Cool 1

[BS]
[BS]
Alpha Tester
532 posts
4,983 battles

I dont know why but WR seems to be really hard to get wins in this ship. Its a great prem ship but it dont matter how many ships I sink or attack I do its a loss. Maybe slow reload. The only think I can think of. Seems it takes a lot longer to reload than other prem BB's at its level.

Members
83 posts
5,196 battles
On 10/30/2017 at 8:11 AM, BrentD15 said:

Does it still have the little Caesar Salad on the ship?

Yes