Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SpaceHyena

"The year of carriers" thread

51 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,209
[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,090 battles

"The year of carriers", they just forgot saying gonna be the year of destroy carriers.

WG keep making carriers useless patch after patch, i just gonna keep this thread for me list ever single nerf to carriers.

 

pre-0.6

- Nerf in essex and midway, remove the second torpedo bomber and give one rng-bombers (you want use your skills? Nah! Let the rng decide for you!)

- Buff in usn fighters ammunition (because air control win the matches, right? RIIIIGHHTT?)

 

0.6.0
The "Flight Control Modification 1" upgrade will now reduce aircraft servicing time by 15% instead of 10%
The "Air Groups Modification 2" upgrade will now, in addition to the 20% bonus to fighters' HP, increase their ammunition count by 50%

OMG A BUFF, THIS YEAR GONNA BE AWESOME

 

0.6.2
    Tier VIII Ognevoi: Moved from tier VI to tier VIII, characteristics were reworked, gains ability to use "Defensive AA Fire" consumable instead of "Engine Boost"
    Tier IX Udaloi: Moved to the alternative branch, characteristics reworked, gains ability to use "Defensive AA Fire" consumable instead of "Engine Boost"
    Tier X Grozovoi: Gains ability to use "Defensive AA Fire" consumable instead of "Engine Boost"

Okay, russian DD's with AA... we can live with that, americans do that.


0.6.6
    We increased the standard detectability range for aircraft from 5 to 8km from the sea and from 4.5 to 7km from the air.

Yay... now our planes can get spoted and killed easy! Awesome year of carriers!


0.6.7
Fixed bug where fighters occasionally got stuck in a close loop while approaching their target during an Alt attack

OMG they finnaly fix this danm bug


0.6.12
Added two single-barrel Oerlikon cannons on Nelson with a minor increase in ship's AA defenses at short range

Another buff to AA~


0.6.13
Improved effectiveness of “Defensive Fire” consumable for all US and Soviet destroyers. Now this consumable makes the AA gun aura 4 times more efficient when activated, making it more viable compared with other consumables you can mount in the same slot. Try it out!

+ AA to DD because [edited] the carriers we dont alread have US dds, US bbs, UK bbs, US cls, ,UK cls. Lets make the dds AA even stronger!

 

So... another patch another nerf to cvs...

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,209
[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,090 battles

I really wanna know what the hell WG wanna make the carriers be on this game...

In this year:

They remove the strike power from cvs.

They incrise the AA in this game (buffs, new lines)

They alread kick the carriers out the clan wars "because they can spot the dds"

Now they give more AA to dds (so, no spot)

 

What the hell? This game is going to carriers do what? [edited]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,365
[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,644 battles
7 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

snip

 

Friendly tip - change the red text to a different color. Red is for use only by moderators etc. If you're going to do things like swear in red, be ready to have some people slapping your wrists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
844
[HELLS]
Members
2,727 posts
28,842 battles

Give CVs  standard DD-sized detection circles, and a long duration radar consumable (60 seconds with a 3 minute cooldown). Then increase map size by 10%. More room to hide, lower detectability, superior detection of stalkers, combined with decent CAP management, and you will be a lot more competitive. The rest is skill-based. Play them more and get better in them. Not being a good CV player myself, I have come up against some extremely effective CV players at every tier CVs are played in. A good CV player dominates the air over his team long enough to give his team time to grind a numerical advantage, then he hits the other side when they are weakened, making his strike packages more effective and helping his team win. CVs are support ships, but they can dominate in the right conditions. That is why they are limited to a maximum of two per side in Random.

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
426
[ARP2]
Members
1,369 posts
3,667 battles

You forgot the removal of alt attacks from tiers 4 and 5. I'm pretty sure that happened this year too.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,209
[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,090 battles
22 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

 

Friendly tip - change the red text to a different color. Red is for use only by moderators etc. If you're going to do things like swear in red, be ready to have some people slapping your wrists.

oh ok i didn't know that :fish_nerv: , fixed, thanks :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,006 posts
2,384 battles

what do you expect very little of the server population actually plays CVs why would they spend time and money to make a class no one plays better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[SHOOP]
Members
623 posts
13,233 battles
31 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

"The year of carriers", they just forgot saying gonna be the year of destroy carriers.

WG keep making carriers useless patch after patch, i just gonna keep this thread for me list ever single nerf to carriers.

It ought to be called "The year of the premium carriers".  I agree there should be a rework for cvs in terms of balance, especially between premiums and there tech tree counterparts.  For example what's a ranger gonna do against a Saipan with equally skilled captains...not much.  Furthermore CVS over any other class can make or break a game for either side. The US vs IJN torpedo squadrons zero balance there.  The CVS aren't in clan battles simply because they are too game breaking, leaving the whole team perma spotted what fun!!  Plus we all know you just want to get your jollies wrecking ships in the rear with the gear, I get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,302 posts

Definitely was on course to be the year of the totally not OP, Premium Carrier, with Kaga, and Enterprise making the totally not already OP Saipan feel less alone. All was going well, until the marketing agenda stumbled on a curious rock called Graf Zeppelin. (Actually not OP, actually balanced for its tier, actually sensible..)

Kind of makes me wonder why the Op is not mentioning premiums. Because they have totally distorted random battle meta for CVs at tiers 7/8, dominating as much as contributing far more than any other ship type in the game, because there are only 2 CV tech trees/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,302 posts
49 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

what do you expect very little of the server population actually plays CVs why would they spend time and money to make a class no one plays better

Pop into any t4-6 random battle this week, most of them have at least one cv per team, many have 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,006 posts
2,384 battles
Just now, nuttybiscuit said:

Pop into any t4-6 random battle this week, most of them have at least one cv per team, many have 2.

yep but that is only at tiers 4-6 when you get to tier 7 and above you see CVs less and less but about the same amount of BBs DDs and CL/CAs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[-NACL]
[-NACL]
Members
1,194 posts
5,362 battles
55 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

what do you expect very little of the server population actually plays CVs why would they spend time and money to make a class no one plays better

 

well there's a reason why they constitute as a minority on the sever population...there's a reason no one plays them.

 

It would behoove them to spend time and money in the short run to make them viable picks so that they can save time in the long run and make money back on them. People would be more inclined to buy premiums or free exp to run up the line or camos to increase earnings per match.

 

Why let a fraction of potential income diminish when you can increase it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,006 posts
2,384 battles
1 minute ago, Combined_Fleet_HQ said:

 

well there's a reason why they constitute as a minority on the sever population...there's a reason no one plays them.

 

It would behoove them to spend time and money in the short run to make them viable picks so that they can save time in the long run and make money back on them. People would be more inclined to buy premiums or free exp to run up the line or camos to increase earnings per match.

 

Why let a fraction of potential income diminish when you can increase it?

I honestly think they don't know what they want to do to make them better but not OP(or at least considered OP by the less than stellar players)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,730
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,750 posts
15,279 battles
32 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Give CVs  standard DD-sized detection circles, and a long duration radar consumable (60 seconds with a 3 minute cooldown). Then increase map size by 10%. More room to hide, lower detectability, superior detection of stalkers, combined with decent CAP management, and you will be a lot more competitive.

Even on the smallest maps CV survival is around 50%, at T8+ it's in the >70% range, being hunted down doesn't seem to be a major problem with CV's. No one's ever complained about that before to my knowledge.

35 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

what do you expect very little of the server population actually plays CVs why would they spend time and money to make a class no one plays better

Could model and develop a new KM BB line to be played 300,000+ games per 2 weeks, or could devote resources to 110,000 CV games per fortnight.

 

CV's are in a 'death spiral' fewer players, less reason for WG to invest in them so they're neglected leading to fewer players and even less reason to invest,  so fewer players and repeat...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[-NACL]
[-NACL]
Members
1,194 posts
5,362 battles
Just now, skull_122_steel said:

I honestly think they don't know what they want to do to make them better but not OP(or at least considered OP by the less than stellar players)

 

that I will agree with, I have no idea what they want CVs to be and I don't think they know either. Until they do, we will have this class with the highest dmg potential with the worst earnings whose performance is heavily dependent on RNG...

 

...a terrible combination that shouldn't exist as is

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[-NACL]
[-NACL]
Members
1,194 posts
5,362 battles
1 minute ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Yeah WG and CV’s make me laugh. It’s the biggest joke.

:Smile_great:

 

The biggest joke, with the worst payoff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
461 posts
12,744 battles

Honestly i kinda question why they even added the CVs to the game.

I'm no naval historian but CVs pretty much eliminated the need for most other class of ships other than those to support the CV.

So why introduce a class of ships that basically negates the other classes of ships? How would you ever be able to balance that?

Answer: im not sure you can...either they will be OP or UP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
2 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

"The year of carriers", they just forgot saying gonna be the year of destroy carriers.

WG keep making carriers useless patch after patch, i just gonna keep this thread for me list ever single nerf to carriers.

 

pre-0.6

- Nerf in essex and midway, remove the second torpedo bomber and give one rng-bombers (you want use your skills? Nah! Let the rng decide for you!)

- Buff in usn fighters ammunition (because air control win the matches, right? RIIIIGHHTT?)

 

0.6.0
The "Flight Control Modification 1" upgrade will now reduce aircraft servicing time by 15% instead of 10%
The "Air Groups Modification 2" upgrade will now, in addition to the 20% bonus to fighters' HP, increase their ammunition count by 50%

OMG A BUFF, THIS YEAR GONNA BE AWESOME

 

0.6.2
    Tier VIII Ognevoi: Moved from tier VI to tier VIII, characteristics were reworked, gains ability to use "Defensive AA Fire" consumable instead of "Engine Boost"
    Tier IX Udaloi: Moved to the alternative branch, characteristics reworked, gains ability to use "Defensive AA Fire" consumable instead of "Engine Boost"
    Tier X Grozovoi: Gains ability to use "Defensive AA Fire" consumable instead of "Engine Boost"

Okay, russian DD's with AA... we can live with that, americans do that.


0.6.6
    We increased the standard detectability range for aircraft from 5 to 8km from the sea and from 4.5 to 7km from the air.

Yay... now our planes can get spoted and killed easy! Awesome year of carriers!


0.6.7
Fixed bug where fighters occasionally got stuck in a close loop while approaching their target during an Alt attack

OMG they finnaly fix this danm bug


0.6.12
Added two single-barrel Oerlikon cannons on Nelson with a minor increase in ship's AA defenses at short range

Another buff to AA~


0.6.13
Improved effectiveness of “Defensive Fire” consumable for all US and Soviet destroyers. Now this consumable makes the AA gun aura 4 times more efficient when activated, making it more viable compared with other consumables you can mount in the same slot. Try it out!

+ AA to DD because f*** the carriers we dont alread have US dds, US bbs, UK bbs, US cls, ,UK cls. Lets make the dds AA even stronger!

 

So... another patch another nerf to cvs...

Let Talk about premium CV

Tier 7 Saipan drop like last year.

Tier 7 japan kaga with it great torp bombers. not sure when this one drop

tier 8 graff zep that pull back and is still being rework but now got deep water torps

tier 8 enterprise one of the best premium CV to come down the pipeline and well balance with it loadout of a 2/2/2 wish there was option to be all strike loadout of 4torp bombers and 2 dive bombers

Future akagi is possible? Perhaps a premium tier 6 cv? like a French or Italian? Ark royal tier 8/9 british cv? Never forget the Ark Royal Sank the Bizmark!

Now one thing I like to see change is a limit to strafe on the fighter. This ability is broken and doesn't consume ammo..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,302 posts
Just now, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

Let Talk about premium CV

Tier 7 Saipan drop like last year.

Tier 7 japan kaga with it great torp bombers. not sure when this one drop

tier 8 graff zep that pull back and is still being rework but now got deep water torps

tier 8 enterprise one of the best premium CV to come down the pipeline and well balance with it loadout of a 2/2/2 wish there was option to be all strike loadout of 4torp bombers and 2 dive bombers

Future akagi is possible? Perhaps a premium tier 6 cv? like a French or Italian? Ark royal tier 8/9 british cv? Never forget the Ark Royal Sank the Bizmark!

Now one thing I like to see change is a limit to strafe on the fighter. This ability is broken and doesn't consume ammo..

Which is the problem. Bad tech tree/premium ratio/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
2 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Which is the problem. Bad tech tree/premium ratio/

it good just not enough premium cv. Like to see another euro cv come down. think possible that the aquiras or French cv/british cv could be a tier 6?

Now hope ark royal would be a premium and be like a tier 8?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,302 posts
14 minutes ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

it good just not enough premium cv. Like to see another euro cv come down. think possible that the aquiras or French cv/british cv could be a tier 6?

Now hope ark royal would be a premium and be like a tier 8?

even worse techtree/premium ratio

right now there needs to be a 3rd CV tech tree, to add more diversity at all tiers. The obvious candidate is the British.

There is no shortage of possible premium CVs, inc the French and and Italian (both built and paper).

But there are too many (OP) premiums for the number of tech tree ships/

Speaking as an owner of all CV premiums excepting Enterprise/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
4 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

even worse techtree/premium ratio

right now there needs to be a 3rd CV tech tree, to add more diversity at all tiers. The obvious candidate is the British.

There is no shortage of possible premium CVs, inc the French and and Italian (both built and paper).

But there are too many (OP) premiums for the number of tech tree ships/

Speaking as an owner of all CV premiums excepting Enterprise/

one way to balance the cv line would be enable scout/fighter plane to be control from bb/CA perhaps a torpbomber/divebomber option seaplane...

Enterprise is a great ship. Saipan is garbage since they gave it tier 9 fighters but got no strike loadout for dealing with ranger/hiryu loadouts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,302 posts
Just now, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

one way to balance the cv line would be enable scout/fighter plane to be control from bb/CA perhaps a torpbomber/divebomber option seaplane...

Enterprise is a great ship. Saipan is garbage since they gave it tier 9 fighters but got no strike loadout for dealing with ranger/hiryu loadouts...

Don't get me wrong, but I am under the impression a good CV for you is an OP cv...

The Enterprise is an example of what is bad for the future of cvs in the game, in the long run. Cheap thrills now, punishingly bad for the random meta (t6>8>10)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×