You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Big_Tidday_Goth_GF

"it's dumb humor for smart people"

12 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
937 posts
7,770 battles

Do you people who watch this understand why the rest of us are sick of hearing about this stupid show?  I will NEVER watch this show after seeing what kind of fans it has.  Do you hear me?  NEVER!  

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

Middle aged men, too???  Jaysus...  I'm a perfectly happy man pushing 40 and have never been as excited about anything as these people are about dipping sauce.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

And this ladies and gentlemen, is why I'd MUCH rather eat at Subway. =3

McDonald's sucks donkey butt.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,074 battles
1 hour ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

Do you people who watch this understand why the rest of us are sick of hearing about this stupid show?  I will NEVER watch this show after seeing what kind of fans it has.  Do you hear me?  NEVER!  

Now this is just sad. I like the show, I think it is funny and witty, with a sprinkle of social and political commentary if you listen between the jokes. You know what is also really ironic about this? The creators have said that the sauce joke was meant to show that Rick does crazy things for completely petty reasons (as shown in his monologue before the joke) and now the fans are doing the same thing.

10 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

McDonald's sucks donkey butt.

Totally agree, Subway is much better, healthier and cheaper. Living through University on it (helps that one is just down the street from Campus and has a great deal for the students)

Alpha Tester
937 posts
7,770 battles

When Rick and Morty fans (yes I know some irl) start trying to explain to me why something is funny I always tell them that it's not funny at all AND that they don't get how much I really don't care about how much they like the show.  I mean I guess it's better than Star Werz fans but not by much.

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles
1 hour ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Totally agree, Subway is much better, healthier and cheaper. Living through University on it (helps that one is just down the street from Campus and has a great deal for the students)

1 hour ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Until you work there. Then you never want to eat there again, haha! Because you know, getting tired of the smell and stuff. 

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

You underestimate how ridiculous people can be.  If the Rick & Morty's special sauce thing didn't happen, it would have been something else these people would have gone obsessive crazy over instead because it was already in their nature.

• Cool 1

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles

Its more or less another Brony, Steven Universe, Voltron, Undertale, Superwholock, ect. nonsense. Fanbases can get crazy and wild. 

[HINON]
Members
4,020 posts
4,800 battles

Honestly, it's just a subset of the fanaticism we've brought upon ourselves in search for personal meaning without knowing ourselves.

We like to divide ourselves into opposite "fandoms" of pretty much everything. We polarize ourselves so that, if you're not with us, you're against us. It's so tiring, always having to be someone's hero and someone's villain.

I honestly have never watched the show, though I do like to quote the, "20 minutes" line whenever someone says something will take an unreasonably short amount of time.

Alpha Tester
937 posts
7,770 battles
18 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:

Its more or less another Brony, Steven Universe, Voltron, Undertale, Superwholock, ect. nonsense. Fanbases can get crazy and wild. 

I agree they are an evolution of Bronies.  What I don't get is how they gotta spread the gospel about their show.  Holy cow people it's a show

[NNG]
Members
1,675 posts
3,039 battles

The thing I don't get is that back in the day nobody ever jumped on a store counter screaming "I see naussing!" or "To the Batmobile!" People today are weird. 

• Cool 1